Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MSalmon

Who’s your pick at #14 FOR THE RECORD and bragging rights

I think they want Wilkins but I think he’ll be gone.  Big Dexter is my choice & I’d be very pleased.  

I like both guys a lot, but due to his size & incredible length/strength & movement skills, Lawrence is my favorite.

• Enormous frame with intimidating combination of size and power
  • Healthier and much quicker in 2018
  • Impressive athletic ability for his size
  • Footwork allows disruptive power to travel down the down the line
  • Agility to defeat or recover quickly from cut blocks
  • Possesses booming upper-body power
  • Disengages from single blocks whenever he wants to
  • Able to thwart seal blocks and mangle down blocks that miss the target
  • Has potential to eat double teams and let his linebackers roam free
  • Ball carriers are finished once he gets his hands on them
  • Punishing bull-rusher with leg drive to constrict pocket space

1) Trade up to 5 or 6 for Oliver/Williams

2) Trade up to 7 or 8 for Taylor/Dillard

3) Stay at 14 for Wilkins/Ford

4) Trade down for Lawrence

I see one of these:

Trade up to 8 - Ed Oliver

Stay put at 14 - Christian Wilkins, Jonah Williams, or Cody Ford

Trade down in the 1st - Dexter Lawerence, Clelen Ferrell

But if I HAVE to pick just one that I think it will be, I'm going with Wilkins.  

GOSH, I love hearing you guys debate (and sometimes argue).  It's even better that you back up your opinions with stats and common sense.  Best Board Ever!!!

But I digress.....

For the Record, I think the Falcons will pick Deandre Baker in the First Round.

14 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Cody Ford or Dexter Lawrence. Got a suspicion we want Lindstrom, but I'd HATE the pick at 14.

Lindstrom to Falcons at 14 could be a real possibility. Personally, I think he’s best at G. 

26 minutes ago, dyrtysouth2000 said:

GOSH, I love hearing you guys debate (and sometimes argue).  It's even better that you back up your opinions with stats and common sense.  Best Board Ever!!!

But I digress.....

For the Record, I think the Falcons will pick Deandre Baker in the First Round.

Nice! And could happen

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

He’s exuberant lol!

Could be. I’m honestly not sure who were picking this year. Didn’t you say that you liked Lindstrom? He’s probably a mid first rounder at this point 

With all the offseason moves at OG, I’d be pizzed if we drafted another one at 14....

RT, for sure. But OG? I’d put a hit out on TD if that were to happen, MS! :ninja:

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

With all the offseason moves at OG, I’d be pizzed if we drafted another one at 14....

RT, for sure. But OG? I’d put a hit out on TD if that were to happens! :ninja:

Me too. Lindstrom did play RT but I like him at G. @g-dawg sees him as being a good RT. G, want to elaborate?

Just now, MSalmon said:

Me too. Lindstrom did play RT but I like him at G. @g-dawg sees him as being a good RT. G, want to elaborate?

I surmised that PERHAPS the Falcons see him as a RT.  He played the position and has 34”+ arms which are prototype for OT position.  Also has experience there.  I think you draft him as a guard and then test him as a tackle first.

Just now, g-dawg said:

I surmised that PERHAPS the Falcons see him as a RT.  He played the position and has 34”+ arms which are prototype for OT position.  Also has experience there.  I think you draft him as a guard and then test him as a tackle first.

Lindstrom played RT in his Junior Year.  Scouts are viewing him as a swiss army knife all up and down the line.  He's got the versatility that the Falcons love.

Just now, g-dawg said:

Appreciate the response. Makes sense in that context. I think Brown (one we signed) played RT at one tone as well. We pretty much have to replace two Gs anyway, so drafting a kid you see as an all pro OG isn’t bad at all

6 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

This is the prime reason why I have not been pounding the table for a RT in this draft. Guys who in truth are projected OG’s (Ford/Williams/Lindstrom/Risner) hoping them to play RT....you don’t do a ‘hope he can’ pick at 14, IMO. 

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

This is the prime reason why I have not been pounding the table for a RT in this draft. Guys who in truth are projected OG’s (Ford/Williams/Lindstrom/Risner) hoping them to play RT....you don’t do a ‘hope he can’ pick at 14, IMO. 

If we drafted Lindstrom at #14 IMO he’s a G day one and the last G position goes to Carpenter. Then the RT position is a competition between Ty and Brown. The loser becomes a Swing OG/OT.

i would not be displeased if this scenario occurred.

3 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

If we drafted Lindstrom at #14 IMO he’s a G day one and the last G position goes to Carpenter. Then the RT position is a competition between Ty and Brown. The loser becomes a Swing OG/OT.

i would not be displeased if this scenario occurred.

Over a Wilkins? 

I would trade down if that was the route I was willing to take...

if you recall, I was one of the first ones in here who liked Lindstrom as a late 1st, early 2nd rounder for us. But never at 14, and now we have that position pretty must plugged up. 

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Over a Wilkins? 

I would trade down if that was the route I was willing to take...

I’m not as sold on these DTs as you are—I don’t dislike them by any means, I just think a DT touted as a first rounder will drop. Plus, I don’t think Senat is done yet. 

Solidifying the OL is a bigger need and priority in my mind unless there is an edge we just love. Edges are always high value 

I feel its going to be Jawaan Taylor, but I dont think it's going to be us at that spot, my prediction is that we will either move up to get Williams, or we will move down to get Lawrence, I don't see us staying at 14.

58 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

I feel its going to be Jawaan Taylor, but I dont think it's going to be us at that spot, my prediction is that we will either move up to get Williams, or we will move down to get Lawrence, I don't see us staying at 14.

I would be fine with Taylor or Dillard.