Falconsfan567

WTF is a Kaleb McGary?

93 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Right above your post.

Gotcha, my bad

the RT and OG experience were bad, but it was because he wasn’t healthy enough to play. A bad back is a death sentence in the trenches.

Falconsfan567 likes this

10 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Gotcha, my bad

the RT and OH experience were bad, but it was because he wasn’t healthy enough to play. A bad back is a death sentence in the trenches.

I don't agree that was the case. The conversation was about McGary's arms being too short to play RT in the NFL. We'll see, but I just don't like hearing that about any offensive lineman, but especially one that we traded up to get.

Look at what Indy did last year in their draft.  Pre draft I was using them as an example many times to defend my oline desire in the 1st.  I wasn't thinking we would trade up for another oline pick.  I wonder how our guard pick compares to the one Indy picked last year, as both seem to be pretty premium (draft grade wise). 

1989Fan likes this

This is no Sam Baker here. This guys has a nasty temperament and plays to the end of the whistle. He is just what Quinn has been wanting, urgent and nasty. The right side of our offensive line is set for the next decade. I did my research on offensive linemen in depth and this guys is exactly who I wanted. He's 6'7", that's the only question I have. Sometimes really tall offensive linemen get tired late in the game and just stand straight up. Defensive linemen get up under them and own them. Maybe this won't happen with our ill tempered new right tackle. He reminds me a lot of Bill Fralic.

10 minutes ago, dawgsjw said:

Look at what Indy did last year in their draft.  Pre draft I was using them as an example many times to defend my oline desire in the 1st.  I wasn't thinking we would trade up for another oline pick.  I wonder how our guard pick compares to the one Indy picked last year, as both seem to be pretty premium (draft grade wise). 

Lindstrom hasn’t been considered a generational talent like Nelson in Indy, but he is a good prospect indeed. 

As long as we invest in the lines, I won’t complain whether it’s OL or DL.

DD: Objective Elite likes this

I dont have a problem with either player or the position they play.  For me, the OL along with the QB is the engine of the offence, which i wanted the Falcons to.focus on for years now. My ownly slight quibble is I think they could have gotten either player or a comparatively equivalent player if they traded down, assuming they had any trade offers, or even if Falcons waited a round later to draft them.

I think both players are good safe players and at the very least wil be an immediete upgrade at both positions for the Falcons.

8 hours ago, stizz said:

His tape against Ohio State isn't bad. TD needs to get creative and look at some players to flip to help the defense. Need depth at LB, corner and pass rushers.

Too many bodies on the oline. Trade some for picks.

With our offensive line struggles in the past i dont think too many bodies on the line is bad. They can get rid of wes.

The O-Line is important. Everyone with a brain knows that. 

The problem is drafting guys that aren't the best players way too early. Cody Ford isn't my favorite O-Lineman, but if you were looking to have a guy that can move folks out way on the interior he was it. Risner was one of the highest rated O-Lineman against the run and pass. Draft him. If we're going to draft O-Lineman, get the right guys....

I hope DQ and company realize far they are sticking their necks out for these guys. They almost HAVE to be very good players. If not it's going to be indefensible to have selected them this highly.

9 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Lewis Riddick on ESPN just said "This guy's arms aren't long enough to play RT in the NFL so I don't know what they're gonna do with him."

How in the blue **** can you be 6'7 and have short arms?? 

1 hour ago, DD: Objective Elite said:

How in the blue **** can you be 6'7 and have short arms?? 

I don't know but his arms are only 32 inches long.

11 hours ago, Cole World said:

I had the same concerns with his arm length, but his is a tad bit longer than Baker. Unfortunately he will be our RT. 

McGary 32 7/8"

Baker 32 3/4"

Braden Smith has 32 1/4 arms and while better on bench, the explosive numbers of his and McGary were very similar, with McGary a better twenty yard and 40. Similar players and smith did very well at RT

Cole World and Falconsfan567 like this

37 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

Braden Smith has 32 1/4 arms and while better on bench, the explosive numbers of his and McGary were very similar, with McGary a better twenty yard and 40. Similar players and smith did very well at RT

I sure hope so. I do love that both McGary and Lindstrom are nasty guys!! We have severely lacked nastiness on the OL.

13 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

I don't get what we're doing.

We signed 4 OL in FA 

We drafted 2 OL in the first round

I don't understand what we're doing.

I don't hate on picks. I don't watch enough tape or have any insight to do that but what I do disagree with is the logic.

I don't get any part of what we're doing. Somebody help me understand this.

44mlud9w6ju21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=bebc8d9b979d05f072d5421a4de2c2b267185c90

Falconsfan567 and ATLFalcons11 like this

8 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Lindstrom hasn’t been considered a generational talent like Nelson in Indy, but he is a good prospect indeed. 

As long as we invest in the lines, I won’t complain whether it’s OL or DL.

I thought so too but **** we could have benefited with those 2nd and 3rd round picks.  I just think that there were better guys to take at 31, but IMO we would have been better off keeping our 2nd and 3rd picks. 

BTW, I'm very disappointed that so many people took this thread as seriously as they did when I first made it. It was supposed to be a nod to one of the best threads ever on here, WTF is a Corey Peters.