Francis York Morgan

Explain our FA and Draft to me, please

38 posts in this topic

The most we spent in FA was on two guards. We have another guard (Fusco) we spent a decent chunk on recently.

Then we take Lindstrom at 14 when most mocks had him going in the 30s at best. A guard who can, maybe, be a Center in the future or eventually transition to RT.

This feels like the FO getting cute. Stupid pick. Flat out stupid. I like Lindstrom, and he can be a good player for us. He isn't worth #14, especially with how little we addressed the defense in free agency. He wasn't the BPA.

Done sticking up for them. Prove something. Ugh. Can't believe I got excited for this horse hockey.

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

The most we spent in FA was on two guards. We have another guard (Fusco) we spent a decent chunk on recently.

Then we take Lindstrom at 14 when most mocks had him going in the 30s at best. A guard who can, maybe, be a Center in the future or eventually transition to RT.

This feels like the FO getting cute. Stupid pick. Flat out stupid. I like Lindstrom, and he can be a good player for us. He isn't worth #14, especially with how little we addressed the defense in free agency. He wasn't the BPA.

Done sticking up for them. Prove something. Ugh. Can't believe I got excited for this horse hockey.

TD celebrating with Gruden & Mayock. LoL!  Remember what Keanu Neal pick? Chill!

AustinFalcon likes this

Who here ever *itched about the O line not protecting Ryan?  Who here has ever said "when are they gonna build the trenches?"  Who here ever said "if Ryan only had a line like Bradys got?" 

Good solid pick for the O line. Thank TD and crew. 

Mojojojo, citsalp, vitaman and 6 others like this

Matt was sacked 42 times I believe. We haven’t been able to pick up a yard or two when we needed it in forever. 

Only time will tell if we songbird and drafted the right guys but you can’t say the FO hasn’t invested heavily into making sure but of those problrms are no longer issues.

AustinFalcon, vitaman and Tmodel66 like this

Who says we could have got Lindstrom in the 2nd? Y’all don’t know that he would have lasted that long. Mock drafts and projections don’t mean squat. 

AustinFalcon and gkgrimes like this

I’m sorry guys, but the Falcons got terribly unlucky when the Dolphins took our beloved Wilkins pick from us. Honestly you had to take the best G in the draft after that, and it’s funny, the off season the Falcons is having in the FA and draft is what I wanted to happen last year so badly but everyone disagreed with me.

Lindstrom will be the starting center of the future, so everyone signed in the off season will still play a significant role. Maybe Mack has indicated he wants to retire after this season? Just going to be hard to find room for everyone this year, unless an injury occurs. 

Diggable Birds likes this

I'll explain. This team only sniffs the playoffs by protecting Matt and scoring 30 a game. Thought we'd take a tackle.. but this draft isn't over. But spending $ on guards then grabbing a guard for the next head coach and GM does seem weird...

Just now, TimeBomb said:

I'll explain. This team only sniffs the playoffs by protecting Matt and scoring 30 a game. Thought we'd take a tackle.. but this draft isn't over. But spending $ on guards then grabbing a guard for the next head coach and GM does seem weird...

What happens if the opponent scores 31 a game on us? Who wins?

Chitown2ATL_Falcon likes this

Lol. If somehow Sweat falls to us or we trade up to get him maybe this draft works... just kidding we'll move up and draft a CB you never heard of next.

1 hour ago, nomak said:

Who here ever *itched about the O line not protecting Ryan?  Who here has ever said "when are they gonna build the trenches?"  Who here ever said "if Ryan only had a line like Bradys got?" 

Good solid pick for the O line. Thank TD and crew. 

This.

Lindstrom is not a center. He played RT and guard. Bradbury would have been the guy to take as replacement for Mack. Just a stupid pick at 14. Nice player, but they could have traded down 10 spots and still got Lindstrom.

I like this pick.  This kid looks tough and like he plays nasty.  We all know this team is not known for being 'tough'.  Think back to the Ravens game last season, they dominated us at the LOS, because we were soft.  We need to toughen up and I think they are trying to find that identity with the additions on the OL during FA and the first round pick tonight.

Cody Ford, Jawaan Taylor, and Greedy were all Mocked to us and are about to fall out of the first. Turns out they would have been reaches at 14.... Mock drafts are nothing but guesses by a lot of guys not good enough to be pro GMs

gkgrimes, shock and capologist like this

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

TD is an idiot. 

I have no idea why we took this guy at 14. None. None at all. 

Just a guess is we didn't have a run game, our franchise quarterback was on his back more than a Thai hooker, and our center is 34 years old. It is just a guess though.

capologist likes this