SpongeDad

Mel Kiper's Final Mock Draft

34 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, athell said:

I wish I was wrong lol

eh, take your victory lap!!!  I know what the falcons are picking next year....the one area no one has them linked to!!

athell likes this

Just now, Shelley#37 said:

eh, take your victory lap!!!  I know what the falcons are picking next year....the one area no one has them linked to!!

hrmm...surely not QB? :)

What you got for us next year?

22 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

Ty Sambrailo

$3.25M cap hit this year ($5M cap hit if we cut him now, $3M if we cut after 6/1/19)

$5.75M cap hit next year ($2M cap hit if we cut after this season before next season, $1M - after 6/1/20)

This is not what you pay a backup - the Falcons are not going after an OT in the 1st round.

They also paid the new OG's a lot and still have Fusco around (and Schweitzer).  They maybe they could look at Ford as an OG, but his starting time would be next year more likely than this year.  And, Quinn's concerns are about surviving this season not next season.

LOL

21 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

Going to be pretty let down if we grab Ford. This is a weak OL class. Grab another position of need with top tier prospects instead of reaching for a mid-tier one. 

Weak O-Line class? Lets not just take one in the 1st, Lets trade up and draft 2!

Sidecar Falcon likes this

20 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Feels pretty good to think I may know a little more than Mel.... :tiphat:

Check out pick #18 and the comment.  I don't like Kiper much, but he saw Lindstrom as the best OG in the draft.

2 hours ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Weak O-Line class? Lets not just take one in the 1st, Lets trade up and draft 2!

Pretty much. If we were going to load up on mid-tier prospects we could have traded back a few times.