205 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Davison  was soooooo good, that NO went out and upgraded his position and let him walk for 735k! Yeah that totally make sense! Not. He isn't some secret steal that only the Falcons knew about. He is the next McClain, a zero. And Hageman is a guy who hasnt played in 2 years and is suspended for 2 games. A human trash pile.

Yes the Matt ran for his life last year but guess what, we still had a top 10 offense. How was our Defense? Oh yeah horrible. And when Grady and Jones came back? We still gave up over 100 yards per game rushing, including 200 verse Baltimore.  Sure glad we have New Orleans reject to fix us, yay!

Every team we played with a good defense line beat us last year.  

m2Falcons and Mojojojo like this

6 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If only it were that simple

What have we upgraded on FA? OL

What did we use 2 first round picks on? OL

We sucked cheecks vs the run last year....how did we improve that?

We drafted Senat last year, added Hageman back, etc.  It's not like they stood still and who's to say they are done?

Matthews and Mack. 

What's my Oline look like if one or both get hurt? Can Lindstrom play Center? Can Sambraillo handle LT?  They have plenty of bodies in the mix but do they have the right skills to mix and match a good oline if the two key guys go down?

Falconsfan567 likes this

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Davison  was soooooo good, that NO went out and upgraded his position and let him walk for 735k! Yeah that totally make sense! Not. He isn't some secret steal that only the Falcons knew about. He is the next McClain, a zero. And Hageman is a guy who hasnt played in 2 years and is suspended for 2 games. A human trash pile.

Yes the Matt ran for his life last year but guess what, we still had a top 10 offense. How was our Defense? Oh yeah horrible. And when Grady and Jones came back? We still gave up over 100 yards per game rushing, including 200 verse Baltimore.  Sure glad we have New Orleans reject to fix us, yay!

But yet his fellow linemen talked ablut how upset they were he left,and how integral he was. We need Davison to do ONE thing only. And everyone on this board was talking about how.great our roster was and how we.were.goimg to have a top 10 defense. that was 9 months ago! Then we lost our best defensive.stars. Well.we get them back, upgrade Mc Clain, have Senat in his.second season, bring back A.C.,and have Dan Quinm running the defense. Remember 2016 after he took over play calling duties? This roster is better bc those rookies are seasoned now. You ppl have the shortest term memories. What defensive star was left tbat would have "fixed" us?

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers

34 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Davison was the starting DT for the #2 rush defense last year. 

PFF had Clayborn down as one of the DEs that affected the QB in the pocket the most last season.

If Hageman can lock into his potential a bit, he should be very nice depth.

Senat should take a step. McKinley should take a step. Oluokun should take a step. Oliver should take a step.

Means can build off finally getting some opportunities last season.

Getting the most out of Beasley is Quinns top personal mission this year.

Jones is back. Neal is back. Allen is back. Kazee should continue to thrive.

We still have 2 4ths, 2 5ths, 2 6ths, and a 7th left to add competition and talent.

Color me excited. 

So you're going to assume that everyone plays better and none of the guys injured have set backs.. May I ask when someone inevitably gets hurt who fills in?

CB? Wilson or a late round pick?

S? A bunch of rejects we signed for pennies or a late round pick? I mean sure we can move Kazee but then I go back to CB..Were then even thinner.

LB? Duke Riley the great and Ishmael who looks about 275lbs these days?

DE? Means and Clayborne? LOL. Don't think we play Chaz Green this year.

Color me disappointed.

Had we picked a DE and a DT with our picks there would be the same number of people whining about "our O line is terrible and TD refuses to get better. We are going to suck again this year and Matt Ryan is going to get killed"

Yall realize that this O-line has the opportunity to be as good as the 2016 line was. Dirk Koetter is way better than Sark. We've added Ridley who will be in year 2 now. Hooper is getting better every year. Freeman will be back and Ito looked pretty good (I think we will draft another RB too). This offense could put up 28 points a game this year.

This defense sucked last year for 2 main reasons: Marquand Manuel sucked and key players were hurt for most, if not all, of the season. We got Clayborn back, we added some beef to the DT position, we are getting all those injured players back and it's not likely the same guys get hurt again this year for the season, and now DQ, a superbowl winning D coordinator, is going to be calling the shots on defense. 

You guys who are just assuming because we didn't take the players you wanted us to take in the draft means that we are going to be a terrible team are just the definition of pessimistic.

spiker likes this

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Can't beat the saints if MR2 has no time to throw, I've been saying this since going back last year. The saints took us to sweep town because they can get pressure when it matters and gave mr2 little time to throw. I am confident in DQ getting the defense to work. We just need another ncb, and lber. We are set on the DL. 

McGary was ranked 30th best pass blocker in the draft and accumulated 9 holding penalties last year

2 minutes ago, AtlantaFanatic said:

Had we picked a DE and a DT with our picks there would be the same number of people whining about "our O line is terrible and TD refuses to get better. We are going to suck again this year and Matt Ryan is going to get killed"

Yall realize that this O-line has the opportunity to be as good as the 2016 line was. Dirk Koetter is way better than Sark. We've added Ridley who will be in year 2 now. Hooper is getting better every year. Freeman will be back and Ito looked pretty good (I think we will draft another RB too). This offense could put up 28 points a game this year.

This defense sucked last year for 2 main reasons: Marquand Manuel sucked and key players were hurt for most, if not all, of the season. We got Clayborn back, we added some beef to the DT position, we are getting all those injured players back and it's not likely the same guys get hurt again this year for the season, and now DQ, a superbowl winning D coordinator, is going to be calling the shots on defense. 

You guys who are just assuming because we didn't take the players you wanted us to take in the draft means that we are going to be a terrible team are just the definition of pessimistic.

The defense had one remaining glaring hole.  Poe.  We had him in Dexter Lawrence

5 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

So you're going to assume that everyone plays better and none of the guys injured have set backs.. May I ask when someone inevitably gets hurt who fills in?

S? A bunch of rejects we signed for pennies or a late round pick? I mean sure we can move Kazee but then I go back to CB..Were then even thinner.

Color me disappointed.

We have 7 draft picks left. 7.

Just now, FalconBlood said:

We have 7 draft picks left. 7.

And to move up into the 3rd is going to cost at least 2 if not 3 of those. So you're going to bank on a bunch of late round rookies to be our depth across the entire defense?

We need at least a DE, DT, LB (maybe 2), CB (2), S.

Now those guys will all be late round prospects that have a low probability of being solid-good.

Domed Outter likes this

2 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Color me disappointed.

We get $ after Fusco and Wes.are.released. We.sign a solid in the 2 d round of.free.agency to fill our holes. This happens every year. Debo, our best defender, is obviously gtg, Neal.will literally have had 12 months to heal. Rico is already working. Weve upgraded our safety depth already. DQ has made top 5 defenses from similar talent. Take a deep breath.

Osiruz and FalconBlood like this

4 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The defense had one remaining glaring hole.  Poe.  We had him in Dexter Lawrence

counterpoint: We had Ryan Schraeder then. Now that's a hole filled by McGary

I wanted Lawrence but now I hope we sign Shelton, but at least we addressed one side of our trenches and neither one of these guys is a slim tiny OL so they have some decent size, better than if we picked a WR, TE or CB. I still hope we draft a huge DT somewhere and sign Shelton. So for me it could have been worse. At least our OL should be set after pre season shakes out.

Just now, AtlantaFanatic said:

counterpoint: We had Ryan Schraeder then. Now that's a hole filled by McGary

Then why give Ty 5 million?  And font be fooled, Ty will start next year.  9 holding penalties last year by Kaleb.  He is still a work in progress

5 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Dexter Lawerence is not Poe.Our best defense was second half of.2016 without Poe. Assuming Lawerence is.Poe is a huge assumption.

9 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

They must not have seen how many Guards and how much money we already have tied up 

We now have solid depth on the OL.  Explain to me how that is a bad thing.  This game is won from the inside out.  If your OL is solid, a decent RB can look like a superstar.  If your DL is solid, an average CB can look like Deion Sanders.

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

We get $ after Fusco and Wes.are.released. We.sign a solid in the 2 d round of.free.agency to fill our holes. This happens every year. Debo, our best defender, is obviously gtg, Neal.will literally have had 12 months to heal. Rico is already working. Weve upgraded our safety depth already. DQ has made top 5 defenses from similar talent. Take a deep breath.

I think some of you have on some serious red blinders right now that are trying to act like all is well.

I love that we addressed our O-Line (Finally), I just don't agree at all with how we went about it. We wasted FA money when we had very little to begin with, Reached like **** for a Guard that does not have the elite talent of a Quentin Nelson or Zach Martin and then proceeded to trade up and draft a massive reach of an OT while skipping over far superior prospects at both picks 14 and 31.

Meanwhile our defensive depth is held together by gum and toothpicks and people expect all will be fine because DQ is running the defense now?

Good luck.

3 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

I wanted Lawrence but now I hope we sign Shelton, but at least we addressed one side of our trenches and neither one of these guys is a slim tiny OL so they have some decent size, better than if we picked a WR, TE or CB. I still hope we draft a huge DT somewhere and sign Shelton. So for me it could have been worse. At least our OL should be set after pre season shakes out.

We.dont need 3 0/1 tech NTs with limited pass rush skills.

AtlantaFanatic likes this

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

Then why give Ty 5 million?  And font be fooled, Ty will start next year.  9 holding penalties last year by Kaleb.  He is still a work in progress

Why give Beasley more than $8? We can argue on contract value all day long. I'm talking about drafting a guy to fill a hole. If you can guarantee me that McGary won't be any good and Dexter Lawrence will be, then I'll concede my argument.

11 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

McGary was ranked 30th best pass blocker in the draft and accumulated 9 holding penalties last year

It's partly to do with the technique he was taught. Check out Howard Mudd and his teaching style..

2 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Dexter Lawerence is not Poe.Our best defense was second half of.2016 without Poe. Assuming Lawerence is.Poe is a huge assumption.

Our 2017 defense allowed 320 ypg and 19 ppg.  Our 2016 defense (KC game until SB) allowed 370 ypg and 26 ppg

Just now, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Dexter Lawrence is very close to Poe as a prospect. That's not an assumption, it just is what it is. Hope we go up for Saunders.

6 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

And to move up into the 3rd is going to cost at least 2 if not 3 of those. So you're going to bank on a bunch of late round rookies to be our depth across the entire defense?

We need at least a DE, DT, LB (maybe 2), CB (2), S.

Now those guys will all be late round prospects that have a low probability of being solid-good.

we've signed 3 or 4 Safeties as FA already; all are decent too.