Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gazoo

Was All Pro Alex Mack worth a mid 1st round pick? Lindstrom will replace him

38 posts in this topic

If you think Alex Mack was worth a 1st round pick, which he obviously was, we just got his eventual replacement who has the skill set to be just as good of a center, possible pro bowler. 

Of course I’m not predicting HOF, that is a totally different argument, would be exponentially less likely, and would require long term sustained consistency at a pro bowl / all pro level. 

Lindstrom will play OG for a couple of years, but I have no doubt we drafted him to eventually replace Mack. And I believe he can be just as good. They are virtually the same size 6’4” and 310lbs, and virtually just as athletic, quick, fast and mobile. 

Macks arms are shorter at 33”, where Lindstroms are over 34”, but these guys are almost identical twins.

I believe this is where the most value is the Lindstrom pick. I believe he can be a pro bowl level center.  Our future Center, but also an immediate starter at OG.

Mack is like a future HOFer. If he has to live up to that to be worth a top 15 pick then we're in trouble.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

Glad you're cool with setting expectations sky high immediately.

like ******* we're already comparing the dude to all-pros and saying he'll have a 10 year career? have y'all seen TDs history of drafting offensive linemen?

11 minutes ago, TheJudge said:

"I really wish I hadn't built up our offensive line"  Said no GM in the history of football.

I am glad I drafted a guy now that I could have drafted in the next round or later, Said an ex NFL GM.

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I am glad I drafted a guy now that I could have drafted in the next round or later, Said an ex NFL GM.

I bet you thought Garrett Bradbury would have been available late first too. Ferrell too for that matter.

Yall do realize that mocks are not blueprints, right?

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I bet you thought Garrett Bradbury would have been available late first too. Ferrell too for that matter.

Yeah, you are clueless as usual and you proved it with this post. 

You never disappoint.

1 minute ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Yeah, you are clueless as usual and you proved it with this post. 

You never disappoint.

I like how you explained how I was clueless.

Yo_Lover likes this

Why not take Bradbury?

This is why I don't like the pick. Yall Mofos saying we took an OG to play every position but OG when there were better OT's and C's still on the board. 

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Thank you. When will people realize that draft rankings and mock drafts are not set in stone? They are best guesses and are wrong a lot of the time. Someone already said that teams were on him as early as 17.

gazoo, Marco102 and Ergo Proxy like this

53 minutes ago, HEIST said:

Mack is like a future HOFer. If he has to live up to that to be worth a top 15 pick then we're in trouble.

I said athletically and intellectually he is very, very similar and has the potential to be just as good of a center over the next few years. Possible pro bowl level center.

To be a HOF player, that would mean he would have to be just as good as Mack for a full decade, for his entire career, no major injuries, scheme changes, etc. That is a lot harder and is not remotely what I was suggesting.

vitaman likes this

6 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Explain it for the slow people.

While you're at it, let me know just how you know that Lindstrom would be available in the 2nd round.

Show me where I said I wanted any of the folks you mentioned. 

And also show me where other teams have started to draft Guards so far in this draft, ole wish one. 

you can’t?? 

That’s what I thought. 

32 minutes ago, gazoo said:

If you think Alex Mack was worth a 1st round pick, which he obviously was, we just got his eventual replacement who has the skill set to be just as good.

Lindstrom will play OG for a couple of years, but I have no doubt we drafted him to eventually replace Mack. And I believe he can be just as good. They are virtually the same size 6’4” and 310lbs, and virtually just as athletic, quick, fast and mobile. 

Macks arms are shorter at 33”, where Lindstroms are over 34”, but these guys are almost identical twins.

I believe this is where the most value is the Lindstrom pick. Our future Center, but also an immediate starter at OG.

To all the whiners - This pick helps gives MR2 time to work his magic, and also helps the run game.  We have lacked solid strength up front for a while.  Not a glamorous pick, but a necessary one.  And to all the arm-chair GMs moaning that we coulda got him cheaper, I call BS.  You don't know better than the team scouts.

4 minutes ago, NCCooley said:

To all the whiners - This pick helps gives MR2 time to work his magic, and also helps the run game.  We have lacked solid strength up front for a while.  Not a glamorous pick, but a necessary one.  And to all the arm-chair GMs moaning that we coulda got him cheaper, I call BS.  You don't know better than the team scouts.

I  noticed there was no argument about my point about Mack and Lindstrom  being virtual clones in height, weight, athleticism, mobility, ability to get to second level, intelligence, quickness, and that Lindstrom ability to play center  adds value to the selection. 

41 minutes ago, gazoo said:

If you think Alex Mack was worth a 1st round pick, which he obviously was, we just got his eventual replacement who has the skill set to be just as go. Of course I’m not predicting HOF, that is a totally different argument and would be far less likely, O long term consistency. 

I believe this is where the most value is the Lindstrom pick. Our future Center, but also an immediate starter at OG.

Ok, let's say I buy that.  He still could have been taken later and we could taken a DL to help make our Defense be better.  I am a firm believer in Defense wins championships. Or have we forgotten that 14 point lead (I think) we blew in the Super Bowl.  If we had a stout defense, we could have prevailed.  But Brady just sat back there and had all day to pick up apart.  I suspect if somehow we make to the Super Bowl or some championship game, the same thing will happen.

34 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

like ******* we're already comparing the dude to all-pros and saying he'll have a 10 year career? have y'all seen TDs history of drafting offensive linemen?

Does Jake Matthews count?

Does Ryan Schareder considering his draft status?

Do those guys count? Or just not when you want to prove a different point?