E. T.

Rounds 4 thru 7, what positions do we take next?

20 posts in this topic

Still some good talent for the late rounds will be left. I'm going to say our next positions to be filled will be LB, CB, and safety.

We may hit on a gem who could start, but I think depth and special teamers can't be ignored.

2 minutes ago, E. T. said:

Still some good talent for the late rounds will be left. I'm going to say our next positions to be filled will be LB, CB, and safety.

We may hit on a gem who could start, but I think depth and special teamers can't be ignored.

CB, CB, DE/DT, LB, WR/RET, P

E. T. likes this

how many of our picks are needed to move up into 3rd or even 2nd round, and how likely are we to do so?  will other teams prefer a bunch of late round picks for their 3rd or is that rare?

provide a couple scenarios about what picks we'd trade and who in the 3rd (or 2nd round) we should pick

I see the Falcons jumping into the 3rd  round and select an Edge or Corner. They are not going to sit idle and they want impactful players. 

That's like 7 picks, right? Did we get an additional 6th for the trade last night?

If so double dip CB, DT, DE, LB, WR, RB.

Or my preference package some of those lower picks to get back into the 3rd.

56 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

That's like 7 picks, right? Did we get an additional 6th for the trade last night?

If so double dip CB, DT, DE, LB, WR, RB.

Or my preference package some of those lower picks to get back into the 3rd.

We are still sitting in a great position no matter how you cut it up.

B_84falcons and Geneaut like this

1 minute ago, E. T. said:

We are still sitting in a great position no matter how you cut it up.

Yep. I'll admit I wanted one of the Clemson guys at DT, but their team-mate Huggins is still on the board and was slated for a late round pick so I may still get my Clemson wish. 

E. T. likes this

4th. Joe Jackson DE Miami and Isaiah Johnson CB Houston

5th. Daylon Mack DT Texas A&M and Foster Moreau TE LSU

6th. Jamel Dean CB Auburn and Bruce Anderson RB North Dakota State

7th. Brett Rypien QB Boise

4th - CB & LB (Isaiah Johnson and Vosean Joseph)
5th - DE & DT (Jamal Davis & Daylon Mack)
6th - CB & RB (Jimmy Moreland & Elijah Holyfield)
7th - WR         (Terry Godwin)

I expect any all CBs with any promise whatsoever will be gone by the end of the 3rd round. If we want a CB that can do jack, we’re gonna have to trade back up. Would’ve been nice to have a third round pick instead of wasting it to pick a third round prospect in the first round.... 

to answer the thread though, this draft gets incredibly weak following the third round prospects, so I’ll go RB, WR, DT, DE, and whatever for our last two picks. I say RB and WR because those two positions actually have depth and guys of value in those rounds compared to other positions. 

51 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

4th - CB & LB (Isaiah Johnson and Vosean Joseph)
5th - DE & DT (Jamal Davis & Daylon Mack)
6th - CB & RB (Jimmy Moreland & Elijah Holyfield)
7th - WR         (Terry Godwin)

I'm all about three of those guys:  Johnson, Mack and Holyfield. They'd be great contributors. Johnson, whom I love, didn't fall right in my final mock, but I had Mack in the 4th. I expect we'd have to take him by then, given how rabid the DL drafting has been so far. 

3 hours ago, ket222 said:

how many of our picks are needed to move up into 3rd or even 2nd round, and how likely are we to do so?  will other teams prefer a bunch of late round picks for their 3rd or is that rare?

Our original 4th and 5th can get us at the very end of the 3rd round

Somehow hoping for any of these guys: Amani Oruwariye, Julian Love, Lonnie Johnson Jr, Isaiah Johnson, Jimmy Moreland, Chase Winovich, Oshane Ximenes, Daylon Mack, Khalen Saunders, and someone else I’m forgetting.