Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hjerry

We better have a top 10 OL this season

77 posts in this topic

Does PFF grading count? :tiphat::mmmhmm:

But agreed.

Remember when everyone screamed "FIX THE OL!!!" all offseason before we signed a couple journeymen OGs?

Just now, hjerry said:

Ever see that image about trying not to cry, and crying alot?

There's no crying in football.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

If we don't have one of the best run games in the NFL and a top 10 defense, this experiment was a failure. Period.

Or Quinn loses his job, probably.

And if he does will the whining stop around here?

probably not.

Better have two rookies starting on the OL. 

1st round picks are starters, not backups (other than maybe a QB being groomed, a rarity). 

Trading back into the 1st round to get a backup OL clearly makes no sense, so gotta assume McGary will be at RT. 

sdogg and KCFalcon22 like this

2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

probably not.

Is Flying Falcon leaving the board?

wuskillzz likes this

4 minutes ago, Jesus said:

There's no crying in football.

probably not.

Grrr, what a big manly **** you are. God forbid football fans have an opinion on a message board.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Grrr, what a big fat manly **** you are. Hail Jesus. God forbid football fans have an opinion on a message board.

What are you talking about?

Just now, Jesus said:

What are you talking about?

He's annoyed. I get it. I really do. Tonight was kinda...

It's why I've tried not to be hard on those overreacting tonight, with the exception of opportunists who would whine regardless

Just now, hjerry said:

He's annoyed. I get it. I really do. Tonight was kinda...

It's why I've tried not to be hard on those overreacting tonight, with the exception of opportunists who would whine regardless

Eh...the draft is one of those things we have zero control over. Actually we have zero control over anything this team does. People get excited and buy into the hype and build mocks, then when the day comes end up being disappointed because all that work they put into their mock never comes true.

It's best not to care who the team drafts and just hope they win in the fall. But sometimes being fan means investing in more than just t-shirts and jerseys. 

Geneaut, IamFRESCO1 and ukfalc like this

9 minutes ago, hjerry said:

That's all I'm saying

Doubtful. We’re trying to copy what the Colts were able to do last year, which we won’t. They got a generational player in Nelson and a solid player in Smith. This isn’t going to go how some people will imagine it. Between Koetter calling plays and overdrafting OL, I have a feeling we’re in for a rough season. 

Domed Outter likes this

7 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

Everyone on here complains that we don't invest in the trenches.......now they do, and everyone is amazed and pissed off. Unbeliveable.

I'm happy. hope These are 2 starters on the oline and the offense can run the ball finally. 

ITs not so much that as it’s we paid 3 guys $5mil+ each then we also draft two guys in the 1st round....

Thats either excessive or stupid...either way, I’d rather have spent $5-10m on defense and just paid 1 of those guys...we already have backups

Tgeres  difference between drafting 3rd-4th OL for depth (ie backups) and drafting two in the 1st round and spending the $$$ We did on Brown, Carpenter, Fusco, Ty...

Look at the Carpenter and Brown contracts...they aren’t going anywhere for two years...

We eclair have Ty and Fusco...

We literally are rolling into TC with with 4 backup OL each making over $5mil/yr....

Thats a bad use of capital...

IamFRESCO1 likes this