Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
halifaxfalcon

Day 3

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

The dust is starting to settle with our moves last night. I was equally as shocked as the rest you with our picks... but after sitting and reflecting I am delighted we've invested heavily in protecting Matt Ryan. Hopefully over the next few years the picks made last night prove why they were worth the investment

We're going to have to sit through rounds 2 & 3 today, but we still have plenty of opportunity to add solid depth on day 3 with our 7 picks. The way we've drafted in recent years i feel positive that we will find at least a couple of solid role players to go alongside our new guard and tackle drafted last night.

Edited by halifaxfalcon
OilFuturesTrader19 likes this

The 2nd round is probably out of reach but you can bet we are going to trade back in to the 3rd, we still have 7 picks in play (plus 2020 picks if we really want to).

I would hope that Quinn has his eyes on a EDGE guy in the 3rd round more so than a CB because there is going to be a run on CBs in the 2nd round.

You may be right, although according to the draft value chart the cost of trading back in the 3rd could be quite expensive. 

Trading both of our 4th rounders together only gets us in at the very back of the 3rd round. Adding both of our 5th as well would only get us back to the middle of the third round.

56 minutes ago, halifaxfalcon said:

The dust is starting to settle with our moves last night. I was equally as shocked as the rest you with our picks... but after sitting and reflecting I am delighted we've invested heavily in protecting Matt Ryan. Hopefully over the next few years the picks made last night prove why they were worth the investment

We're going to have to sit through rounds 2 & 3 today, but we still have plenty of opportunity to add solid depth on day 3 with our 7 picks. The way we've drafted in recent years i feel positive that we will find at least a couple of solid role players to go alongside our new guard and tackle drafted last night.

I'm sure they are moving up into the 3rd.