My carnac the magnificent pick in the 3rd

Yeah I was dumbfounded and pissed with the pick at 14, glad i stayed up to see the trade up for the RT.  After that I was like hmmmm  that should cement our line for quite a few years, Ok TD i will give you a pass.    So now we have some ammo to get back in the 3rd round, and I belive we make a trade with the Redskins pick 96 , we give up a 4th, 5th, and 6th, still leaves us with a pick in each of those rounds.

with the 96th pick of the nfl draft the Atlanta falcons select  DB Isiah Johnson/ cb Houston or  Michael Dogbe/ Dt Temple or Daylon Mack/ Dt  Texas A&M   

Just now, turn'em loose said:

Yeah I was dumbfounded and pissed with the pick at 14, glad i stayed up to see the trade up for the RT.  After that I was like hmmmm  that should cement our line for quite a few years, Ok TD i will give you a pass.    So now we have some ammo to get back in the 3rd round, and I belive we make a trade with the Redskins pick 96 , we give up a 4th, 5th, and 6th, still leaves us with a pick in each of those rounds.

with the 96th pick of the nfl draft the Atlanta falcons select  DB Isiah Johnson/ cb Houston or  Michael Dogbe/ Dt Temple or Daylon Mack/ Dt  Texas A&M   

yeah, I don't think we are taking a DT early.    The next targeted pick - either at 117 or in a trade-up has got to be a cornerback.   Problem is they are gonna be picked clean.

Looking at the draft value trade chart,   we would have to give up BOTH 4th rounders just to get to the very end of the 3rd round (pick#100).  Not sure if that is worth it.

6 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

yeah, I don't think we are taking a DT early.    The next targeted pick - either at 117 or in a trade-up has got to be a cornerback.   Problem is they are gonna be picked clean.

Looking at the draft value trade chart,   we would have to give up BOTH 4th rounders just to get to the very end of the 3rd round (pick#100).  Not sure if that is worth it.

Not worth moving 17 spots from 4th to 3rd round...

Better off with two depth guys...

Only way I see us getting into 3rd round is using 2020 draft capital...I’m 50/50 on that option...

I think you hit the nail on the head that CBs are gonna be picked through pretty good, so may need to use two 4ths and 2020 3rd to get into the 60s range...

A team like Colts, WAS, NE, or maybe NYG May do that?

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

1 minute ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Not worth moving 17 spots from 4th to 3rd round...

Better off with two depth guys...

Only way I see us getting into 3rd round is using 2020 draft capital...

yeah, good point.   My guess is we would trade our early 4th and then like a 2019 3rd rounder - I would only do that if I thought I was really getting a stud.

I think the guy on their radar is Isaiah Johnson, CB-Houston but he would really have to fall into the mid 3rd round for that above compensation to entice someone to take the trade.