205 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Ransack said:

It's partly to do with the technique he was taught. Check out Howard Mudd and his teaching style..

I’ve read it.  But why don’t you see that as a problem moving forward

14 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Marquand Manuel sucked 

Can we bold, underline and italicize this? Twice?

AtlantaFanatic likes this

2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I think some of you have on some serious red blinders right now that are trying to act like all is well.

I love that we addressed our O-Line (Finally), I just don't agree at all with how we went about it. We wasted FA money when we had very little to begin with, Reached like **** for a Guard that does not have the elite talent of a Quentin Nelson or Zach Martin and then proceeded to trade up and draft a massive reach of an OT while skipping over far superior prospects at both picks 14 and 31.

Meanwhile our defensive depth is held together by gum and toothpicks and people expect all will be fine because DQ is running the defense now?

Good luck.

Well, there are 2 ways you can go about this:

1. Assume the defense will suck and we will lose all our games 35-24 and pout about it for 9 months while assuming our draft picks were "reaches"

2. Look at the positives that came out of yesterday and at least be in a good mood until they prove it doesn't work.

I'll chose 2 and you can chose 1.

2 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Why give Beasley more than $8? We can argue on contract value all day long. I'm talking about drafting a guy to fill a hole. If you can guarantee me that McGary won't be any good and Dexter Lawrence will be, then I'll concede my argument.

Beasley 5th year option isn’t negotiable.  And Lawrence filled an immediate need...but, whatever

Just now, thanat0s said:

Can we bold, underline and italicize this? Twice?

And we know DQ does not. He was a stud in Seattle and he turned around our defense after he took over for Richard Smith.

thanat0s likes this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

I think some of you have on some serious red blinders right now that are trying to act like all is well.

I love that we addressed our O-Line (Finally), I just don't agree at all with how we went about it. We wasted FA money when we had very little to begin with, Reached like **** for a Guard that does not have the elite talent of a Quentin Nelson or Zach Martin and then proceeded to trade up and draft a massive reach of an OT while skipping over far superior prospects at both picks 14 and 31.

Meanwhile our defensive depth is held together by gum and toothpicks and people expect all will be fine because DQ is running the defense now?

Good luck.

Lol.everything you said is.pure.speculation. Did NOT see far.superior defensive players available. Instead of.taking the best OG we.should have taken the 4th or.5th  best DT? Rose co!ordd glasses is thinking you can fill 3 OG starters with 2 f.a., And a n inside promotion. This team wins with Ryan and Julio. The defense just needs to be good enough. We needed to fix the trenches which is what were doing.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
thanat0s likes this

3 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

And to move up into the 3rd is going to cost at least 2 if not 3 of those. So you're going to bank on a bunch of late round rookies to be our depth across the entire defense?

We need at least a DE, DT, LB (maybe 2), CB (2), S.

Now those guys will all be late round prospects that have a low probability of being solid-good.

ATLANTA'S CURRENT ROSTER

QB Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Kurt Benkert

RB1 Devonta Freeman, Kenjon Barner
RB2 Ito Smith, Brian Hill, Jeremy Langford

FB Ricky Ortiz

WR1 Julio Jones, James Hardy
WR2  Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage
WR3 Mohammed Sanu, Christian Blake, Devin Gray

TE1 Austin Hooper, Logan Paulsen
TE2 Luke Stocker, Eric Saubert, Alex Gray, Jaeden Graham

LT Jake Matthews, John Wetzel
LG Chris Lindstrom, James Carpenter, Sean Harlow
C Alex Mack, Adam Gettis
RG Jamon Brown, Brandon Fusco, Wes Schweitzer
RT Kaleb McGary, Ty Sambrailo, Matt Gono

DE Takk McKinley, Steven Means
DE Vic Beasley, Adrian Clayborn, Chris Odom, Jacob Tuioti-Mariner

DT Grady Jarrett, Jack Crawford, Ra’Shede Hageman
DT Tyeler Davison, Deadrin Senat, Justin Zimmer, Michael Bennett

LB De’Vondre Campbell, Kemal Ishmael
LB Deion Jones, Bruce Carter
LB Foye Oluokun, Duke Riley, Jermaine Grace

CB Desmond Trufant, Blidi Wreh-Wilson
CB Isaiah Oliver, Taveze Calhoun
NB Damonte Kazee

FS Rico Allen, Afolabi Laguda, Chris Cooper, Ryan Neal
SS Keanu Neal, J.J. Wilcox, Sharrod Neasman

K Giorgio Tavecchio
P Matt Bosher
LS Josh Harris

KR/PR Kenjon Barner

I am excited to use our remaining 2 4ths, 2 5ths, 2 6ths and 7th to add to this roster.

We are GOOD at mid to late round picks. Freeman, Ito, Kazee, Campbell, Jarrett, Oluokun, Rico. All 4th rounders or later. 

Color me optimistic.

16 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

McGary was ranked 30th best pass blocker in the draft and accumulated 9 holding penalties last year

This is amusing. One can go online and find stats to fit any perspective one wants on every prospect on the planet. The invariable truth is, people only use the stats that support their preconceived prejudices about that player. 

FalconBlood and Jpg428gggg like this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Beasley 5th year option isn’t negotiable.  And Lawrence filled an immediate need...but, whatever

Oh there was another option with Beasley...

Sambrailo sucks. I thought RT was an immediate need as well.

Just now, FalconBlood said:

ATLANTA'S CURRENT ROSTER

NB Damonte Kazee

Thank you for proving my point. A bunch of trash as defensive backups.

If Steven Means is starting due to injury are you confident? Ish? Carter? Riley? Wreh-Wilson? Calhoun? Any of the safeties? No. 

We aren't going to hit on every late pick to give us the depth we DESPERATELY need on defense.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

2 minutes ago, thanat0s said:

This is amusing. One can go online and find stats to fit any perspective one wants on every prospect on the planet. The invariable truth is, people only use the stats that support their preconceived prejudices about that player. 

9 holding penalties aren’t a metric.  It’s a fact.   You get them because you have slow feet or lunge

Just now, PriMeTiiMe said:

If Steven Means is starting due to injury are you confident? Ish? Carter? Riley? Wreh-Wilson? Calhoun? Any of the safeties? No. 

We aren't going to hit on every late pick to give us the depth we DESPERATELY need on defense.

Haha. Whatever man. Enjoy the pity party. I’ll enjoy the rest of the draft.:tiphat:

FalconBlood23 likes this

Just now, FalconBlood said:

Haha. Whatever man. Enjoy the pity party. I’ll enjoy the rest of the draft.:tiphat:

Notice you did not answer the question. I rest my case. :tiphat:

9 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

They must not have seen how many Guards and how much money we already have tied up 

People complaining about our oline during the season and then complaining about solidifying our oline....gotta love TATF.

AtlantaFanatic and FalconBlood like this

9 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

At the expense of a very good 3rd round player.  Maxx Crosby, Miles Sanders, Isaiah Johnson, Nate Davis, Zach Allen...

And having 2 rookies on 5th year options at the same time will be hard on the CAP

Crosby and Allen are trash

1 minute ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Literally have 7 picks left. We have a very good history picking in the 4th and 5th. And we have 4 picks in those rounds. Then 3 picks in the 6th through 7th to try and hit like we did on Oluokun. 

I am excited about the depth we’re going to add.

2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Umm so would you agree that you could do this exact exercise with ANY NFL roster and get basically the same results? Even if you singled out defense and found a team with some actual great NFL talent as 2nd and 3rd stringers, you'd have to show me their offensive depth to make your argument hold. No team in the NFL has stud depth across all positions. That's why most of the time the team that wins the Superbowl stays injury-free or just happens to only lose guys at positions where they do have depth.

FalconBlood and ukfalc like this

10 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

I’ve read it.  But why don’t you see that as a problem moving forward

Technique can be changed/corrected. Will it fix all of his problems? I dunno but I say give it a chance to work.

1 minute ago, FalconBlood said:

ATLANTA'S CURRENT ROSTER

QB Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Kurt Benkert

RB1 Devonta Freeman, Kenjon Barner
RB2 Ito Smith, Brian Hill, Jeremy Langford

FB Ricky Ortiz

WR1 Julio Jones, James Hardy
WR2  Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage
WR3 Mohammed Sanu, Christian Blake, Devin Gray

TE1 Austin Hooper, Logan Paulsen
TE2 Luke Stocker, Eric Saubert, Alex Gray, Jaeden Graham

LT Jake Matthews, John Wetzel
LG Chris Lindstrom, James Carpenter, Sean Harlow
C Alex Mack, Adam Gettis
RG Jamon Brown, Brandon Fusco, Wes Schweitzer
RT Kaleb McGary, Ty Sambrailo, Matt Gono

NB Damonte Kazee

K Giorgio Tavecchio
P Matt Bosher
LS Josh Harris

KR/PR Kenjon Barner

I am excited to use our remaining 2 4ths, 2 5ths, 2 6ths and 7th to add to this roster.

We are GOOD at mid to late round picks. Freeman, Ito, Kazee, Campbell, Jarrett, Oluokun, Rico. All 4th rounders or later. 

Color me optimistic.

Lets not forget the second round of free agency before the season. We will have some cap.to work with. Chicken littles are out in effect

FalconBlood likes this

Just now, A-TowN.- said:

Crosby and Allen are trash

Then Sanders and Johnson...

But I disagree on Crosby & Allen.  Chuck Smith loves em, too.  Not that it matters

I am higher than most on defensive end Zach Allen, and I spoke at length with Chuck Smith, the Atlanta Falcons’ second-round pick in 1992 and an All Pro selection in 1997, as he’s been training Allen in the lead-up to the Senior Bowl and the combine. Smith told me Allen may not test well, but he considers Allen a great football player who will develop into a dominant three-down defender at the next level.

- Another player Smith raved about, and someone he’s only watched on film, is underclassman Maxx Cosby of Eastern Michigan. Smith loves everything about Crosby’s game and believes he can be a dominant three-down player at the next level.

m2Falcons likes this

6 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

9 holding penalties aren’t a metric.  It’s a fact.   You get them because you have slow feet or lunge

You didn't read the full article did you? Or did you miss the pencil step part?

AlabamaFalconFan likes this

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Notice you did not answer the question. I rest my case. :tiphat:

Haha. What an incredible case you have made by displaying your negativity. We may hit on these 4 4th-5th round picks like Rico, Freeman, Jarrett, Campbell, and Kazee and 1 of the 6th-7th round picks may turn out like Oluokun.

Adding 4-5 talents like the ones I listed above is NOT unreasonable as we have a proven track record of success.

Take a deep breath and realize things may actually turn out well.

:tiphat:

Edited by FalconBlood
ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

1 minute ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Umm so would you agree that you could do this exact exercise with ANY NFL roster and get basically the same results? Even if you singled out defense and found a team with some actual great NFL talent as 2nd and 3rd stringers, you'd have to show me their offensive depth to make your argument hold. No team in the NFL has stud depth across all positions. That's why most of the time the team that wins the Superbowl stays injury-free or just happens to only lose guys at positions where they do have depth.

No one is asking for pro-bowlers across the entire bench. I am asking for players that if they need to fill in for a game or even a few games they can be okay enough to not cripple the team like the bums we had playing last year.

6 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

My God , yes everyteam has starters as back ups. Jesus Christ. 

HASHBROWN3 and FalconBlood like this

1 minute ago, Ransack said:

Technique can be changed/corrected. Will it fix all of his problems? I dunno but I say give it a chance to work.

I agree...it’s a 50-50.  Just don’t know why you move up and waste a 3rd to do it.

McGary reminds me of Kolton Miller last year - looks exactly how you want your OT to look but gets beat consistently on film. Right now he's a powerful run blocker and can anchor down against power rushers. However, his feet are awful on film and he cannot mirror speed and quickness. As an OT that's a pretty big deal, especially if he goes in the 1st round and you give up a 3rd