Falconsfan567

WTF is a Kaleb McGary?

94 posts in this topic

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

Lewis Riddick on ESPN just said "This guy's arms aren't long enough to play RT in the NFL so I don't know what they're gonna do with him."

And Theo Riddick is right about everyone right?

vitaman likes this

I don't get what we're doing.

We signed 4 OL in FA 

We drafted 2 OL in the first round

I don't understand what we're doing.

I don't hate on picks. I don't watch enough tape or have any insight to do that but what I do disagree with is the logic.

I don't get any part of what we're doing. Somebody help me understand this.

2 minutes ago, 408Falcon said:

And Theo Riddick is right about everyone right?

Lewis Riddick, former Falcon. No he's not right about everyone, but excuse me for having visions of Sam Baker in my head and how ugly and massive of a failure he was when the Falcons tried him at RT and RG. The last thing I want to hear about any offensive lineman is that his arms aren't long enough.

2 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

We signed 3 OL in FA 

I don't hate on picks. I don't watch enough tape or have any insight to do that but what I do disagree with is the logic.

Matt Ryan is the franchise and they are serious about protecting him. Really makes sense if we think about it. 

papachaz, me4falcons, No.11 and 3 others like this

4 minutes ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

We signed 3 OL in FA 

1. Depth

2. Insurance

3. Make sure your MVP franchise QB is well protected. Look what age 40 Brees and Brady have done with solid O-lines.

1 minute ago, No.11 said:

1. Depth

2. Insurance

3. Make sure your MVP franchise QB is well protected. Look what age 40 Brees and Brady have done with solid O-lines.

Makes sense. 

I just keep thinking of that old saying, not putting all your eggs in one basket.

youngbloodz likes this

8 minutes ago, No.11 said:

1. Depth

2. Insurance

Huh?

Why are we drafting for depth/insurance in the first round, not once but TWICE when we have holes in other positions?

We can only start 5 of them. We have 5 Guards on the team. 4 of them we either signed or drafted in the last 2 years.

We spent four picks just to draft depth and insurance?!?!?!

Flying Falcon and The Rock like this

7 minutes ago, NateDogg1215 said:

Love it about time we invest some high picks on lineman .  Besides Matthews .  **** crybaby’s 

Not a crybaby. I love that they're trying to fix the OL. I just don't like hearing "his arms aren't long enough to play RT in the NFL so I don't know what they're gonna do with him." I don't know how you can hear that and not be concerned after the Sam Baker experience.

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

HuH? Who?

A backup we gave up a 2nd and 3rd for

EDIT

I take it back. Dude might start with Linstrom. Still doesn't help the 27th ranked defense though

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
sdogg, JJC28 and Flying Falcon like this

5 minutes ago, Mid-Nite-Toker said:

Makes sense. 

I just keep thinking of that old saying, not putting all your eggs in one basket.

It doesn't make sense to me.

We spent four picks just to draft depth and insurance?

When we have holes and no future beyond this year at DT and DE.

Flying Falcon and Domed Outter like this

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Not a crybaby. I love that they're trying to fix the OL. I just don't like hearing "his arms aren't long enough to play RT in the NFL so I don't know what they're gonna do with him." I don't know how you can hear that and not be concerned after the Sam Baker experience.

I don’t give a **** . Anything is better than Shrader .

like Quinn said besides center and LT . Scrap the whole crap and we did 

vitaman and red falcon like this

11 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Matt Ryan is the franchise and they are serious about protecting him. Really makes sense if we think about it. 

How does drafting for depth and insurance with 4 picks make sense when we don't have any depth and insurance past this year across the whole Defensive Line?

No I'm generally admittedly rose colored but no it doesn't make sense.

Flying Falcon likes this

12 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Lewis Riddick, former Falcon. No he's not right about everyone, but excuse me for having visions of Jonah Williams in my head and how ugly and massive of a failure he was when the Falcons tried him at RT and RG. The last thing I want to hear about any offensive lineman is that his arms aren't long enough.

Just now, ATLFalcons11 said:

It doesn't make sense to me.

We spent four picks just to draft depth and insurance?

When we have holes and no future beyond this year at DT and DE.

I really wonder if Kaleb McGary was the guy that Falcons were targeting when they traded up? Remember that it takes time to work out draft trades and a lot can change in that time. It wouldn't surprise me if it comes out later that the Falcons were originally targeting Deandre Baker but then got jumped by Giants right in front of them who took Baker.