205 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I will have whatever they're smoking. I always defend TD but this is bad.

We pass on Burns, Sweat, Lawrence and Simmons at 14 to take a Guard after we spent all of the little money we had in FA to sign 2 guys for 3 year deals. If we had that big of a hard on for this guy move down. Stupid decision at 14. He does not have the talent of a Zak Martin so why spend such a high pick on a Guard??

Then to put icing on the cake, We trade up giving up a 2 and 3 to draft an OT projected to go in the 2nd-3rd rounds that likely would have still been there 16 picks later. Not to mention the fact Jawaan Taylor and Cody Ford were still on the board who I would have preferred over McGary.

Awful. 

Edited by PriMeTiiMe

4 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

Simple math says we won the 1st round.

1 = 1

1+ 1 = 2

2 > 1

By that definition the Raiders and Giants won the 1st round because

1 = 1

1 + 1 + 1  = 3

3 > 2

FalconsIn2012 likes this

6 hours ago, mtldirtybird said:

smartest thing said here in a minute

Yeah right.  So dude is talking about a 5th year option and using that as a positive when rationalizing why we drafted a player in the 1st round when he would have probably been there in the 2nd or 3rd (aka lesser talent)?  It would also be different if the guy didn't have to switch positions on the oline (his trex arms are too short for a tackle), so he will have to move inside, and not everyone can just move inside and can take on those bigger stronger Dlinemen.  I was all about fixing the oline in the draft, and liked our #14 pick but I think we could have kept our 2nd and 3rd round picks and came out even better.  But hey, we couldn't have a Falcons draft without Thomas Dimitroffing it up some. 

Some of these guys will rationalize why the opponent will be scoring all over our defense with ease. And their rationalization will be "at least we won our 1st round, because we can exercise our OL 5th year option". 

Domed Outter and GeorgiaBoyz like this

7 hours ago, Falconcheff said:

Brother, of course we did.  By trading back into the FIRST ROUND, we manipulated the fifth year options for what will be the core of our starting Oline.  While every other team that drafts their Olinemen in the second round and beyond will be trying to figure out how to pay to keep them, we will be exercising our fifth year options with these guys...

Chess, not checkers

If you want to go back into the 1st for a player, that player needs to be worth it. Kaleb McGary is a good prospect, but he's not some plug and play starter that will play at a high level from day 1. He can eventually get there but the move is utterly baffling for a team with as much money and roster space already invested in the OG position. 

cHeSs nOt cHeCkErS

1pq988.jpg

Can't beat the saints if MR2 has no time to throw, I've been saying this since going back last year. The saints took us to sweep town because they can get pressure when it matters and gave mr2 little time to throw. I am confident in DQ getting the defense to work. We just need another ncb, and lber. We are set on the DL. 

citsalp and OilFuturesTrader19 like this

13 minutes ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

If you want to go back into the 1st for a player, that player needs to be worth it. Kaleb McGary is a good prospect, but he's not some plug and play starter that will play at a high level from day 1. He can eventually get there but the move is utterly baffling for a team with as much money and roster space already invested in the OG position. 

cHeSs nOt cHeCkErS

1pq988.jpg

:lol:

Man, we're never gonna win a SB now. Not with these guys. Our defense is gonna be horrible.

7 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

If we were going to draft lindstrom, we knew the whole time he would be available at 14 so why sign 2 guards to big money? I would have rather spent it on the D. And we are stuck with both guys for 2 years regardless of how much they ride the pine, and one of them will

The Falcons have suffered from a lack of depth on this line and now it looks like they have a very deep line. I also think the Falcons are thinking Mack might just have a year or two left, and maybe Lindstrom can slide in at Center for a season or two if need be.

7 hours ago, TRUju2111 said:

Ya i hope we get back into the 3rd round, 2nd would be impossible, and address the dline in some way

This draft is deep in DL.  We will have plenty of talent to choose from in later rounds. 

spiker likes this

It’s pure comedy when someone rants that Taylor and Ford were available and we passed. Well yeah they obviously have some flags that not only us but every other team that drafted last night didn’t like. 

Just because some mock draft  writer “thinks” they have the knowledge of where players should be drafted doesn’t always equate. 

OilFuturesTrader19 likes this

3 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Dude signed for $735,000.  Hardly a marquee signing

Grady Jarrett was a 5th round pick, hardly a marquee draft pick.

He was one of the best at playing the run last year, run defense will be much better with him in the line up.

HASHBROWN3 and spiker like this

1 hour ago, dawgsjw said:

Yeah right.  So dude is talking about a 5th year option and using that as a positive when rationalizing why we drafted a player in the 1st round when he would have probably been there in the 2nd or 3rd (aka lesser talent)?  It would also be different if the guy didn't have to switch positions on the oline (his trex arms are too short for a tackle), so he will have to move inside, and not everyone can just move inside and can take on those bigger stronger Dlinemen.  I was all about fixing the oline in the draft, and liked our #14 pick but I think we could have kept our 2nd and 3rd round picks and came out even better.  But hey, we couldn't have a Falcons draft without Thomas Dimitroffing it up some. 

Exactly I want TD out of here & not because of the pick at 14 either . 

dawgsjw likes this

5 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

If only it were that simple

What have we upgraded on FA? OL

What did we use 2 first round picks on? OL

We sucked cheecks vs the run last year....how did we improve that?

Davison was the starting DT for the #2 rush defense last year. 

PFF had Clayborn down as one of the DEs that affected the QB in the pocket the most last season.

If Hageman can lock into his potential a bit, he should be very nice depth.

Senat should take a step. McKinley should take a step. Oluokun should take a step. Oliver should take a step.

Means can build off finally getting some opportunities last season.

Getting the most out of Beasley is Quinns top personal mission this year.

Jones is back. Neal is back. Allen is back. Kazee should continue to thrive.

We still have 2 4ths, 2 5ths, 2 6ths, and a 7th left to add competition and talent.

Color me excited. 

7 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Future.capital could get us in the second. Just isnt worth it.

Agree. This draft isn't good or deep enough to give up next year's picks for just to feel good that we are picking today. If we can slide up to the third by trading 4s or 5s this year? I'm okay with that. Otherwise, we let others do all that and select from the guys who slip through. 

OilFuturesTrader19 likes this

11 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

PFF had Clayborn down as one of the DEs that affected the QB in the pocket the most last season.

Senat should take a step. McKinley should take a step. Oluokun should take a step. Oliver should take a step.

We still have 2 4ths, 2 5ths, 2 6ths, and a 7th left to add competition and talent.

Color me excited. 

Finally someone with sense.

Posted (edited)

Davison  was soooooo good, that NO went out and upgraded his position and let him walk for 735k! Yeah that totally make sense! Not. He isn't some secret steal that only the Falcons knew about. He is the next McClain, a zero. And Hageman is a guy who hasnt played in 2 years and is suspended for 2 games. A human trash pile.

Yes the Matt ran for his life last year but guess what, we still had a top 10 offense. How was our Defense? Oh yeah horrible. And when Grady and Jones came back? We still gave up over 100 yards per game rushing, including 200 verse Baltimore.  Sure glad we have New Orleans reject to fix us, yay!

Edited by runshoot

4 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Dude signed for $735,000.  Hardly a marquee signing

If your gauging the.quality of.a.signing based on how.much money we spend you might.want.to.widen your net.

God I hate kindles and the random periods .they toss outpe

not being a smart.*** but who was left that was better value. Lawerence? Do we.really need 3 0/1 tech DTs with limited pass rush attributes? Idc him getting many snaps this year with us. Limdstrom could beat out Brown after t.c. If not we still have a legit back up center. If Mack goes down WHO was gonna save our season ? I think Linstrom starts LG after the bye and McGary could.see early work at RG quickly. 

we had 3 starters to not.only replace but upgrade, and Garland to replace with versatility. You have to bring in quantity via f.a. A ND draft.to.accomplish that.

FalconBlood and FalconsIn2012 like this

3 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If your gauging the.quality of.a.signing based on how.much money we spend you might.want.to.widen your net.

God I hate kindles and the random periods .they toss outpe

not being a smart.*** but who was left that was better value. Lawerence? Do we.really need 3 0/1 tech DTs with limited pass rush attributes? Idc him getting many snaps this year with us. Limdstrom could beat out Brown after t.c. If not we still have a legit back up center. If Mack goes down WHO was gonna save our season ? I think Linstrom starts LG after the bye and McGary could.see early work at RG quickly. 

we had 3 starters to not.only replace but upgrade, and Garland to replace with versatility. You have to bring in quantity via f.a. A ND draft.to.accomplish that.

He is a FA.  That was his market value.  I do like him vs the run, but to think we didn’t need a 1st round talent added to the DL because we added Davison & Hageman is odd

20 minutes ago, FalconBlood said:

Color me excited. 

This time last year the entire board was psyched at how.complete our roster was.and how we were.finally going to be a top ten.defense. Since then weve added a proven and effective 0/1 tech run stuffer, rought back A.C. And have Dan m'fing Quinn running the defense.

People upset bc we didnt add.a.3rd NT with limited pass rush skills? These.ppl really think Carp, Brown, and TY upgradex the 3 starters were .issing on OLINE? We havent drafted an OG in first rnd since 1984 so I never considered it a possibiljty , ut given what was left it was the best value at a dire need.

FalconBlood likes this

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He is a FA.  That was his market value.  I do like him vs the run, but to think we didn’t need a 1st round talent added to the DL because we added Davison & Hageman is odd

Which.first rnd DT was left? Lawerence? Like I said adding a third 0/1 tech NT with limited pass rushhing skills was better value than the best OG in this class? If Wilkens was there then sure.