Monoxide

*** OFFICIAL 2019 NFL DRAFT THREAD ***

2,241 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, KRUNKuno said:

Just think...Matt Ryan with time in the pocket!

That's true man. Give Matty enough time in the pocket and I fully believe that he can carve any defense.

KRUNKuno likes this

14. ATLANTA FALCONS: G CHRIS LINDSTROM

When the Falcons paid meaningful money to guards James Carpenter and Jamon Brown in free agency, analysts like yours truly scratched their heads and wondered if this meant the team was moving to more of a north-south inside zone running game, rather than the east-west outside zone game around which they’ve built their offense. Carpenter and Brown, after all, are downhill maulers with limited lateral agility. Lindstrom, on the other hand, is dripping with athleticism. He’s expected to be an excellent outside zone blocker, which suggests the Falcons will indeed remain an outside zone running team. Carpenter, though not suited for that system, at least survived in it for many years as a Seahawk. Brown also played in it as a Ram and could be moved to right tackle, a position he played effectively during the 2017 offseason in L.A. The Falcons, who entered this draft with few needs and a ready-to-win-now roster, upgraded at a critical position.

GRADE: A-

Falcon from E and Drew4719 like this

We pick Lindstrom when Dexter Lawrence is still on the board. Pass on Greedy, Ford, and Taylor (and give up a 3rd) to reach for a guy we could've picked with our 2nd anyway. Meanwhile, Hageman is our answer at DT...

This is beyond frustrating.

2 hours ago, Clark said:

Think it was a joke about Isiah Oliver... 

Yea I caught that later. I keep forgetting we have an “Oliver” on the team. Lol. 

Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College

I like the pick. When Matt Ryan is not protected from the interior, he has real problems. They got a guy that's going to be a fixture on the interior there for a long time. I think Lindstrom is a feisty guy. Good solid pick by the Falcons. Grade: B

FL Falcon likes this

I had a feeling this would be a “wtf” pick.  A guard?!?  Their scouts are way smarter than I am but what the ****.  So weird.

7 minutes ago, KRUNKuno said:

Just think...Matt Ryan with time in the pocket!

Doesn't matter, he's still gonna throw interceptions. We needed DEFENSE.

Dude looks doughy like Konz.  I hope TD bucks the the trend of not knowing how to draft an o-lineman.

Just now, LawDawg said:

Doesn't matter, he's still gonna throw interceptions. We needed DEFENSE.

We’ve drafted defense heavily since Dan Quinn got here.

Are you saying that you don’t trust the defensive players that Quinn has already drafted and will now be calling the plays for?

or

Would you like to continue to see Matt Ryan on his back?

Posted (edited)

I like the guys we picked. I just hate the price tag in draft capital.

I thought we could have gotten the #14 at #20 and the #31 at #45 and not lost the other picks. I could live with the first one, but the second one on top of it just pushed me over the edge.

I just hope there is serious accountability if this doesn't turn out well, because there **** well should be. 

Edited by TheUsualStuff

Given his background, I'm worried McGary will get a paper cut signing his contract and develop hemophilia.

He sounds like Def Leppard as an OT. Like, there's a movie called The Cooler about the unluckiest guy on the planet, and that dude's life isn't as bad as McGary's has been.

I def wanted am offensive lineman but jeez, I thought it would be Taylor, Ford or that guy that was jumping up the draft boards(forgot his name; they say he’s the best pass pro in the draft).  Someone talk me off the ledge....

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

Given his background, I'm worried McGary will get a paper cut signing his contract and develop hemophilia.

He sounds like Def Leppard as an OT. Like, there's a movie called The Cooler about the unluckiest guy on the planet, and that dude's life isn't as bad as McGary's has been.

I believe this kid started every game ever since his freshman year or something close to that. So he is durable but he does have some kind of condition I read. 

Just now, FalconBlood23 said:

I believe this kid started every game ever since his freshman year or something close to that. So he is durable but he does have some kind of condition I read. 

Yeah, I'm not just talking about the heart thing. His family apparently lost their house, had to live in an RV, had the RV catch fire, the kid got dumped, and then his dog died. I'd say he's a country music song, but all that would stretch the plausibility of a song.

Just now, jidady said:

Yeah, I'm not just talking about the heart thing. His family apparently lost their house, had to live in an RV, had the RV catch fire, the kid got dumped, and then his dog died. I'd say he's a country music song, but all that would stretch the plausibility of a song.

oh you serious? I didnt know all that ****. Lol at least we can say he has dealt with adversity! 

This team has drafted heavily on the defensive side the last few years. It's time to see some of this potential pan out.  They need to step up.

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Could they have found a better pick for him? Like one that doesn't make him look like a chipmunk?

We clearly didn't draft either of these guys for their looks. The BC kid reminds me of Chris Farley.

Sportsman2593 likes this

7 minutes ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I like the guys we picked. I just hate the price tag in draft capital.

I thought we could have gotten the #14 at #20 and the #31 at #45 and not lost the other picks. I could live with the first one, but the second one on top of it just pushed me over the edge.

I just hope there is serious accountability if this doesn't turn out well, because there **** well should be. 

I trust they knew these guys were going to come off the board. You need a partner to trade back and no one was trying to trade up into the teens. 

As for McGary, after Howard went early they knew they had to move up. Most likely New England was looking at him at 32.

If they can hit here as much as they have the last few years on defense, then we'll be in great shape.