Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
quickzero

We drafted two beasts.

82 posts in this topic

I didnt know who we were going to draft but I'm glad we got these two beasts to help with the run game and the pass pro. They can help this season and be apart of this team in the future. Schraeders play fell off a cliff last season and we absolutely need a tackle so we went and drafted one. This o line looks good to me, what say you guys?

It's not about the picks for me. It's the allocation of resources. 14 is not where you pick Lindstrom. And trading up and losing our 3rd is not how you get a guy like McGary when Ford, Little, Risner and Taylor are on the board. One would fall to our 2nd easily. Likely McGary.

2 minutes ago, ThrashUnreal said:

This makes paying Carpenter/Brown starter money look even more ********. Guess we're giving up 500 rushing yards a game next season. Gave up 2 picks for someone who was gonna be there at 45

How do you know that? Maybe new England picks mcgary at 32.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

It's not about the picks for me. It's the allocation of resources. 14 is not where you pick Lindstrom. And trading up and losing our 3rd is not how you get a guy like McGary when Ford, Little, Risner and Taylor are on the board. One would fall to our 2nd easily. Likely McGary.

Again how do you mcgary would fall? TD went and got his guys; I trust TD.

Edited by quickzero
Osiruz and Matty ICE like this

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Not my idea draft but I truly believe we did. But the f***k did we pay Brown and Sambrailo for??

I guess if they have to play this season at some point?

Edited by quickzero

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, quickzero said:

How do you know that? Maybe new England picks mcgary at 32.

You see, they don’t know but sure like to think they do. 

If you trade up to get the guy you wanted it’s not a reach. 

Edited by ICD

2 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Not my idea draft but I truly believe we did. But the f***k did we pay Brown and Sambrailo for???

Don't really know how the draft is gonna shake out. Neither are long term so if these picks pan out we are going to be able to save a ton of cap space. We couldn't afford to keep paying for OL pieces.

quickzero likes this

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, ICD said:

You see, they don’t know but sure like to think they do. 

If you draft up to get the guy you wanted it’s not a reach. 

These are our guys, and barring injury the o line is fixed, at least for this season it seems.

Edited by quickzero

Now that we’ve address RT in the first I can’t be mad. We’ve moaned for the past 15 years about an elite OL. We will have 3 first rounders, Alex Mack and one of carpenter or brown. I can dig it. Give Ryan a brees type of OL.

Our defense will be better just off of getting guys back. Honestly we can go defense from here on out because offensively we’re in the best situation in the entire Ryan era when you look at depth at ALL positions. Not even 2012 or 2016 had this type of depth.

4 minutes ago, quickzero said:

Again how do you mcgary would fall? TD went and got his guys; I trust TD.

Because there are two QBs likely to be picked, several WRs and DBs as well as multiple higher rated RTs such as Taylor, Ford and Risner.

10 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

This. 100% this. ****, both our first rounders would have probably been there at our 2nd rounder.

7 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

the entire league just passed on these guys not just the Falcons... I'll lean on the assumption that all these teams who were interested worked out the players and the outcome was that they simply saw better from other prospects. Those guys are still on the board for a reason 

Just now, Arkridge said:

This. 100% this. ****, both our first rounders would have probably been there at our 2nd rounder.

"Probably". We went and got our guys.

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Don't really know how the draft is gonna shake out. Neither are long term so if these picks pan out we are going to be able to save a ton of cap space. We couldn't afford to keep paying for OL pieces.

To be fair, the Falcons can't cut those OL pieces for a couple years. But yes, by then Mack will also have retired.

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

13 minutes ago, ThrashUnreal said:

This makes paying Carpenter/Brown starter money look even more ********. Guess we're giving up 500 rushing yards a game next season. Gave up 2 picks for someone who was gonna be there at 45

If these guys come in and are immediate impact player then we once again have a high octane offense.  And teams will not be running for 500 yards when they are down by double digits in the second quarter.

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

wat

Those linemen you say that are better value, they weren't picked so how do we know how they are really valued? The fact that we jumped new England to grab a tackle showa how much we valued our future starting tackle.

Edited by quickzero

Just now, ramonezy said:

the entire league just passed on these guys not just the Falcons... I'll lean on the assumption that all these teams who were interested worked out the players and the outcome was that they simply saw better from other prospects. Those guys are still on the board for a reason 

The players I listed were not consensus high first round picks. Risner is a high 2nd, Little mid 2nd. Ford and Taylor dropped, but surely will be picked early tomorrow. Not sure what your point is. My point is that they didn't have to waste a third for McGary.

Just now, quickzero said:

Those linemen you say that are better value, they weren't picked so how do we know how they are really valued? The fact that we jumped new England to grab a tackle show how much we valued our future starting tackle.

Not saying better value, I'm saying that the Falcons could've picked one of them at their 2nd pick instead of losing their 3rd.