Monoxide

*** OFFICIAL 2019 NFL DRAFT THREAD ***

2,241 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Gave up 2nd and 3rd, what the.....

Naturally you move from pick 45...for the cost of your pick 79?

The good news is we have 2 4ths and 2 5ths.

But...the OL has to be stellar this year or we will be crucified.

Basically, Falcons are banking on FIX THE OL!!! Like we screamed entering the offseason.

And? We're investing 5 year contracts for the OL so we can use money for Defense.

Offense is gonna carry us while DQ coaches the D.

Better hope Riley becomes Derrick Brooks and Beasley turns into Lawrence Taylor overnight because....

1 minute ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

All I can say is they better hope guys like Beasley will have a season like 2016 because mannnnn.....

It's a lot easier to rush the passer when you get a lead early. Sounds familiar to 2016 right?

CrimsonFalcon likes this

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

We needed to trade up for that?

Basically saying they're satisfied with the D.

Fortunately our biggest issue on defense last year was injuries. We won't be at the top of the league, but a good running game is going to help the defense.

It's odd, but not the end of the world 

fuego, Marco102 and Falcon from E like this

2 minutes ago, CADirtyBird said:

Sam Baker all over.....

Pre-Draft Analysis

McGary is a tall, well-built right tackle prospect with short arms, especially for his height. He is a very good run-blocker who gets into position and moves defenders off the ball when he keeps his pads down. He has a quick set and a lot of shock in his hands, but he lunges at times, and his arm length is a concern.

Sam Baker was fine. It was his back that couldn't hold up. 

1 minute ago, IA Falcon07 said:

It's a lot easier to rush the passer when you get a lead early. Sounds familiar to 2016 right?

Except we let teams come back on us in the 4th quarter in 2016. Our Defense was ranked in the 20's that year if I'm not mistaken and it showed in the SB.

Finally investing in this OL! People might not like having to sit through a lunch pail draft, but I guarantee you, when you see Matt with actual time to throw? You’ll be thankful we passed on the shiny objects tonight and did the dirty work.

I love fixing problems. We’ve gone most of the way to fixing a glaring, years long problem with these picks. 

Good night, all!

2 minutes ago, fuego said:

I think it's more about for who we picked. 

Yeah, people were expecting defense.

Nope. We're fixing the dang OL.

DQ is banking on himself, Davison/Senat at 1T and most importantly Takk and VB. They'll be better but depending on what we do with our 4ths and 5ths to get anything on D.

Definitely surprising how dedicated the FO was tonight on the OL.

LOL Cody Ford and Taylor not 1st rounders.

Then, NE ends round 1 this way lol.

Ugh I really wish we hadn't traded up. No issues with the pick. If these players pan out then our O line will be set for years to come. But man. A second and a third seems steep to me.

1 minute ago, hjerry said:

Sooo, Lindstrom at 14 who projected late first, and then our entire 2nd day for McGary who was projected early 2nd

Um, OK, um, yeah, gonna need some time to process 

Don't care about projections, but that does mean no pick higher than 4th round on defense.

I really don't think McGary is an NFL calibur tackle but they don't pay me to make those decisions so we'll see

3 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Sooo, Lindstrom at 14 who projected late first, and then our entire 2nd day for McGary who was projected early 2nd

before 45 early? or we could have stayed early? or you dont know? 

Just now, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Except we let teams come back on us in the 4th quarter in 2016. Our Defense was ranked in the 20's that year if I'm not mistaken and it showed in the SB.

Eh, a single defender at 31 probably doesn't change anything.

A CB or DL in round 3 we are currently giving up wouldn't change the state of the D after 7 DL went before our first pick.

Rhodaric and Marco102 like this

2 minutes ago, hjerry said:

We give up a 3rd to move up 15 spots to make sure we get the guy we wanted. If we would have lost those last two meaningless games we would have been in the Top 8 picks and wouldn't have had to trade maybe. We only lose the 3rd we just exchanged the 2nd for the 1st round pick. I was hoping we could get Baker, now we can just draft depth. 

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

Don't care about projections, but that does mean no pick higher than 4th round on defense.

Unless we trade up. :):tiphat::lol: