Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSalmon

Who’s your pick at #14 FOR THE RECORD and bragging rights

I have a felt like it will be Dexter Lawrence if available since seeing the Vic Beasley/Lawrence back to campus video.  There is something about the way Swinney ask them if they are trying to be teammates again.

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

We haven't even met with Greedy. 

We probably have and it didn't go reported. We weren't rumored to have met with Calvin Ridley last year either.  

Just now, Osiruz said:

We probably have and it didn't go reported. We weren't rumored to have met with Calvin Ridley last year either.  

That's because we didn't meet with him, we just asked Sark about him.

And it's already been reported Greedy had no workouts or visits with teams. He did have a meeting with the Vikings and the Steelers tho.

1 hour ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

How do you account for Greedy's lack of CT that DQ/TD covet in a player or the idea of getting more mean/nasty/tough this offseason?

It can be overlooked. His CT score is alright, and he doesn't need to be Keanu Neal at CB. We will take 2 CBs for sure, its just a matter of "when?" I could also see us take Rock yassin, Isaiah Johnson, and a day 3 NB. 

3 hours ago, ATLFalcons11 said:

Yep we signed 2 Guards and Ty all to 3 year deals. 

We signed all DL to 1 year contracts from Beasley to Clayborn to Davison to Hageman.

We didn't sign any outside corners.

It's right there in our faces.

Bragging Rights: First pick will be DL, trade back up into the first for a CB. My picks:

Dexter Lawrence at 14

Bonus Pick: Trade back up for Deandre Baker

2 for 1 special @MSalmon

And I look up and just so happen to be post #45. Prognostication! We're gonna have a fun time tomorrow! Lol!

I could live with this, I really like having a 5th year option on two players.

2 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

That's because we didn't meet with him, we just asked Sark about him.

And it's already been reported Greedy had no workouts or visits with teams. He did have a meeting with the Vikings and the Steelers tho.

lol yeah ok, that is not how the draft works.

"Hey sark wanna draft ridley?"

"Yeah sure Danny boy why not?"

3 hours ago, dyrtysouth2000 said:

GOSH, I love hearing you guys debate (and sometimes argue).  It's even better that you back up your opinions with stats and common sense.  Best Board Ever!!!

But I digress.....

For the Record, I think the Falcons will pick Deandre Baker in the First Round.

Goodness.....I wanted to like you for the first statement....then you picked Baker.....now I can not like.....lol

4 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

lol yeah ok, that is not how the draft works.

"Hey sark wanna draft ridley?"

"Yeah sure Danny boy why not?"

It was posted all over the board how we didn't visit with him but instead asked Sark about him. What's he like, work ethic, etc.

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

i think we trade down with pittsburgh who take devin bush at 14, we get picks 20 and their early 3rd round pick 65. we take dexter lawrence at 20 and julian love cb notre dame with pick 63. we go ot with pick 45. and edge rusher with our 3rd rounder.

20. dexter lawrence dt clemson

45. tytus howard ot alabama state

63 julian love cb notre dame

79. chase winovich de michigan

117 isiah johnson cb/s hou

137 lamont gaillard c georgia

152 maxx crosby edge eastern michigan

172 josiah tauaefa lb utsa

186. alex barnes rb kansas state

230. jack fox p rice

8 minutes ago, BuckheadFan said:

My prediction is Montez Sweat.  Then we trade up to get Dexter Lawrence at the end of 1st, top 2nd.

Please make this happen T.D.!!!! I want opposing quarterbacks (brees, scam, and Winston mainly) running for their life and trying not to die against our defense. 

13 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

i think we trade down with pittsburgh who take devin bush at 14, we get picks 20 and their early 3rd round pick 65. we take dexter lawrence at 20 and julian love cb notre dame with pick 63. we go ot with pick 45. and edge rusher with our 3rd rounder.

230. jack fox p rice

Post mock somewhere else please. 

22 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

It was posted all over the board how we didn't visit with him but instead asked Sark about him. What's he like, work ethic, etc.

Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

No it wasnt, we visited him at his pro day...we didn't just take the coach's word for it that he will be good:

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/video/quinn-dimitroff-discuss-pick-of-ridley-20591898

32 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

230. jack fox p rice

We are not picking 10 players in this draft. There’s only maybe 4-5 spots open for the 53, and that’s if we cut a couple guys we signed in FA.

Don’t be surprised if we end up with only 4-5 total draft selections when this one is over.