Unknøwn

Rockies at Braves

280 posts in this topic

Oh well, realization sinking in that they're just a 500 club, if lucky. I was expecting better but should have known different when they didn't address the pitching situation.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

I didn't even know Bryse Wilson was on the roster!! Holy crap!!

BTW, you see what number Wilson is wearing? That's the proof we all needed to know that there will be no Craig Kimbrel reunion this year!

Not going to hit the panic button yet but I think Braves brass need to seriously consider some better bullpen options!

3 minutes ago, Dirty South Bird said:

I know stats and history probably prove me wrong, but I feel like Freddie doesn’t come through in these last at bat situations. 

You're right. In situations that are considered "close & late" Freddie Freeman is only a career .252/.356/.393 (.749) hitter. It's the only weakness in his game. That's in over 800 PA's.

9 minutes ago, jidady said:

Is pitching important? And is it bad that we don't have anywhere near enough of it?

Considering the fact that we hoard pitching when the draft comes up, it is bad that we don’t seem to have enough of it.

Spts1 likes this

4 hours ago, gp_74 said:

Oh well, realization sinking in that they're just a 500 club, if lucky. I was expecting better but should have known different when they didn't address the pitching situation.

I said it last year before the deadline that we were a 500 team. True7 or whatever the **** been calling me on it all offseason and i havnt backed down. luckily last year division rolled over. Unfortunately for us the Braves rolled over in the offseason and I knew this was going to be the outcome. 

7 hours ago, Dirty South Bird said:

I know stats and history probably prove me wrong, but I feel like Freddie doesn’t come through in these last at bat situations. 

Freddie has never been clutch. Strikes out constantly with the bases loaded...

1 hour ago, slickgadawg said:

Freddie has never been clutch. Strikes out constantly with the bases loaded...

Freddie is a career .282/.312/.359 with 58 RBI when the bases are loaded. 

5 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

I said it last year before the deadline that we were a 500 team. True7 or whatever the **** been calling me on it all offseason and i havnt backed down. luckily last year division rolled over. Unfortunately for us the Braves rolled over in the offseason and I knew this was going to be the outcome. 

Were you wrong about us being a .500 team? Yes

now you’re whining the same whine you did last year..

definition of insanity?

ps.. did you get enough backlash for your escape goat thread that you decided to grace us with your “wisdom” again?

LMAO

falconsd56 likes this

If Folty pitches like he did in Gwinnett, the Rox will blow him off the mound.  Hopefully, he was just trying to get his arm into shape

1 hour ago, TheTrue7 said:

Were you wrong about us being a .500 team? Yes

now you’re whining the same whine you did last year..

definition of insanity?

ps.. did you get enough backlash for your escape goat thread that you decided to grace us with your “wisdom” again?

LMAO

Classic bro! I hope it lives on forever so that I can remember what an epic night I had last night..Sometimes you end up in places that make you go WOOOOOOOO RIC FLAIR BABY.

Braves spent all there money on the only guy i have seen strike himself out on ball 4. That bum JD a couple weeks ago started walking towards the dugout on a pitch a foot inside for ball 4 and the ump was going to call a ball but was like ok and rang him up. I think hes a cancer to the young guys and a huge waste of all our money. Hopefully Riley gets the nod sooner than later

Posted (edited)

12 hours ago, Dirty South Bird said:

Considering the fact that we hoard pitching when the draft comes up, it is bad that we don’t seem to have enough of it.

thats what gets me about the whole rebuild thing...

Edited by slickgadawg
Malachore likes this

4 hours ago, 007dawg said:

If Folty pitches like he did in Gwinnett, the Rox will blow him off the mound.  Hopefully, he was just trying to get his arm into shape

Don't worry about the results. It was basically spring training for Folty.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Braves placed Biddle on the IL with a "thigh contusion/groin strain". Shane Carle called up.

1 hour ago, Unkn0wn said:

Folty activated,  Wilson sent to AAA.

This is so dumb!!! Why send Wilson down? I swear I lose a little bit of faith in AA with each passing day. Chad Sobotka should have gotten sent down or just put Biddle on the IL and activate Folty and leave everything else alone.

ATL Fan in the DMV likes this