Jump to content

No UGA Players again!!!


TX Falcon

Recommended Posts

Lamont Gaillard started 42 games in a row to end his UGA career with the first 13 coming at right guard. The final 29 were at center, where he earned All-SEC honors at the end of his senior season. The potential for growth is there for Gaillard, who just wrapped up his fourth season as an offensive lineman

 

What in the world are the Falcons looking for? Cause they could have looked at home first!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Because he'd be even worse of a reach considering he will not hear his name called until the 4th round at a minimum. Just playing in the big bad SEC will not get you brownie points in evaluation. Look, I LOVE him, but you don't take Georgia players to just TAKE them. Be a fan of the Bengals or another team that has a lot of Dawgs if it's that fulfilling for you to keep rooting for them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, VoiceofReason95 said:

Because he'd be even worse of a reach considering he will not hear his name called until the 4th round at a minimum. Just playing in the big bad SEC will not get you brownie points in evaluation. Look, I LOVE him, but you don't take Georgia players to just TAKE them. Be a fan of the Bengals or another team that has a lot of Dawgs if it's that fulfilling for you to keep rooting for them.

Yeah but you won't know unless the Falcons take a shot! Tell me where David Andrews was drafted?? Undrafted Free agent out of UGA has 2 rings with the Pats. He played in the big bad SEC

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TX Falcon said:

Yeah but you won't know unless the Falcons take a shot! Tell me where David Andrews was drafted?? Undrafted Free agent out of UGA has 2 rings with the Pats. He played in the big bad SEC

Seriously, if you're going to be this way, you need to go be a fan of an NFL team that has a lot of Dawgs playing instead of the Falcons. It's not a life and death deal as you're making it out to be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 9:53 PM, VoiceofReason95 said:

Because he'd be even worse of a reach considering he will not hear his name called until the 4th round at a minimum. Just playing in the big bad SEC will not get you brownie points in evaluation. Look, I LOVE him, but you don't take Georgia players to just TAKE them. Be a fan of the Bengals or another team that has a lot of Dawgs if it's that fulfilling for you to keep rooting for them.

Ok but McGary is 6'7" with as I quote "shorter than average arms".  This is an new OT LOL a speed rushers delight! A short armed bad balance OT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2019 at 1:42 PM, Osiruz said:

UGA players are generally terrible with a few exceptions. Cordy Glenn, Girly, Chubb, and Ben Jones. Everyone else coming out in the last 5 years was a terrible bust. 

Last 5 years? Roquan, Gurley, Andrews, Michel. That's off the top of my head, you're just as dumb as Op.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2019 at 0:02 PM, TX Falcon said:

Ok but McGary is 6'7" with as I quote "shorter than average arms".  This is an new OT LOL a speed rushers delight! A short armed bad balance OT.

His balance is nice and arms are longer than the Colts RT they had last year. Wanna cry some more?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Last 5 years? Roquan, Gurley, Andrews, Michel. That's off the top of my head, you're just as dumb as Op.

None are game breaking players. 3 ok backs and 1 decent lber and center. I think you are just butt hurt and have your panties in a bunch. Gimme Julio, Quinnen, or Deron payne over any. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

None are game breaking players. 3 ok backs and 1 decent lber and center. I think you are just butt hurt and have your panties in a bunch. Gimme Julio, Quinnen, or Deron payne over any. 

Lol. Ok man. Michel only would have been the best RB on our team, Roquan would be an amazing Lb here, and Andrews would lock down C for years.

Also you can't bring up Julio, you said 5 years remember? And since you can bring in Quinnen I can mention Baker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yo_Lover said:

Lol. Ok man. Michel only would have been the best RB on our team, Roquan would be an amazing Lb here, and Andrews would lock down C for years.

Also you can't bring up Julio, you said 5 years remember? And since you can bring in Quinnen I can mention Baker.

Baker will be a bust. Michel ain't even better than freeman. He's been ok. But I mean he is a running back, it's one of the least valuable positions on the field and he is a dime a dozen.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 10:35 PM, TX Falcon said:

Lamont Gaillard started 42 games in a row to end his UGA career with the first 13 coming at right guard. The final 29 were at center, where he earned All-SEC honors at the end of his senior season. The potential for growth is there for Gaillard, who just wrapped up his fourth season as an offensive lineman

 

What in the world are the Falcons looking for? Cause they could have looked at home first!

Falcons were interested in Gaillard - and probably a few other players as well.  However, once the Falcons honed in on Chris Lindstrom, then taking Gaillard became an impossibility as once the OG/C and the OT were selected, Gaillard no longer made sense.   Had Falcons selected a DT in 1st round (Oliver/Wilkins) or an EDGE (Burns/Sweat) - then Gaillard is probably in play.  Both Falcons OL coach and Asst OL coach were in Athens.

With Falcons already having James Carpenter and Jamon Brown signed in UFA,  they weren't going to take another interior player unless it was a clear upgrade.  Gaillard might be a few years away - and with his size, he is a "Center Only".

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/25/2019 at 9:58 PM, TX Falcon said:

Falcons ha dtheir pick of UGA players! We had everything they need from offense to defense!! But again they run away from players less then 50 miles fro the Falcon facility!! NO SUPER BOWL AGAIN!

I'm as big a UGA fan (and alum) on TATF as there is - and, to put it bluntly, I don't give a dayum if the Falcons pick UGA players - or riverside that and only take players from our fiercest rivals like Florida, Auburn, Bama and Tennessee - it simply doesn't matter.

Does is seem a little odd that Falcons haven't taken a Georgia player since DJ Shockley?  YES

Does it matter?  NO

Sometimes the need doesn't match up to the Georgia player and then other times the draft just doesn't line up where said UGA player was available at the right time for the right value, etc.

Assuming Falcons get back to the playoffs next year and pick in the 20's or lower (hopefully #32), I am gonna be interested in UGA RB D'Andre Swift.  He is an absolute beast and figures to go in the back half of the 1st round or early 2nd round.  His game is tailor made for the NFL as he has speed, power, ELITE change of direction and is a terrific receiver.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. People getting upset because we didn't pick a UGA player just for the sake of picking a UGA player are being ridiculous.

A player at a position of need that fits or scheme is the only reason I'd want one picked. The only two I would have put that label on this year were Baker and Gaillard.

I'm also on board with the idea of grabbing Swift. I think he'd be an even better fit than Gurley would have been (especially given team needs at the time).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I think for next year while we've been saying yeah this isn't bad that they ignored the Georgia players this year, if it turns out that Devonta is ded us Georgia fans will all be stanning Swift in 2020. For good reason too, if he can stay healthy I truly think that he can be the next Kamara/Gurley/Bell type star with his skill set.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...