Falcons In 2012

TD Says DT, CB & LB are Priority

143 posts in this topic

What’s the point of the media asking those questions honestly. What are your draft needs? 

I know next year I won’t take what ever the crew at the beach says around draft time as truth. It WILL be a lie. 

We should automatically look to the opposite of what they say! 

Just now, Falconsin2012 said:

So we overdraft an OG & Tackle, neither of whom may start next year

As I said in another thread, this is insurance. None of those guys signed in free agency are guaranteed to stay beyond one season, which means there would be a lot of turnover on the offensive line. Combine that with the fact that Mack isn't getting younger and is on a soon expiring contract. Yoy have to start preparing for that eventuality now. Develop the young guys under solid veterans so that they're ready to go when the vets are out.

ukfalc, NeonDeion and Geaux_Falcons like this

5 minutes ago, No.11 said:

As I said in another thread, this is insurance. None of those guys signed in free agency are guaranteed to stay beyond one season, which means there would be a lot of turnover on the offensive line. Combine that with the fact that Mack isn't getting younger and is on a soon expiring contract. Yoy have to start preparing for that eventuality now. Develop the young guys under solid veterans so that they're ready to go when the vets are out.

Sorry dude, you don’t trade up into 1st round for insurance.  Just the opposite

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Why yall continue to think they're just gonna tell the world our draft plans never ceases to amaze me.

Why do you think they'd tell one bit of truth when speaking of the draft prior to the draft?

Because those were the obvious needs.  Seems logical.

2 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Sorry dude, you don’t trade up into 1st round for insurance.  Just the opposite

No, you do, especially for O-lineman. If these guys turn out to be solid to excellent lineman, we just got them for five years, guaranteed, FAR cheaper than what we would have had to shell out in free agency. 

TD is preparing for what will be a lot of turnover on the O-line in a couple years by getting two first round talents and developing them behind solid vets.

We already drafted our replacement for Alford last year. I never saw CB as a need on the level of either line, although I did believe that we were sincerely interested in Greedy and Baker.

NeonDeion, gkgrimes and JDaveG like this

2 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

So, that said. DQ has just basically told us the defense is just fine. 

Which doesn't make any sense whatsoever because our DEFENSE has NEVER been good under Quinn except for one fluky TOP 10 scoring defense in 2017. I was okay with the guard at 14, but trading up 2nd & 3rd round picks for an offensive lineman late in the 1st round was dumb as **** IMO. 

1 minute ago, mqg96 said:

Which doesn't make any sense whatsoever because our DEFENSE has NEVER been good under Quinn except for one fluky TOP 10 scoring defense in 2017. I was okay with the guard at 14, but trading up 2nd & 3rd round picks for an offensive lineman late in the 1st round was dumb as **** IMO. 

The second pick we made is better than Lindstrom 

3 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Our defense was one of the very worst

Now we don’t have a 2nd or 3rd round pick to address the DL!  Now you have to hope you can find a diamond in the rough in the 4th round!  

Just now, Knight of God said:

I’m annoyed bro

You and me both. I wouldn't have taken either of these guys based on who was available at the time. I guess (?) the Falcons got good medical reports on some guys we didn't have last season.

The good news is that TD's been really good at finding 4th and 5th rounders who can play. We'll just have to hope for another Grady Jarrett over the next 48 hours.

Knight of God likes this

1 minute ago, youngbloodz said:

Honestly Quinn told everyone their plans. Nobody paid attention. He said after Matthews and Mack they don't know what they have at the end of year presser. 

The problem is like Atlanta's pitching. We still don't know what we have. We just added a larger number of question marks into the mix.

I think we've overreacted a bit to last year's hailstorm of injury misfortune.

5 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Honestly Quinn told everyone their plans. Nobody paid attention. He said after Matthews and Mack they don't know what they have at the end of year presser. 

Sure, but I assumed Carpenter, Brown & Ty along with a 3rd-4th round OL fixed that

Certainly didn’t need to throw away a 3rd for a second OL player