Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falconcheff

Worried about the Defense? Take a look...

94 posts in this topic

Let's see this...

Crawford (Means)          Jarrett (Senat)        Hageman (Davison)                 Taak (Clay)

Oliver                                              Beasley                                                                                                                                    Tru

Debo                              DeVondre 

KeKe 

Rico (Kazee)

I just don't see any offense being able to pick this formation apart for any extended period of time...Stout run stopping power, nice pass rush, good coverage...

quickzero likes this

1 minute ago, mtldirtybird said:

missing Kazee at nickel

I have him as the backup FS, starting Nickel...

Showing what I think has the possibility of being a formidable base defense package...

Just now, Falconcheff said:

It's...pretty much the defense we went to a Super Bowl with...

No it's not. That defense had a sack leader, a Hags that hadn't missed two years, a Keanu, Debo, and Rico not coming off of major injuries, a Tyson Jackson and Courtney Upshaw run stuffing the middle, and a Jalen Collins playing sticky man coverage. AND even then it wasn't good enough to win. This defense is worse than that one.

Still think it's missing an upper echelon DT penetrator and 5T power pusher.

Maybe Davison can be taught to be more than he was in New Orleans, and Hageman can come on.  We'll need both (or Means) to step up.

1 minute ago, takeitdown said:

Still think it's missing an upper echelon DT penetrator and 5T power pusher.

Maybe Davison can be taught to be more than he was in New Orleans, and Hageman can come on.  We'll need both (or Means) to step up.

Still got Crawford & Jarrett as your penetrating DTs

Claiborne Means Hageman and Takk are what you speak that power rushing end.

Senat/Davison through the Nose.

Beasley Takk your Leo’s.

Theres plenty of variety there still.

Dark horse is DQ he’s the guy that needs to put them in position he’s the key for me.

3 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

No it's not. That defense had a sack leader, a Hags that hadn't missed two years, a Keanu, Debo, and Rico not coming off of major injuries, a Tyson Jackson and Courtney Upshaw run stuffing the middle, and a Jalen Collins playing sticky man coverage. AND even then it wasn't good enough to win. This defense is worse than that one.

Sooo...same players basically, minus Tyson Jackson and Courtney Upshaw and Jalen Collins???  Those are the three guys who'd make a difference?  I think you're hating just to hate, but that's your right...

1 minute ago, JJC28 said:

Oh yeh lose a LB are CB and see what happens.

Without a doubt CB and LB are this entire roster's biggest needs...

I'm more excited about the prospect of being a ball control offense that will keep our defense on the sideline. Also, defensively I feel like our soft scheme is a bigger problem than our personnel.  NE doesn't have many household names but they run an aggressive scheme and actually blitz - a concept that seems to be foreign to us lately.

Just now, Falconcheff said:

Sooo...same players basically, minus Tyson Jackson and Courtney Upshaw and Jalen Collins???  Those are the three guys who'd make a difference?  I think you're hating just to hate, but that's your right...

You're right, the major injuries can be ignored and that defense was good enough to win the Superbowl!! Wait... No.. it wasn't.. 

And it's only the 1st round...

Everybody knows DQ defense is strange forward.."go get the ball."

We bout to lean in on the defense on these next rounds..I'm hoping cb, lb, and a big mean ************** in the late round...

I'm telling you...we gone be real happy with our team come the fall.

Side note: the best line will be on display come Sept. That's a lot of bodies and a lot of talent

Falconcheff likes this

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Beasley Takk your Leo’s.

Dark horse is DQ he’s the guy that needs to put them in position he’s the key for me.

Thank you for getting it!

I actually like the way this defense is shaping up...we DO need CB's and LB's desperately, though...

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

Beasley Takk your Leo’s.

Yeah, I just meant a top one.  For instance a Wilkins and a 5T take this D to the next level.

But if Quinn thinks he can get Hageman to be that 5t and Davison to show more penetration than he has (strong, pretty fast, 34 inch arms)...it's going to take things like that.  Quinn is going to have to have guys like Davison, Hageman, Means be more than they have before.  And he's going to need Takk and Jarrett to step up, and Beasley to do something.

It's a good way to see what Quinn's made of.

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Beasley Takk your Leo’s.

I’m glad you like it

1 minute ago, takeitdown said:

Yeah, I just meant a top one.  For instance a Wilkins and a 5T take this D to the next level.

But if Quinn thinks he can get Hageman to be that 5t and Davison to show more penetration than he has (strong, pretty fast, 34 inch arms)...it's going to take things like that.  Quinn is going to have to have guys like Davison, Hageman, Means be more than they have before.  And he's going to need Takk and Jarrett to step up, and Beasley to do something.

It's a good way to see what Quinn's made of.

Don’t get me wrong man I didn’t see this strategy being played out by the FO either.I think they made these moves to get younger on that side of the ball and free up cash for these upcoming extensions.

Having Carpenter Sambrailo and Brown aren’t exhorbitant deals and are cuttable 2020,2021 it also gives much wanted depth.

I see Fusco and Schweitzer as casualties here which also frees up cash for the above mentioned.

6 minutes ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

And it's only the 1st round...

Everybody knows DQ defense is strange forward.."go get the ball."

We bout to lean in on the defense on these next rounds..I'm hoping cb, lb, and a big mean ************** in the late round...

I'm telling you...we gone be real happy with our team come the fall.

Side note: the best line will be on display come Sept. That's a lot of bodies and a lot of talent

Yep we are getting our 4 rd CB come on.

10 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Beasley Takk your Leo’s.

Crawford is overrated.

Clayborn is overrated 2-4 sacks at best. Means has 3 career sacks. Hags has been gone for two years. Takk has a bum shoulder and mental issues so we'll see what he can do, he's also not a LEO. Sentat is ok and Davison is just a run stopper. Jarrett is maybe 6-7 sacks. Bealsey may turn it on for kicks and giggles we'll assume 10 sacks. So that's what? Maybe 35 sacks from all of them, same as last year.

5 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

DL - Babs, Freeney, Tyson, and Upshaw

LB - Reynalds and Wheeler

DB - Alford, Collins, Poole

1)  I know it's not the exact defense, hence why I said "Pretty Much;" the point being not the exact players, but the scheme and type of player...

2) what we have now is head and shoulders above what we had then...