Hurry_Up_And_Buy

Kaleb McGary Trade Up Reminds Me of Sam Baker pick years ago

60 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2019 at 1:34 PM, jidady said:

Either way, Sam Baker was a good player for us, so it's not even a solid criticism of the selection.

True. Was he a 10 yr HOF guy? Nah, but he filled a need at the time and did well. But McGary and Baker are polar opposites play style and position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sam Baker got hurt. He wasn't a bust of a pick. He went down to injuries. That can happen to any football player. You create a post as if Sam Baker couldn't play. He wasn't great, but neither is Jake Mathews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mtldirtybird said:

I wouldn't say the first contact was any better

Image result for first contact

Well we know where you stand then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh

 

Sam Baker

Height: 6045
Weight: 309
40 Yrd Dash: 5.50
20 Yrd Dash: 3.13
10 Yrd Dash: 1.87

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 29
Vertical Jump: 28 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'00"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.92
3-Cone Drill: 8.02

 

Kaleb McGary

40 Yard Dash (ET): 5.05
40 Yard Dash (HH): 5.03
20 Yard (ET): 2.95
20 Yard (HH): 2.89
10 Yard (ET): 1.75
10 Yard (HH): 1.77

225 Lb. Bench Reps: 23
Vertical Jump: 33 1/2
Broad Jump: 09'03"
20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.58
3-Cone Drill: 7.66

 

 

Kaleb Mcgary 20 yard Split is Sam Bakers 10 yard split.... He is way more athletic... But forget all that... the guy was picked 31st.. 2 picks away from the 2nd round.... smh

Yo *** long as he pans out and bring that nasty to our O-Line.... who cares where he was picked... The Sam Baker Comparison tho... come on now ...

 

Im hoping he come in and have a Braden Smith type impact (he also tested better then Braden also) ... Also Braden was drafted with the 37th pick last year.... 6 freaking picks after Kaleb was taken.

Geneaut and Tim Mazetti like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 4:49 AM, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

It's funny how nobody talks about the Writings ot Wall with Dimitrioff ever since the draft that brought Matt Ryan from BC. Obviously, TD has made his career off of that pick and wasn't wrong for it. But later in that draft at 21 the Falcon's trade back up in the 1st for Sam Baker... Right before Houston's pick. They claimed they needed "someone to protect" Matt Ryan of course and that makes sense, right? So what was that ALL OF ELEVEN OR SO YEARS AGO? OK so Dimi & Co grab a redshirt senior 3-4 year starter white guy who had great technique but so-so athletically and a known injury bug. Right behind them comes Houston w/ the Duane Brown pick. At the time Brown also a 4 year dude who started his sophomore year was falling due to technique issues moreso than his raw athleticism. And the Falcon's jumped them for Sam effin Baker who they had to go all the way to California to scout when Brown who played in the same conference as Matt Ryan was closer to home AND STILL OVERLOOKED. THAT SET A TONE. We are known OVERDRAFTERS. See it every year with these guys. And for some odd reason they just won't draft black olinemen. I have no clue as to why but I've seen these same shenanigans 10 years ago. Thank God they won on the first pick because they lost that gamble at the second one. Overpaying your WRs RBs & LTs smh... Same old Failcons. Kaleb McGary is not a starter so there's no one way a common-sense franchise would draft him in the 1st round. Stop wishing you were the Patriots my true Falcons fans and embrace the suck.

 

P.s. Go Look @ Duane Brown's career vs Sam Baker. That's the true resume of Thomas Dimitrioff. He's a 50/50 drafter. By nature. You will NEVER see this team make GREAT picks in succession outside of a leap year.

In honor of Mother’s Day, I hope your mom washes your mouth out with soap for this dumb down post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 4:49 AM, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

OK so Dimi & Co grab a redshirt senior 3-4 year starter white guy

You shouldn't come down on somebody just because he's in the minority.  

Grow up. 

 

 

Tim Mazetti likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MSalmon said:

True. Was he a 10 yr HOF guy? Nah, but he filled a need at the time and did well. But McGary and Baker are polar opposites play style and position.

Worked well enough to g give us a great shot at a championship in.2012, very few OT outside of top 10 go on to be perrienial probowl players. Some people just expect too much

Tim Mazetti and MSalmon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 4:49 AM, Hurry_Up_And_Buy said:

It's funny how nobody talks about the Writings ot Wall with Dimitrioff ever since the draft that brought Matt Ryan from BC. Obviously, TD has made his career off of that pick and wasn't wrong for it. But later in that draft at 21 the Falcon's trade back up in the 1st for Sam Baker... Right before Houston's pick. They claimed they needed "someone to protect" Matt Ryan of course and that makes sense, right? So what was that ALL OF ELEVEN OR SO YEARS AGO? OK so Dimi & Co grab a redshirt senior 3-4 year starter white guy who had great technique but so-so athletically and a known injury bug. Right behind them comes Houston w/ the Duane Brown pick. At the time Brown also a 4 year dude who started his sophomore year was falling due to technique issues moreso than his raw athleticism. And the Falcon's jumped them for Sam effin Baker who they had to go all the way to California to scout when Brown who played in the same conference as Matt Ryan was closer to home AND STILL OVERLOOKED. THAT SET A TONE. We are known OVERDRAFTERS. See it every year with these guys. And for some odd reason they just won't draft black olinemen. I have no clue as to why but I've seen these same shenanigans 10 years ago. Thank God they won on the first pick because they lost that gamble at the second one. Overpaying your WRs RBs & LTs smh... Same old Failcons. Kaleb McGary is not a starter so there's no one way a common-sense franchise would draft him in the 1st round. Stop wishing you were the Patriots my true Falcons fans and embrace the suck.

 

P.s. Go Look @ Duane Brown's career vs Sam Baker. That's the true resume of Thomas Dimitrioff. He's a 50/50 drafter. By nature. You will NEVER see this team make GREAT picks in succession outside of a leap year.

What.color was.Lamar Holmes? We.dont draft black OL? We also dont draft white cornerbacks. Can you think of a reason that might be? Hint: it isnt be ause of.color bias on our part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

What.color was.Lamar Holmes? We.dont draft black OL? We also dont draft white cornerbacks. Can you think of a reason that might be? Hint: it isnt be ause of.color bias on our part.

Please show me a starting white cornerback in the entire league. You sound inept. How many black olinemen have we drafted besides Holmes? I'll wait. Last question: Who do you think will be the best olineman outta this year's draft in 3 years? Again. I'll wait..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, shockerfalcon said:

Smh at the race baiting

Here's an easy way to handle this: Are you black or white?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.