Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xyfiel

Video of two newest Falcons.

27 posts in this topic

Just now, DD: Objective Elite said:

I'm going to assume he was hurt, sick or both.

I want to go with sick. But Auburn did have a decent defense but not to the point of how he was getting beat.

1 hour ago, The Peregrine said:

I want to go with sick. But Auburn did have a decent defense but not to the point of how he was getting beat.

Interesting observations as both seemed to do pretty well in those games...Silly question though: You guys were watching Mcgary (#58 right tackle) and not #70 (left tackle) which the opening still shot of the video would make you think is the guy you should be watching? 

E. T. likes this

2 minutes ago, LastFalconFan said:

Interesting observations as both seemed to do pretty well in those games...Silly question though: You guys were watching Mcgary (#58 right tackle) and not #70 (left tackle) which the opening still shot of the video would make you think is the guy you should be watching? 

Looked for the name and went back at restarted the video. 

6 hours ago, DD: Objective Elite said:

That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Really not sure what you guys were watching because McGary was dominant in that game.  He had one or two mishaps near the beginning, especially the allowed hurry that was almost a sack, but the vast majority of the time, he was excellent.  Dude is knocking guys down with his chip-blocks, then moving into the second layer quick and demolishing the LB/safety/NB.  He's turning his hips/feet inside and opening holes with excellent leverage.  He's consistently moving one DL and then jumps on another and blocks him out too.

Seriously, how did you come away with a poor evaluation from watching this vid?  It makes no sense unless you didn't really watch it.

12 hours ago, Beef said:

Really not sure what you guys were watching because McGary was dominant in that game.  He had one or two mishaps near the beginning, especially the allowed hurry that was almost a sack, but the vast majority of the time, he was excellent.  Dude is knocking guys down with his chip-blocks, then moving into the second layer quick and demolishing the LB/safety/NB.  He's turning his hips/feet inside and opening holes with excellent leverage.  He's consistently moving one DL and then jumps on another and blocks him out too.

Seriously, how did you come away with a poor evaluation from watching this vid?  It makes no sense unless you didn't really watch it.

I just watched it. Looks like he has a problem with speed and good hand movement. I’m not sure about  who he was going up against. Maybe auburn is that good.  Also for a guy that is called big country and squats 800 pounds I didnt see a lot of guys on their back. I know it’s one tape and all but I have to agree with the rest. It looked like he had his hands full and was struggling a bit. I guess this is why we don’t like to take o-line in the first. I trust DQ so I’m sure he’s better then what I think. I’m still optimistic. 

13 hours ago, Beef said:

Because they don’t really know how to watch film. 

20 hours ago, DD: Objective Elite said:

That doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.

Kaleb will be a star right tackle, mark it down. I can’t go into detail about the staff and techniques that UW teaches when it comes to blocking but yeah he will be really good.

OilFuturesTrader19 likes this

Same, he was amazing. His job his not to make highlight reel, pancake blocks, it’s to keep his QB from being hit and I don’t think he allowed even one QB hit or even hurry in that game. In fact, he was the mvp of that game, every-time Washington had offensive success it was on the right side. You could tell his QB was really confident about that right side also. The left side was a completely different story, it leaked like a faucet. In fact, his supposed weakness was speed rushers, and everytime they were pushed out of line with the QB and never got back on the play. I watched this and came away much more impressed. Big Country indeed, by the end of the game you saw the effort level of the Auburn defenders go down because they were having little to no success on that right side.  

14 hours ago, Beef said:

He is showing variety with his technique. He can play. any position on the line. IDC what anyone says

Vandy and NWFALCON like this

The biggest issue I see in his game is how he handles speed.  He seems set up to force them to run the arc but seemed slow getting to them.  If nothing else, Beasley will expose that on the practice field.

Ok, I'm only 2 minutes into the Mcgary video and he has been a boss blocking.  I'm either going to start seeing bad play or most of y'all don't know wtf you're looking at. 

Beef and Des-pool like this

1 minute ago, Monolith2001 said:

The biggest issue I see in his game is how he handles speed.  He seems set up to force them to run the arc but seemed slow getting to them.  If nothing else, Beasley will expose that on the practice field.

Yet, no speed rusher even hit his QB. Everytime his QB got hit, it was from pressure on the left side and up the middle. I didn’t see one guy from the right side that was his responsibility even touch his QB

Just now, Des-pool said:

Yet, no speed rusher even hit his QB. Everytime his QB got hit, it was from pressure on the left side and up the middle. I didn’t see one guy from the right side that was his responsibility even touch his QB

Funny you say that.

On 4/26/2019 at 6:25 AM, Monolith2001 said:

Really good article as I noticed the odd way he engaged rushers too.  It didn't bother me as he was keeping his QB clean but it did look weird.   McGary seems like a really good fit.  Still not sexy but I want a SB and this guy seems poised to help us make that happen.

NFL speed rushers will be stronger and faster...that technique not only may not work as well as it did in college but DCs will almost assuredly take advantage of how he plays the speed rush and stunt more often forcing him to move from his anchor point.  Please accept this as constructive criticism as he has all the traits but it's not hard to see him  needing some time to get to where he could go. He has all the upside in terms of length, athleticism and grit.

Vandy likes this