MSalmon

Who’s your pick at #14 FOR THE RECORD and bragging rights

201 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been on record that I'd be fine with a number of guys at 14 but right now, the guys I think who can be what DQ wants is (each in a different way):

5b10f7a7-97fc-4a1b-b5c7-feb38374c006-BC_

I'm leaning towards Lawrence as a better fit for what I know DQ was getting with Poe in 2017 (and wanted more from McClain last year).  Lawrence (I think) will give pass rush that Poe did not often.  Wilkins would be even better at pass rushing but we'd need to scheme better against teams that like to bully and run it down our throats (there aren't that many that can fortunately).   I've also said I'd be down for Cody Ford or J Williams also.

Edited by Monolith2001

3 minutes ago, Smiler11 said:

I think we trade up and take Ed Oliver

What’s your predicted trade package?

5 minutes ago, Monolith2001 said:

I've been on record that I'd be fine with a number of guys at 14 but right now, the guys I think who can be what DQ wants is (each in a different way):

I'm leaning towards Lawrence as a better fit for what I know DQ was getting with Poe in 2017 (and wanted more from McClain last year).  Lawrence (I think) will give pass rush that Poe did not often.  Wilkins would be even better at pass rushing but we'd need to scheme better against teams that like to bully and run it down our throats (there aren't that many that can fortunately).   I've also said I'd be down for Cody Ford or J Williams also.

4 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Dexter Lawrence 

Both of y’all could absolutely be right, but I keep thinking Lawrence falls out of first round. If that happened do you see falcons trading up in second to grab him?

oztin likes this

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Hard one because you don’t know how the boards going to fall.

Clemson that’s all I’m saying.

Ha ha I love it....hedging your bets between Wilkins and Lawrence.

i honestly don’t think we go DT in first. I’m thinking RT or Edge, or possibly secondary. I’m basing this on signings, need and BPA in first round . There is plenty of good DTs in this draft. The positions that I listed decline quite a but talent wise after the first round.

Just now, MSalmon said:

Ha ha I love it....hedging your bets between Wilkins and Lawrence.

i honestly don’t think we go DT in first. I’m thinking RT or Edge, or possibly secondary. I’m basing this on signings, need and BPA in first round . There is plenty of good DTs in this draft. The positions that I listed decline quite a but talent wise after the first round.

Clelin Ferrell.

Just now, kiwifalcon said:

Clelin Ferrell.

I could actually see that. He’s got the size, run plugging and pass rush ability to see lots of reps day one. We linked to him at all?

5 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

I could actually see that. He’s got the size, run plugging and pass rush ability to see lots of reps day one. We linked to him at all?

Nah man no way I’d be spewing if we took him at 14.

I’d only go Edge is we were going for an Allen Or Bosa.

RT in the first round nah don’t see it I think the Oline class just isn’t very good.I think the FO and coaches have shown there hand on that front.I see a developmental guy on that front.

Gotta be IDL in my eyes.

DB possibly,but again I’m not feeling a boundary corner early I think we have enough in the nickel.We got safeties coming out our ears so yeah nah.

Its defense regardless with DQ the HC on that side of the ball you best believe he wants his toys too.Our offense is loaded.

Trade up for Ed Oliver. And they select Isaiah Johnson later in the draft. 2 Houston players. Another weird fact about this....if you take the CB's first name( Isaiah) and his DL teammates last name (Oliver).....you get Isaiah Oliver, the new starting Falcons corner.

falconsd56, Smiler11 and PokerSteve like this

Trade up to 3 - Quinnen Williams 

Trade up to 8 - Ed Oliver or Devin White

Stay put at 14 - Cody Ford or Andre Dillard or Christian Wilkins 

Trade down in the 1st - Dexter Lawerence or Garrett Bradbury (maybe even a corner here)

51 minutes ago, MSalmon said:

What’s your predicted trade package?

Ideally Detroit at #8, but I think they'd be willing to go as high as 6 or 7.

MSalmon likes this

1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

I'm hoping for Dexter Lawrence but would not be mad if we got Wilkins instead. One thing I would like to know about how big Dexter Lawrence is Wilkins is in the foreground of this picture by at least 2 3 ft and Dexter Lawrence is still as big as Wilkins is

PokerSteve and Monolith2001 like this

Posted (edited)

My sources tell me Chris Lindstrom has always been the target (And my sources are my brain and balls). They just take their guy @ #14 or trade down to a safe position to get him, but either way, Lindstrom is a Falcon on Day 1.

Edited by Maltese Falcon