Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSalmon

Who’s your pick at #14 FOR THE RECORD and bragging rights

4 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Oh hey so the board was wrong and we did visit with him, cool. Just goes even further that we won't get Greedy.

Prepare to be surprised come tommorow, DQ loves his LSU dbs as he should. I think he is a strong possibility if Cody Ford, Jonah Williams, and Jawaan are gone.

TD will trade up - he loves to and never trades down and knows he needs a starter.  The CB and OT values are dropping and will be available for 2nd round or later.  So, the question is whether he will go up to get Wilkins, Oliver or even Quinnen?

Assuming Murray goes #1 as it appears he will, Bosa will go #2 and it will all come down to what the Jets do/ask.  They want bodies and lots of picks and we have the picks, so if they are stupid enough, we can sucker them into giving us #3 for #14 and maybe a 3rd and a 2020 pick.  Then, we have Quinnen as our selection.

If that does not happen, both Quinnen and Oliver will probably be gone by #8 (Lions-next real trade possibility) and we might stand pat and hope for Wilkins at #14, but knowing TD he will try to jump ahead to #8 anyway to make sure we still get Wilkins.

This is still like guessing lottery #'s, but at the moment, I am leaning toward Quinnen but will probably change my mind and say Wilkins tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

TD will trade up - he loves to and never trades down and knows he needs a starter.  The CB and OT values are dropping and will be available for 2nd round or later.  So, the question is whether he will go up to get Wilkins, Oliver or even Quinnen?

Assuming Murray goes #1 as it appears he will, Bosa will go #2 and it will all come down to what the Jets do/ask.  They want bodies and lots of picks and we have the picks, so if they are stupid enough, we can sucker them into giving us #3 for #14 and maybe a 3rd and a 2020 pick.  Then, we have Quinnen as our selection.

If that does not happen, both Quinnen and Oliver will probably be gone by #8 (Lions-next real trade possibility) and we might stand pat and hope for Wilkins at #14, but knowing TD he will try to jump ahead to #8 anyway to make sure we still get Wilkins.

This is still like guessing lottery #'s, but at the moment, I am leaning toward Quinnen but will probably change my mind and say Wilkins tomorrow.

If we get Quinnen for a 3rd and a 2020 (as long as its not first round), I'm done!!!!

I hope it's Ferrell. Very good pass rusher and that dude sets the edge better than any other 4-3 end in the draft. To me he would be the best pick.

16 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Almost every year 3-4 QB’s go in the top-10, and 5 or 6 guys the “experts” insisted would go in the top-10 drop outside it.

Not only will Wilkins absolutely still be there at 14, but Ed Oliver could very easily be there.

Nobody should be surprised when Murray, Haskins, Lock, and Jones all go top-10.

1 hour ago, Beef said:

Almost every year 3-4 QB’s go in the top-10, and 5 or 6 guys the “experts” insisted would go in the top-10 drop outside it.

Not only will Wilkins absolutely still be there at 14, but Ed Oliver could very easily be there.

Arizona - assuming they take Murray, they could send Rosen to one of these QB-interested teams

San Francisco - Garroppolo

NYJets - D'arnold

Oakland - plenty of 1st rounders, so they could draft a Carr replacement much later than #4

Tampa - Winston isn't going anywhere

NYGiants - maybe, but Eli has another year?

Jacksonville - just got Foles

Detroit - Stafford is top-paid

Buffalo - Allen

Denver - maybe 

Cincinnati - maybe but a reach especially if others took Haskins/Lock already taken

Green Bay - Rodgers

Miami - maybe but a reach if others drafted a QB

I hope you are right but cannot see more than 2 QB's going early as really no team is desperate for one.  If anything, I could see them trading down and still getting a QB late in the 1st round.

6 minutes ago, jlrfalcon said:

Arizona - assuming they take Murray, they could send Rosen to one of these QB-interested teams

San Francisco - Garroppolo

NYJets - D'arnold

Oakland - plenty of 1st rounders, so they could draft a Carr replacement much later than #4

Tampa - Winston isn't going anywhere

NYGiants - maybe, but Eli has another year?

Jacksonville - just got Foles

Detroit - Stafford is top-paid

Buffalo - Allen

Denver - maybe 

Cincinnati - maybe but a reach especially if others took Haskins/Lock already taken

Green Bay - Rodgers

Miami - maybe but a reach if others drafted a QB

I hope you are right but cannot see more than 2 QB's going early as really no team is desperate for one.  If anything, I could see them trading down and still getting a QB late in the 1st round.

You know one or two teams will trade up to get a QB. I seriously doubt Lock and Jones make it past us.

9 hours ago, yungfalc92 said:

Trade up to 3 - Quinnen Williams 

Trade up to 8 - Ed Oliver or Devin White

Stay put at 14 - Cody Ford or Andre Dillard or Christian Wilkins 

Trade down in the 1st - Dexter Lawerence or Garrett Bradbury (maybe even a corner here)

I agree with this post for those players in those scenarios.

We may go up as high as 6 for Oliver or QW if either fall though.

A couple nitpicks is I don't see us taking Bradburry and if we want Dex we probably have to take him at 14 unless we don't NEED just a single particular guy at 14; including Dex that is remaining?

Trade down and take Sweat. :tiphat:

Trade back into round 1 or upper round 2 after that. :shrug: :)

4 hours ago, octoslash said:

Okay I'll play along. I predict they're going to make a big deal. I have no clue what that deal might be, but my guess is we're not picking at 14.

I also agree with you! I think the Falcons have filled roster holes with FA signings so that they can trade up. If a deal can be made to trade up, I think they will go for someone that they think is a generational player, like they did with Julio, in Quinnen Williams!

or maybe I just reading way more into things because really want them to...lol

2 hours ago, Beef said:

i hope you're right!