Falcons_Frenzy

This is crazy

42 posts in this topic

Can you imagine how much grief one of us would of got mocking Lindstrom at 14, followed by a trade up for McGary???? I'm still in shock this happened. Now the defense gets no love until at least the 4th round. I hope these 2 guys become studs because right now I feel very disappointed that the defense is getting nothing to improve. This draft has started out as the most bizarre I've seen for Atlanta. I guess on the bright side the O-Line cuts will free up money.

3 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Can you imagine how much grief one of us would of got mocking Lindstrom at 14, followed by a trade up for McGary???? I'm still in shock this happened. Now the defense gets no love until at least the 4th round. I hope these 2 guys become studs because right now I feel very disappointed that the defense is getting nothing to improve. This draft has started out as the most bizarre I've seen for Atlanta. I guess on the bright side the O-Line cuts will free up money.

We signed 3 DB's, 2 DT's and a DE in FA... that's not exactly "No Love..." not to mention getting 3 starters back from injury...

Geneaut, me4falcons, nomak and 6 others like this

3 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

We signed 3 DB's, 2 DT's and a DE in FA... that's not exactly "No Love..." not to mention getting 3 starters back from injury...

We signed camp bodies at DT, DE, and DB. We missed out on transformative players on D. If we wanted to get rid of our third so bad, we could have dumped it to go up for Oliver and still gotten one of McGary/Ford/Taylor/Risner at 45. 

11 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I believe there are 7 more picks left.......2 4th......2 5th.....2 6th......and 1 7th.

I assume there will be some trading up to get a CB, DE or DT.

So a move into the 3rd is likely, if not 2nd.

My guess is these 7 picks will turn into 3.

roguebeaver likes this

18 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Yeah... We don't know what we are doing. The professionals have a much better understanding of who's going to who. We are getting information from 3rd parties and the misinformation the teams are leaking.

nomak likes this

4 minutes ago, Artys Arryn said:

We signed camp bodies at DT, DE, and DB. We missed out on transformative players on D. If we wanted to get rid of our third so bad, we could have dumped it to go up for Oliver and still gotten one of McGary/Ford/Taylor/Risner at 45. 

Nope.  Assuredly the 2 DT's and DE will be on the roster, and at least 1 of the DB's for sure as well.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Just now, Falconcheff said:

Nope.  Assuredly the 2 DT's and DE will be on the roster, and at least 1 of the DB's for sure as well.

Camp bodies from an abilities standpoint. I think it's obvious now that they'll be on the roster. I just don't know how many other NFL rosters they would make it on. 

We’ve been investing most of our draft capital in the defensive side of the ball since 2014. It’s about time the OL had investment in it via the draft. 

People complain about the D but we have 2 first round picks at DE, a pair of first round starters at CB, some top players in Jarrett, Debo and Neal. I don’t dispute that we need to add more talents and depth at DT, DE, CB and LB, but we have plenty of picks to get it.

Our defensive minded HC needs to prove his worth and start coaching up the defensive talent he’s got. 

24 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

We gave up only a 3rd rounder, essentially. That isn't bad for moving back into the first. 

4 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

It was the 2nd and 3rd right?

Yeah, but all this means is we swapped our 2nd for their 1st. We got two players in the 1st. Do you see how it cancels out in our favor? So essentially we only lost one pick in moving up; the 3rd. We upgraded our 2nd to a 1st. 

53 minutes ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

We gave up only a 3rd rounder, essentially. That isn't bad for moving back into the first. 

Yeah I get that. They may have just selected two guards though. I sure hope one can play RT. Yes Lindstrom played it 2 seasons ago. My question is how come he wasn't there this year? McGary's biggest question is pass protection. Moving to guard would be a way to minimize this weakness. 

From a value standpoint these picks look bad. Nobody on the planet had Lindstrom as a top 15 pick. The Falcons take him at 14. I get it though. They think highly of him. I just hope they're right. 

In the Presser, TD & DQ inducat d that they had intel that a number of teams between 15 and 20 were targeting Lindstrom. DQ mentioned getting texts from some other teams behind them congratulating them on the pick but cursing them out for picking him. 

Falcon from E and Geneaut like this

1 hour ago, SoCalFalconFan said:

Yeah, but all this means is we swapped our 2nd for their 1st. We got two players in the 1st. Do you see how it cancels out in our favor? So essentially we only lost one pick in moving up; the 3rd. We upgraded our 2nd to a 1st. 

Lol at people saying we gave up a 2nd and a 3rd 

SoCalFalconFan likes this

4 minutes ago, NeonDeion said:

Lol at people saying we gave up a 2nd and a 3rd 

We did. That’s what we gave the rams and what they received from us.

The whole argument that we only “gave up” one pick, because we received one back in is illogical. The net loss to us is only 1 draft pick, but we still “gave up” 2 draft picks  in the deal.

Well, when you have one of the highest paid Offensive Lines in the NFL, and it's underperforming, what are you expecting? If you over pay these guys, and they're not protecting our QB, then you draft OL. We have been saying that we never build through the trenches. Well, here you go. It's boring to you, but it nets wins.

3 hours ago, Artys Arryn said:

We did not sign camp bodies at DT and DE   Clayborne and Davison are far from camp bodies those 2 guys can play and play very well.   The Saints fans were quite pissed Davison didn't get brought back and for good reason he is a very solid DT and a strong run defender.  We all know AC and what he brings to the table it's not elite but it's far from junk either he's a very solid piece. 

Geneaut and Falcon from E like this

MR was the 6th most sacked QB last year. If that continues you would be wasting his prime years. I thought defense too but I think these two picks were spot on.

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, ukfalc said:

The whole argument that we only “gave up” one pick, because we received one back in is illogical. The net loss to us is only 1 draft pick, but we still “gave up” 2 draft picks  in the deal.

I went through this mind puzzle with a few posters a couple weeks ago.  It's a case of everyone is right depending on context.  If you only care about the picks, it's only the 3rd round pick we gave up but as a practical matter we are also saying the player we got is as valuable as the two we now won't get.

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, ukfalc said:

We actually got a 6th rounder back, so net we didn't lose any picks. Not having a pick on day 2 hurts though - I'm expecting a lot of good DB's to come off the board today.

Still at least you don't need to stay up late tonight @ukfalc. Silver linings and all...

Geneaut, Tim Mazetti and ukfalc like this

The only thing that really concerns me is the fact that even if these guys aren’t very good, the team will pretty much be forced to play them ahead of anyone else, considering where they were drafted and the draft capital spent for them

6 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I'm starting to wonder how much A Blank has to do with this, behind the scenes?  Like Blank told TD and Quinn that they are on the hot seat, plus he has already made it known how bad the oline play was last year.  So DQ and TD are throwing as many players at this problem and hoping one or two will stick to save their job.  It really is crazy how many olinemen we have picked up since the off season. 

I think more realistically is that they think that there is a ton of DT talent in the draft and hoping that they can score on one in the later rounds.  Only problem is I think we would have been better off with our 2nd and 3rd round picks.