Shelley#37

Smoke season

55 posts in this topic

Yeah but that podcast was a week ago when we all still thought he could be had at #8.

Oliver is now a solid Top 5-6 pick and could go as high as #3 overall.

I bet Pauline might feel differently or have different intel now.

mountain_jim3 and Shelley#37 like this

Its hard to predict what The Falcons are going to do. Honestly If they do trade up I hope its to 8 but there is a good chance to get who they want at 14. I cant see them trading up all the way to 3 to draft Oliver. The year we drafted Neal, We didnt hear any interest in him until draft day. Last year I definitely didnt see them taking Ridley (but Im glad they did) Whatever TD and the gang are planning tomorrow, Im sure we are going to be shocked. 

Its a weird strategy to be openly thirsty for one player you'd have to sell the farm to aquire.

I hope Dimi and Pioli are more clever and have something else planned.

rounz likes this

There is no smoke without fire and this fire has been burning for months.

Oliver and DQ are a match made in heaven. I think it comes down to how much we're willing to give up to go get him. The comment from TD that they already know who they are taking makes me think they are willing to go to 3.

3 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

Oliver and DQ are a match made in heaven. I think it comes down to how much we're willing to give up to go get him. The comment from TD that they already know who they are taking makes me think they are willing to go to 3.

If we’re going all the way to 3 I hope it’s for Quinnen, but Oliver would be a solid plan B for me.  The only odd piece to all of this all the recent DT signings.

Tim Mazetti and m2Falcons like this

1 minute ago, Farmer2 said:

If we’re going all the way to 3 I hope it’s for Quinnen, but Oliver would be a solid plan B for me.  The only odd piece to all of this all the recent DT signings.

I don't like the value needed to get up to 3 but I'm fully on board with Oliver. Quinnen, Bosa and Josh Allen are all great prospects but we've not shown interest in any of them so far. I think it's for Oliver. I think it's always been Oliver tbh.

Shelley#37, g-dawg and Cole World like this

1 minute ago, Farmer2 said:

Every DT we've signed has a chance of not being on the roster for game one and with Senat the only guarantee to be here in two years we need some more young talent on DL

Tim Mazetti likes this

7 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

If they move up to 3 with Quinnen or Bosa still on the board and they choose Oliver, I will be waiting to hear the reasoning behind the pick although I know it wont be 100% truth

Geneaut, g-dawg, Malachore and 6 others like this

14 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Its a weird strategy to be openly thirsty for one player you'd have to sell the farm to aquire.

I hope Dimi and Pioli are more clever and have something else planned.

i think its teams leaking the info out.. This is what happen with the Julio trade... The bengals leaked the info out that we was attempting to trade up to get A.J Green or Julio... Trying to get more out the deal.... We went with the Browns trade and thats history.

We are either going to do the trade for not.... Its not a big deal tho that its out..... The Falcons will offer the teams what they will offer them..... I do know teams are trying to legit trade back.

We will see

Cole World and g-dawg like this

Putting it on record.

The only reason the Jets/Raiders are so enamored with Oliver at this point is to raise the price for the trade up for either Buffalo or Falcons.

Falcons aren't going to take the bait. They're going to basically dare the Raiders/Jets to take Oliver.

Here's exactly what's going to happen. The Jets have an out because they'll just take Quinnen. The Raiders are so headstrong and prideful that they are going to double down on this sudden love for Oliver and draft him anyway even though he isn't at the top of their draft board for who is available.

Raiders draft Oliver. Who the Raiders SHOULD be drafting is Josh Allen.

If Gruden's pride doesn't get the best of him, then we will see Josh Allen picked there making it possible for Oliver to drop down to #8

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

44 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Hate it now potentially love it later. That's just how it goes with the draft

I don’t want him here. At all.

do not believe he is, or will be, what many want to believe he can be.  (Think “another Beasley, but with even fewer character pluses.”

HARD PASS

Just now, ya_boi_j said:

If they move up to 3 with Quinnen or Bosa still on the board and they choose Oliver, I will be waiting to hear the reasoning behind the pick although I know it wont be 100% truth

I'm sure you'll get it. TD will be harassed by reporters following a trade up like that.

I don't think it's a stretch for teams to have Oliver higher on their boards than Quinnen Williams. Nick Bosa would be my choice if he's there at 3, but then again I'm not overly keen on trading up that high for anyone.

I'm just trying to piece it all together... TD already knows who we are taking... Rumours for months now of our infatuation with Oliver... Lions and Jets openly shopping their 1st round picks. The only way you can guarantee Oliver is there is by trading to #3 imo.

The alternative is this is the biggest, most elaborate smokescreen in the history of smoke.

What do we 'know'?

Falcons 'like' Oliver

rumor:  trade is on the books with Detroit

Jets want to trade back and see this and think they can get an unbalanced deal out of the Falcons by saying they love Oliver even with Q.Williams available (?)

Raiders see this and start the same game cause they want to move back (?) when they actually need Josh Allen

I think there is a big game of chicken going on right now

I think that when Dimi had his big revelation on who he was going to draft, it was, 'do I trade up to 8 and get Oliver' or 'do I take Lawrence that high in the draft' and he came to his decision on one of these scenarios

If we trade up for Oliver or Quinnen and sell the farm, is their an NFL vet at Cornerback that we can sign after the draft that is capable of starting on the boundary should Isaiah Oliver not be able to handle it or we have an injury.

7 minutes ago, Shelley#37 said:

What do we 'know'?

Falcons 'like' Oliver

rumor:  trade is on the books with Detroit

Jets want to trade back and see this and think they can get an unbalanced deal out of the Falcons by saying they love Oliver even with Q.Williams available (?)

Raiders see this and start the same game cause they want to move back (?) when they actually need Josh Allen

I think there is a big game of chicken going on right now

I think that when Dimi had his big revelation on who he was going to draft, it was, 'do I trade up to 8 and get Oliver' or 'do I take Lawrence that high in the draft' and he came to his decision on one of these scenarios

I see it with the Jets but not the Raiders.   The Raiders already have enough first round picks to choke a goat.

Looking at all these depth signings, I honestly believe that the Falcons are working on a trade up.

For who, I don't know but they could definitely want one of the top 3 or 4 defensive prospects.

m2Falcons likes this

45 minutes ago, Shelley#37 said:

Every DT we've signed has a chance of not being on the roster for game one and with Senat the only guarantee to be here in two years we need some more young talent on DL

I totally agree, don’t let good players prevent you from taking great players.  I just think it would be off if you knew you were taking a premier DT to sign two prior to the draft.