MD-FalconFan13

So excited!!

35 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Clearly you have made up your mind over a single training drill.

Dude just got manhandled by Greg Gaines. A DT projected to go 5th round.. And he rag dolled our 14th overall selection. 

If that isn't concerning you're just a homer...

I shutter to think what All Pro DTs at the next level will do to this man.

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

2 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Dude just got manhandled by Greg Gaines. A DT projected to go 5th round.. And he rag dolled our 14th overall selection. 

It's almost like he might be able to learn and get coaching. Everyone has a bad play. Do we have any other video or info about him from the Senior Bowl?

Oh wait!

3. CHRIS LINDSTROM, IOL, BOSTON COLLEGE

Just dominated all game long. Didn't give an inch in pass protection in the snaps I saw, and was consistently moving people in the run game. Just like his tape. Just like his week of practice. Lindstrom needs a lot more hype in this class. It's a weak interior offensive line class, and Lindstrom looks like a sure-fire starter from day one.

https://www.pewterreport.com/senior-bowl-day-1-standouts-offense/
I felt dirty posting that.

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

It's almost like he might be able to learn and get coaching. Everyone has a bad play. Do we have any other video or info about him from the Senior Bowl?

Oh wait!

https://www.pewterreport.com/senior-bowl-day-1-standouts-offense/
I felt dirty posting that.

**Sighs**

Hello Fellow TATFer.....
Just want to point out a few GAPING holes in your "sound" logic there. 

- 1st off you're using the Pewter Report (a Tampa Bay message board) for your evidence. As a Falcons fan, you should be thoroughly ashamed. These guys drafted a kicker in the 2nd round 3 years ago...... Not the best guys to use to back up your point. 

- 2nd, I like the Senior Bowl but there's a huge problem with using the Senior Bowl performance.....The best college players on the D-Line aren't Seniors!! Was Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Josh Allen, Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Jeffrey Simmons, Brian Burns, Rashan Gary or any of the TOP  D-Line talent in attendance? The only guy there that was in the 1st round was Montez Sweat. And that's just the best college players. Even the best D-Linemen in college aren't likely to be top 20 D-Linemen in the NFL. So using good reps against mostly late 2nd to 5th round D-Lineman as proof of drafting a guy #14 overall is the most laughable logic I've ever heard.

- 3rd, I'm not even as mad at the player as I'm mad at the team building logic. If you just have to have him and can't imagine you're team without him, you've got to be thinking of playing him at RT. If not, then I just don't see the money spent at OG this year being a good investment. The subsequent trade up for McGary makes it even more suspect. 

Maybe all the moves work out. Maybe our offense returns to the Top 5 offense we had in 2016. But I'm not going to sit here and act like it makes sense to me. It doesn't. Good news is it doesn't have to make sense to me. As long as the guys making the big bucks think it does I'm fine. I trust DQ. But still.....This draft does NOT have me excited at the moment. 

We're talking about practice?   Oh wait, it's not even practice for a real game.  Is this one Sr. Bowl drill?  Did he get to study the guy or did he just get a move he wasn't ready for?  It wasn't like he got bull rushed and overpowered.  How about some actual game film?  

5 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

He also played a whole game against Clemson and all of their 1st round D Linemen and didn't even give up a pressure in the whole game.  Kind of an overreaction here.

24 minutes ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Lindstrom is #75

Looked at the video. He had some good reps vs Wilkins. Wilkins didnt kick his butt. 

But the Clemson D-Line kicked the BC lines butt

5 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

**Sighs**

Hello Fellow TATFer.....
Just want to point out a few GAPING holes in your "sound" logic there. 

- 1st off you're using the Pewter Report (a Tampa Bay message board) for your evidence. As a Falcons fan, you should be thoroughly ashamed. These guys drafted a kicker in the 2nd round 3 years ago...... Not the best guys to use to back up your point. 

- 2nd, I like the Senior Bowl but there's a huge problem with using the Senior Bowl performance.....The best college players on the D-Line aren't Seniors!! Was Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, Josh Allen, Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence, Jeffrey Simmons, Brian Burns, Rashan Gary or any of the TOP  D-Line talent in attendance? The only guy there that was in the 1st round was Montez Sweat. And that's just the best college players. Even the best D-Linemen in college aren't likely to be top 20 D-Linemen in the NFL. So using good reps against mostly late 2nd to 5th round D-Lineman as proof of drafting a guy #14 overall is the most laughable logic I've ever heard.

- 3rd, I'm not even as mad at the player as I'm mad at the team building logic. If you just have to have him and can't imagine you're team without him, you've got to be thinking of playing him at RT. If not, then I just don't see the money spent at OG this year being a good investment. The subsequent trade up for McGary makes it even more suspect. 

Maybe all the moves work out. Maybe our offense returns to the Top 5 offense we had in 2016. But I'm not going to sit here and act like it makes sense to me. It doesn't. Good news is it doesn't have to make sense to me. As long as the guys making the big bucks think it does I'm fine. I trust DQ. But still.....This draft does NOT have me excited at the moment. 

Wait a sec bro. You're talking about how it's a huge problem to use Senior Bowl performance, but the video you posted was from the Senior Bowl.

PS, that was legit the only time Lindstrom got beat all week that I remember.

Not the happiest about our draft in combination with FA right now, but it is what it is.

JDaveG likes this

No 1st round pick is allowed to have any negative plays on any drills at any point in his career is the moral of this thread?

TATF at its finest.

JDaveG likes this

Posted (edited)

13 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Wait a sec bro. You're talking about how it's a huge problem to use Senior Bowl performance, but the video you posted was from the Senior Bowl.

PS, that was legit the only time Lindstrom got beat all week that I remember.

Not the happiest about our draft in combination with FA right now, but it is what it is.

I'm talking about the level of comp at the Senior bowl not being the best at even the college level. My point is if the 3rd string college players can do you like that, then it's bad. Basically his stock shouldn't go up from dominant performances vs bad comp but it should be looked at if he CAN'T dominate these guys. It should be expected for him to be among the best there. 

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

1 minute ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I'm talking about the level of comp at the Senior bowl not being the best at even the college level. My point is if the 3rd string college players that's bad. Basically his stock shouldn't go up from dominant performances vs bad comp but it should be looked at if he CAN'T dominate these guys. It should be expected for him to be among the best there. 

You should watch his games against Clemson, Miami, and FSU then. Plenty of great DT prospects there. He barely gave up anything.

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

You should watch his games against Clemson, Miami, and FSU then. Plenty of great DT prospects there. He barely gave up anything.

I watched the Clemson game and BC's O-Line got their lunch taken repeatedly. Lindstrom might not have lost a whole lot, but he got beat a few times. And it was hard to evaluate him individually while his team was getting they butts kicked so often. 14 Tackles for Loss and 5-6 sacks is a disaster. 

Again all the pressures weren't on him, but their while line got destroyed

Edited by MD-FalconFan13

I watched the Clemson game and BC's O-Line got their lunch taken repeatedly. Lindstrom might not have lost a whole lot, but he got beat a few times. And it was hard to evaluate him individually while his team was getting they butts kicked so often. 14 Tackles for Loss and 5-6 sacks is a disaster. 

Again all the pressures weren't on him, but their while line got destroyed

So you don't understand how to evaluate Offense Linemen then, is what you're saying. 

6 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

You need to go watch all of those drills he also got beat by Khalen Saunders and LJ Collier in similar reps but for the most part Chris Lindstrom was a beast in those drills.Outside of the given mentioned Lindstrom held it down.I never saw a multiple reps where he got beat back to back.

PS just aswell Lindstrom will have an All Pro C to learn off of and play next to.;)

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

So you don't understand how to evaluate Offense Linemen then, is what you're saying. 

And neither does our FO given their Draft and FA selections.. 

And neither does our FO given their Draft and FA selections.. 

Matthews, Mack, Levitre, Schraeder, Chester were all pretty good.

4 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Lebron James got dunked on by a high schooler. I guess he sucks.

This is the same board that freaked out when Ryan got picked by Shanny. 

Meanwhile, the rest of us are over here like:

tenor.gif

6 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

Man, STHU. The ish you're saying makes no sense. These mfs were practicing. Trufant can cover Julio in practice. What happens when it's game time?