Now, Get A Bruiser of a RB!

I'm okay with the OL moves.  Was it a surprise? Yes. However, what we lacked most was addressed.  We were terrible in the run game and Matt got creamed last year.  So now that we have, primarily, run-blockers on the revamped line, I'd love to see us get a bruiser like Snell to go along with Freeman, Ito, and Hill.  We have added a significant veteran presence on the D-Line and we have healthy defenders returning.  We do still need depth at DB and JJ needs to get his deal done.  We will be fine IMHO. 

2 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

I'm okay with the OL moves.  Was it a surprise? Yes. However, what we lacked most was addressed.  We were terrible in the run game and Matt got creamed last year.  So now that we have, primarily, run-blockers on the revamped line, I'd love to see us get a bruiser like Snell to go along with Freeman, Ito, and Hill.  We have added a significant veteran presence on the D-Line and we have healthy defenders returning.  We do still need depth at DB and JJ needs to get his deal done.  We will be fine IMHO. 

If these 2 OL pan out, and a bigger back like Snell Matt's play-action game is going to be unreal. UNREAL.

4 minutes ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

What would you call him?

He’s more of a “one cut” back. He’s very versatile and could be an every down back at the next level. I think he would excel in a ZBS.

At 5’10” 216lbs he forced 109 missed tackles, which is the most ever. The previous record was 89, which was held by Dalvin Cook/Kareem Hunt. 

1 minute ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

He’s more of a “one cut” back. He’s very versatile and could be an every down back at the next level. I think he would excel in a ZBS.

At 5’10” 216lbs he forced 109 missed tackles, which is the most ever. The previous record was 89, which was held by Dalvin Cook/Kareem Hunt. 

Several sites has Snell at 5'11, 223.  Most of the footage I've seen was between the tackles running hard, especially from just outside the red zone.  

4 hours ago, Theyhateme : ) said:

Several sites has Snell at 5'11, 223.  Most of the footage I've seen was between the tackles running hard, especially from just outside the red zone.  

The measurements/analyze I provided were for David Montgomery not Snell. I think Montgomery could be an amazing RB in our system. Montgomery is not considered a “bruiser”, and I think he could be better than Ito immediately. If Freeman were to go down again, I could see Montgomery taking over the position and becoming the permanent starter.