JAxxSmooth

Taylor and Ford

25 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Exactly. This happens pretty much every year and no one remembers it. They think these mocks and "experts" know it all and get proven wrong every year. 

Yep, every year you would think certain players are sure-fire Hall of Famer's, then in 2 years they are out of the league or backups.  When it comes to drafting players you just have to wait and see.  It takes years to accurately grade draft classes.  The teams who are 'winners' on draft night are rarely winners in January and February.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're not wrong. Taylor was never that good imho, and with Ford there are questions about his stance.

Still think the Lindstrom thing is...eh. But at least it's a guy I like. 2nd favorite after Ford at guard tbh.

Knight of God likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Yeah, these guys sounded like for sure top 10 picks on these boards the past few weeks.  They are falling fast...

 

9 minutes ago, Dem Birds said:

Exactly. This happens pretty much every year and no one remembers it. They think these mocks and "experts" know it all and get proven wrong every year. 

 

the mocker fockers have short memories

 

R The Great deserves some love for calling Ferrell getting taken (just way quicker) in the top 15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JAxxSmooth said:

Alot of teams choosing Olineman over the guys all you experts are saying is better than the guy we chose.  Jus sayin...

but but but I watched 4 minutes of YouTube highlights and saw some guy on twitter say they were great and definite locks for top 15....:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taylor is rumored to have medical issues. Ford might be seen as a guard and guards that aren’t projected to be elite don’t go in the first round. 

Kung Fu Kenny likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

You're not wrong. Taylor was never that good imho, and with Ford there are questions about his stance.

Still think the Lindstrom thing is...eh. But at least it's a guy I like. 2nd favorite after Ford at guard tbh.

I have a feeling Ford will end up in Arizona with his former teammate Murray.

Kung Fu Kenny likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Yeah, these guys sounded like for sure top 10 picks on these boards the past few weeks.  They are falling fast...

Not just these past weeks, these past few minutes also 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JAxxSmooth said:

Alot of teams choosing Olineman over the guys all you experts are saying is better than the guy we chose.  Jus sayin...

"...experts..."

giphy.gif

JDaveG likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kung Fu Kenny said:

Because the Falcons choose Kaleb McGary with their 2nd pick.

He is better than Sombrero imo. A little better football iq. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up starting towards the tail end of the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Why would it be bad news?

You must not be paying attention, but we don't have 3rd and 2nd round picks today unless we trade again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Zone#7 said:

You must not be paying attention, but we don't have 3rd and 2nd round picks today unless we trade again.

Yeah we used our 2nd to move up 14 spots. So we only lost 1 pick. We really didn't give up very much. We still can trade up into the back end of the 3rd round if we find a good player that we really like. We have 2 4ths, 2 6ths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wanted both Ford and Taylor.  Of course, I am a guy that relies on reading information from dubious resources, so my opinion is trash.

I think our FO did their homework and chose the guys that fit our scheme best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still think Taylor is the best tackle in the class. I've heard teams had issues with his knee(s).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now