Logged On Just To Say

13 minutes ago, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

I wonder why they didnt go after the OT from Florida?  Like someone said above, this was the 'safe' pick I guess.  I am not disappointed, but I just expected the Florida OT once Wilkins was taken by MIA

I read that folks weren't sure if he even liked football.  I think this team takes players that have a passion for the gm or relative who have played.

1 minute ago, red falcon said:

I read that folks weren't sure if he even liked football.  I think this team takes players that have a passion for the gm or relative who have played.

Gotcha.  I can get on board with improving out OL.  An improved OL next season would be HUGE for this team.  If this guy can help us run the ball and setup play action we could get close to the 2016 offense and with Quinn taking over DC and all of the injured players returning you have to expect an improvement there.

Just now, Falcons_Pantera_KoRn said:

Gotcha.  I can get on board with improving out OL.  An improved OL next season would be HUGE for this team.  If this guy can help us run the ball and setup play action we could get close to the 2016 offense and with Quinn taking over DC and all of the injured players returning you have to expect an improvement there.

I was about fixing the line then they paid all those guys so the pick threw me for a loop. I didn't want Wilkins.l, big dex still on the board. I think lol.

I agree, if you can run that opens the door for a lot of things. We could not run last year.

12 minutes ago, red falcon said:

Can you explain why?

It became very evident early in our clusterf&$@ of a season that offensive line was our primary need.  The double doozy was paying off well in Indy with their drafting of a guard and tackle so I figured we should do the same.  Jonah Williams and Chris Lindstrom were my 1st and 2nd picks in many of my rough draft mocks, but it was clear that Lindstrom would rise into first round status because he’s a no-nonsense, lunch pail kind of lineman.  Very light on his feet, packs great playing power, understands leverage and is technically sound.  My eyes just kept going towards Lindstrom.

This was my first year really diving deep into offensive linemen and it was fun...as I type this I see Dillard has risen up draft boards after being rated 5th round early on and he can’t run block worth a lick.  If we didn’t get either Jonah Williams or Lindstrom I felt like Cody Ford should’ve been the pick due to position versatility and pure size.  I wasn’t excited about any of the defensive linemen.  We weren’t going to get Quinnen Williams.

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

It became very evident early in our clusterf&$@ of a season that offensive line was our primary need.  The double doozy was paying off well in Indy with their drafting of a guard and tackle so I figured we should do the same.  Jonah Williams and Chris Lindstrom were my 1st and 2nd picks in many of my rough draft mocks, but it was clear that Lindstrom would rise into first round status because he’s a no-nonsense, lunch pail kind of lineman.  Very light on his feet, packs great playing power, understands leverage and is technically sound.  My eyes just kept going towards Lindstrom.

This was my first year really diving deep into offensive linemen and it was fun...as I type this I see Dillard has risen up draft boards after being rated 5th round early on and he can’t run block worth a lick.  If we didn’t get either Jonah Williams or Lindstrom I felt like Cody Ford should’ve been the pick due to position versatility and pure size.  I wasn’t excited about any of the defensive linemen.  We weren’t going to get Quinnen Williams.

I see. I was just reading he was more of a catcher earlier in the week . Saw his bench was 26 reps. But if hes head and shoulders better than any of the trash guards we had last season im happy. 

Nice to see he is as athletic as anyone he will face. Decent sized guy as well.