rudy

Traded back in 1st at 31 Kaleb McGary

68 posts in this topic

I think we wanted to get bigger and nastier to deal with the bigger DLines

Lindstrom Dahl 2.0

McGary the Mountain

rudy likes this

2 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

The Falcon did the whole “mediocre defensive line/strong offensive line” routine in the SB year and that didn’t work. Why would I expect it to work this time? 

I think Quinn believes in Takk(who wasn't on the team then) stepping up. Clayborn was on IR during that SB.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

We also got a 6th back in return.

So we have 2 4ths 2 5ths and 2 6's  and a 7th left

Load up on D and ud fa. 

1 hour ago, Doobs said:

Opinion on 1st round?

didnt seem he would be there at 45. We also get a cheap 5th year option if he pans out

54 minutes ago, ramonezy said:

lol these draft reactions are priceless. We needed to beef up the trenches... on offense we signed Carpenter, Brown and drafted Lindstrom and McGary. On defense we signed Clayborn, Davidson, Hageman to add to a rotation of Crawford, Jarrett and Senat... and everyone is still complaining. 

We traded a 2nd and 3rd worth 645 pts for 1st and 6th worth 610pts to get an additional year of control for a player we like and people acting like we were fleeced

Also signed Chris Odom

44 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Trade charts look like we made about 10% overpay...

Shouldve gotten a 4th or 5th not a 6th in return...

you have to factor in the additional year of control 

kiwifalcon and falconsd56 like this

1 minute ago, ramonezy said:

you have to factor in the additional year of control 

That’s factored in the point value...

5 picks before the Colts trades out for a 2nd rounder next year...

We overpaid

Artys Arryn likes this

So? We got what we wanted. No one will be thinking about a measly 10% overpay 3 years from now when our online is still dominating...

Man, this might prove to be amazing in hindsight in a few years but I can’t can’t but feel it’s ******* stupid now.  A 2nd and 3rd pick?!?  Really?????

1 hour ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Lmao. This defense though. Way to invest in the ******* defense y'all.

2 DT's, 3 DB's, not to mention bringing Clay back, Jarrett signed his franchise...this D is loaded for bear.  Let's see this...

Crawford          Jarrett         Hageman                  Taak

Oliver                                                                                                                                                             Tru

Beasley                Debo                              DeVondre 

KeKe

Rico

I just don't see any offense being able to pick this formation apart for any extended period of time...Stout run stopping power, nice pass rush, good coverage...

After watching film on both I like Kaleb much more than Lindstrom. Kaleb is nasty and looking to engage while I see Lindstrom as lost out there.

Ovie_Lover likes this

50 minutes ago, stizz said:

After watching film on both I like Kaleb much more than Lindstrom. Kaleb is nasty and looking to engage while I see Lindstrom as lost out there.

Someone gets it. Try telling @SoCalFalconFan, he thinks Lindstrom is "nasty and violent".