Cam Jordan mocking our 1st pick!

Tandy

https://thefalconswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/25/falcons-saints-cameron-jordan-chris-lindstrom-comments/

The Atlanta Falcons and the New Orleans Saints may just share the most bitter rivalry in the NFL right now. While it’s natural for most division rivals to dislike each other, there seems to be something particularly personal about this one.

New Orleans defensive end Cameron Jordan added more fuel to the fire tonight, tweeting out some smack talk for Atlanta’s first-round pick.

Widely expected to take a defensive lineman in the first round, the Falcons threw everybody a curveball by selecting Boston College offensive lineman Chis Lindstrom at No. 14 overall.

After the pick, Jordan took to Twitter and called Lindstrom fresh meat.

Embedded video

Oooo a guard.... new felluh in the atl huh

Jordan is a prodigious trash-talker, but he also backs it up. He’s posted 71.5 sacks in his career so far and 14 of them have come against the Falcons.

Just now, nomak said:

Should anyone really care what Jordan thinks?  good lord.

The rivalry is alive and well!   They are our number one rivalry - and have been for almost as long as we've been a team.   So, yeah, it's worth sharing.    However, I think the title was clear enough to prevent anyone from entering the thread if they didn't care.

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Same Cam Jordan that cried about Davison jumping ship right? :D

I am just glad that for the first time since Dahl we may have guards capable of stopping guys like Jordan!

That is my hope.   I'd love to see him get handled.   Honestly though, can't see it this year.   Hope I'm wrong, but lines need time to work together and gel on protections and assignments.    I'm hoping they gel quickly, but there are too many new pieces to expect it out of the gate.

4 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I am just glad that for the first time since Dahl we may have guards capable of stopping guys like Jordan!

If you think these guys are ready to stop a Pro Bowl D-Lineman like Cam Jordan as rookies you're a fool. They're going to get rag dolled. Maybe not McGary as he's a horse, but he's going to have to match that strength with footwork. Lindstrom is going to get bullied. 

14 minutes ago, Tandy said:

That is my hope.   I'd love to see him get handled.   Honestly though, can't see it this year.   Hope I'm wrong, but lines need time to work together and gel on protections and assignments.    I'm hoping they gel quickly, but there are too many new pieces to expect it out of the gate.

So true, Tandy.

13 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

If you think these guys are ready to stop a Pro Bowl D-Lineman like Cam Jordan as rookies you're a fool. They're going to get rag dolled. Maybe not McGary as he's a horse, but he's going to have to match that strength with footwork. Lindstrom is going to get bullied. 

Eventually contain them. But nobody knows how Lindstrom is going to do. Good or bad

5 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

you see TD and Quinn saw this and thought..."you now this cam jordan guy do pretty good against us F it letss take a Tackle too we will field 8 Oline at a time"

Not sure about 8....but I would love to see us field 6 OL at a time....

1 hour ago, Tandy said:

The rivalry is alive and well!   They are our number one rivalry - and have been for almost as long as we've been a team.   So, yeah, it's worth sharing.    However, I think the title was clear enough to prevent anyone from entering the thread if they didn't care.

Lol!  It's worth sharing if you feel it is and its worth me posting my opinion about it no matter if I agree with it or not.  I just don't loose sleep over what some other player says or thinks.  Well at least Cam can usually back it up unlike Takk.        

I admit I almost like Cam Jordan. He 'trashes' our team, but he does it in a competitive and mostly funny way. Like he 'gets' the whole Aints/Falcons thing.

I mean ... I don't want his ACL to shred into a million pieces, but if he got the squishy brown squirts before the next Thanksgiving game from bad turkey and dressing I am totally down with that.

Edited by Geneaut

5 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I admit I almost like Cam Jordan. He 'trashes' our team, but he does it in a competitive and mostly funny way. Like he 'gets' the whole Aints/Falcons thing.

I mean ... I don't want his ACL to shred into a million pieces, but if he got the squishy brown squirts before the next Thanksgiving game from bad turkey and dressing I am totally down with that.

Ditto

1 hour ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Not sure where I said day 1...I am just glad to have talent on the line. Lindstrom isn’t as big, but has great technique and a mean streak. Let’s not pretend rookies have never come in and played great, especially at guard. Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

He's on GMFB this morning complaining still about Akiem Hicks jumping ship and complained that they "lost to the Rams and the refs" last year,