Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spts1

Sooo. The problem wasn't Sark...

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

According to this draft,  Sark didn't have nothing to work with upfront which confirms that he was scapegoated...:ninja: 

Look. I'm looking at the picks...:lol:

Edited by slickgadawg

34 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

According to this draft,  Sark didn't have nothing to work with upfront which confirms that he was scapegoated...:ninja: 

Look. I'm looking at the picks...:lol:

yeah his play calling had nothing to do with him getting fired

UK13 and WPGFALCONSFAN like this

Noticed it a long time ago with the Smitty/TD debates, it's so weird to me how people just have this fixation of which singular entity they should blame if things don't go right, especially with a team sport like the NFL with a lot of moving parts.

You know, it is possible for multiple things to go wrong, it can even change on a play-by-play basis, and it might not even be anyone's fault or inadequacy why it didn't work out.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I thought Sark sucked, but it doesn't make these lame justification threads any less silly.

44 minutes ago, slickgadawg said:

I don't think that you're wrong.  I think that Sark was scapegoated.  His offenses weren't that bad.  They weren't Shanahan's 2016 offense, but I am fairly certain that no one expected Sark to come in and duplicate 2016.  I would hope that no one is thinking that Koetter + this draft is going to have the same kind of success as 2016. 

The Falcons will probably have a top 10 offense.  If we can marry that with a top 15 defense, then things will be looking pretty good come December.

Spts1 likes this

6 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

yeah his play calling had nothing to do with him getting fired

Correct. top 10 offense and 60% red zone even with 6 OG and 2 RT and no probowl RB while our defense was ranked 25 and 4th worst against the run.

Sark was not the problem.

Oh wait you really think it was sark....Well you can't fix $(#0%@!