• 6. NYG - Devin White, LB, LSU
  • 7. JAX - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
  • 8. DET - Brian Burns, DE/OLB, Florida State
  • 9. BUF - Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
  • 10. DEN - TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa
  • 11. CIN - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
  • 12. GB - Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan
  • 13. MIA - Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

**Just like in my original draft, the Giants passed on a QB at 6 and call the Falcons to leap over the Redskins to get the same player they likely considered at pick 6 for a long while.**

Giants Receive:

• -Round 1, Pick 14

Falcons Receive:

• -Round 1, Pick 17
  • -Round 3, Pick 95
  • -2020 5th Round Pick

• 14. NYG - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
  • 15. WAS - Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
  • 16. CAR - Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

• Round 1, Pick 17 - Cody Ford, OT/OG, Oklahoma
  • Height: 6’3”  Weight: 329 lbs.
    • Though it might be discouraging to see another talented edge rusher being added to the division right ahead of where you pick, this is the reason why this pick is being made. At this point we’ve added a slew of Guards but still have a need at Right Tackle in the wake of releasing Ryan Schraeder. Enter: Cody Ford. Ford has been an absolute monster at Tackle while protecting both Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray and can play every spot on the line besides Center, making him an invaluable addition to an offensive line tasked with keeping Matt Ryan upright.
    • Other Options: Clelin Ferrell, Byron Murphy, Andre Dillard

Falcons Receive:

• -Round 2, Pick 41

Broncos Receive:

• -Round 2, Pick 45
  • -Round 4, Pick 135

• Round 2, Pick 41 - Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
  • Height: 6’4” Weight: 342 lbs.
    • It’s amazing how far a player can fall down draft boards, but a failed drug test can do that to you. While I don’t think it’s fair or even likely that Lawrence will fall to the second round, I’ve seen him falling to Day 2 and wanted to include that tidbit in this mock. Lawrence missed the last two games of his college career after testing positive for osterine, but during combine interviews he steadily claimed innocence on the matter. Nevertheless, the same player I took in the first round of my last mock is now the target of my trade up in the 2nd as the Falcons send their 4th round compensatory selection to the Broncos to leap over teams like Green Bay, Cincinnati, and Buffalo who could all look to add some size to their d-line in the form of DLaw.
    • Other Options: DeAndre Baker, Julian Love

• Round 3, Pick 79 - Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida
  • Height: 6’1” Weight: 230 lbs.
    • The Falcons have had some recent experiments at the LB position with players like Duke Riley and Foye Oluokun fighting to define their roles among the starting ranks. Joseph is an athletic but inconsistent player that would have benefited from returning to college for another year. While his tape is ugly at times, Atlanta is a team that could afford to ‘redshirt’ him with mostly special teams duties as he continues to add weight and becomes the backup behind either Campbell or Jones. I think having Ishmael back would really help Joseph, giving him a highly-competitive and versatile role model to learn from.

• Round 3, Pick 95 - Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
  • Height: 6’2” Weight: 203 lbs.
    • Johnson I think is one of those picks that you don’t appreciate at first, but that will make you proud of your front office after a couple of years. A track athlete and three-star recruit at the WR position coming out of high school, Johnson switched to Corner after two years in college. While he’s still got some technique issues that need to be worked on, Johnson has the speed, arm length, and ball skills to become a top press corner in the league if given the proper coaching and time to develop. The trio of Trufant, Oliver, and Kazee will likely take the majority of snaps for the Falcons in 2019 but there’s always room for Johnson to take away some snaps with assignments against bigger receivers who he matches up well with.

• Round 4, Pick 117 - Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn
  • Height: 6’2” Weight: 218 lbs.
    • Stidham has recently caught a bad rep for the offense that Auburn trotted out in 2018 which was substantially worse than the 2017 version where Stidham shined. Put the Alabama tape on and you will see a mechanically-sound, efficiently mobile, smart QB capable of making quick decisions and accurate throws on every level. Stidham’s biggest knock is that he tends to melt when defensive pressure gets home (sound familiar?) but he has all the tools with the proper arm strength, accuracy, footwork, and anticipation to become the starter of the Falcons after Matt Ryan’s career comes to an end.

Falcons Receive:

• -Round 4, Pick 121

Titans Receive:

• -Round 5, Pick 152
  • -Round 5, Pick 172

• Round 4, Pick 121 - Bryce Love, RB, Stanford
  • Height: 5’9” Weight: 200 lbs.
    • Welcome to Atlanta, Dion Lewis! Well, basically. Love is an explosive runner who has the top end speed and elite burst that caused the Falcons to deploy Tevin Coleman heavily. While marred with nagging injuries and a lackluster blocking group, Love still displayed grit and competitiveness while constantly putting his team before himself. While the majority of the touches will still go to Freeman and while Ito Smith has certainly earned his reps after an impressive rookie campaign, there are plenty of opportunities for Love to get work in as a receiver on screens and check downs in Koetter’s return to GA.

• Round 6, Pick 186 - Mitch Hyatt, OT, Clemson
  • Height: 6’5” Weight: 303 lbs.
    • Hyatt’s NFL comparison is listed as Ty Sambrailo, making Atlanta a nice fit for the developmental tackle. Credited with being an extremely hard worker, smart, and dedicated, Hyatt was the leader of the offensive line at Clemson and drove the entire group to dedicate themselves for the self-improvement through practice and weight room. Hyatt still has plenty of strength to add to his frame and could either move inside to guard or find utility as a swing tackle reserve on game days. For now he will compete with Matt Gono for the 4th OT spot behind Matthews, Ford, and Sambrailo.

• Round 7, Pick 230 - Preston Williams, WR, Colorado State
  • Height: 6’4” Weight: 211 lbs.
    • Williams was not allowed to participate at the combine outside of the interviews due to a 2017 harassment-related charge, and also did not put up outstanding numbers at his Pro Day. Despite lackluster testing numbers in things like the broad jump, Williams has shown off his impressive hands and continues to stand on his collegiate success. At the end of the day, Williams is a redzone threat who has a lot to prove to his coaches and teammates that he is a high-character guy who can be a reliable asset to the offense that chooses to deploy his talents.

Depth Chart - Slightly More Official

Offense (27)

• QB: Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Jarrett Stidham, Kurt Benkert
  • RB: Devonta Freeman, Ito Smith, Bryce Love, Kenjon Barner
  • FB: Ricky Ortiz
  • WR: Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage
  • WR: Mohamed Sanu, Justin Hardy, Preston Williams
  • TE: Austin Hooper, Eric Saubert, Luke Stocker, Logan Paulsen
  • LT: Jake Matthews, Ty Sambrailo
  • LG: James Carpenter, Sean Harlow
  • C: Alex Mack, Wes Schweitzer
  • RG: Jamon Brown, Brandon Fusco
  • RT: Cody Ford, Matt Gono, Mitch Hyatt

Defense (23)

• DE: Vic Beasley, Steven Means
  • DT: Grady Jarrett, Tyeler Davison, Ra’Shede Hageman
  • DT: Dexter Lawrence, Deadrin Senat, Jack Crawford
  • DE: Takk McKinley, Adrian Clayborn
  • SLB: De’Vondre Campbell, Vosean Joseph
  • MLB: Deion Jones, Kemal Ishmael
  • WLB: Foye Oluokun, Duke Ruley
  • CB: Desmond Trufant, Isaiah Johnson, Ryan Neal
  • FS: Ricardo Allen, Demontae Kazee, Sharrod Neasman
  • SS: Keanu Neal, J.J. Wilcox
  • CB: Isaiah Oliver, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Taveze Calhoun

Special Teams (3)

• K: Giorgia Tavecchio
  • P: Matt Bosher
  • LS: Josh Harris

I dig it, if the Falcons walk away with Ford, Lawrence, and Johnson, it's a win for me. Not a fan of Stidham though, I just don't see him ever being the face of the franchise. That makes him a 4th round backup which is just a little uninspiring, especially with the value we've been able to get out of 4ths in recent years. 

36 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Like it but if Dex falls to the middle of the 2nd round I’ll be shocked.

Yep. I think it's more likely that Sweat or Gary fall than Dex.

1 hour ago, Artys Arryn said:

I dig it, if the Falcons walk away with Ford, Lawrence, and Johnson, it's a win for me. Not a fan of Stidham though, I just don't see him ever being the face of the franchise. That makes him a 4th round backup which is just a little uninspiring, especially with the value we've been able to get out of 4ths in recent years. 

He's got a better chance of being the face than Schaub if Ryan goes down.

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

He's got a better chance of being the face than Schaub if Ryan goes down.

There’s no difference between what Stidhamwould bring versus what we have in Kurt Benkart..

Its a waste of draft capital...

QB is next year if Kurt isn’t on the 53

Artys Arryn likes this

Loved it rounds 1-3 but then you lost me. A QB, Trading up for a RB, a WR and another OT after already taking Ford. 

Would have rather seen another CB, Edge Rusher than another OT and QB. I can live with the RB and WR but don't trade up for any.

9 hours ago, King Jigsaw said:

Draft

• 1. ARI - Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma
  • 2. SF - Nick Bosa, DE/OLB, Ohio State
  • 3. NYJ - Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
  • 4. OAK - Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
  • 5. TB - Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky
  • 6. NYG - Devin White, LB, LSU
  • 7. JAX - Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida
  • 8. DET - Brian Burns, DE/OLB, Florida State
  • 9. BUF - Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama
  • 10. DEN - TJ Hockenson, TE, Iowa
  • 11. CIN - Devin Bush, LB, Michigan
  • 12. GB - Rashan Gary, DE/DT, Michigan
  • 13. MIA - Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

**Just like in my original draft, the Giants passed on a QB at 6 and call the Falcons to leap over the Redskins to get the same player they likely considered at pick 6 for a long while.**

Giants Receive:

• -Round 1, Pick 14

Falcons Receive:

• -Round 1, Pick 17
  • -Round 3, Pick 95
  • -2020 5th Round Pick

• 14. NYG - Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State
  • 15. WAS - Daniel Jones, QB, Duke
  • 16. CAR - Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

• Round 1, Pick 17 - Cody Ford, OT/OG, Oklahoma
  • Height: 6’3”  Weight: 329 lbs.
    • Though it might be discouraging to see another talented edge rusher being added to the division right ahead of where you pick, this is the reason why this pick is being made. At this point we’ve added a slew of Guards but still have a need at Right Tackle in the wake of releasing Ryan Schraeder. Enter: Cody Ford. Ford has been an absolute monster at Tackle while protecting both Baker Mayfield and Kyler Murray and can play every spot on the line besides Center, making him an invaluable addition to an offensive line tasked with keeping Matt Ryan upright.
    • Other Options: Clelin Ferrell, Byron Murphy, Andre Dillard

Falcons Receive:

• -Round 2, Pick 41

Broncos Receive:

• -Round 2, Pick 45
  • -Round 4, Pick 135

• Round 2, Pick 41 - Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson
  • Height: 6’4” Weight: 342 lbs.
    • It’s amazing how far a player can fall down draft boards, but a failed drug test can do that to you. While I don’t think it’s fair or even likely that Lawrence will fall to the second round, I’ve seen him falling to Day 2 and wanted to include that tidbit in this mock. Lawrence missed the last two games of his college career after testing positive for osterine, but during combine interviews he steadily claimed innocence on the matter. Nevertheless, the same player I took in the first round of my last mock is now the target of my trade up in the 2nd as the Falcons send their 4th round compensatory selection to the Broncos to leap over teams like Green Bay, Cincinnati, and Buffalo who could all look to add some size to their d-line in the form of DLaw.
    • Other Options: DeAndre Baker, Julian Love

• Round 3, Pick 79 - Vosean Joseph, LB, Florida
  • Height: 6’1” Weight: 230 lbs.
    • The Falcons have had some recent experiments at the LB position with players like Duke Riley and Foye Oluokun fighting to define their roles among the starting ranks. Joseph is an athletic but inconsistent player that would have benefited from returning to college for another year. While his tape is ugly at times, Atlanta is a team that could afford to ‘redshirt’ him with mostly special teams duties as he continues to add weight and becomes the backup behind either Campbell or Jones. I think having Ishmael back would really help Joseph, giving him a highly-competitive and versatile role model to learn from.

• Round 3, Pick 95 - Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston
  • Height: 6’2” Weight: 203 lbs.
    • Johnson I think is one of those picks that you don’t appreciate at first, but that will make you proud of your front office after a couple of years. A track athlete and three-star recruit at the WR position coming out of high school, Johnson switched to Corner after two years in college. While he’s still got some technique issues that need to be worked on, Johnson has the speed, arm length, and ball skills to become a top press corner in the league if given the proper coaching and time to develop. The trio of Trufant, Oliver, and Kazee will likely take the majority of snaps for the Falcons in 2019 but there’s always room for Johnson to take away some snaps with assignments against bigger receivers who he matches up well with.

• Round 4, Pick 117 - Jarrett Stidham, QB, Auburn
  • Height: 6’2” Weight: 218 lbs.
    • Stidham has recently caught a bad rep for the offense that Auburn trotted out in 2018 which was substantially worse than the 2017 version where Stidham shined. Put the Alabama tape on and you will see a mechanically-sound, efficiently mobile, smart QB capable of making quick decisions and accurate throws on every level. Stidham’s biggest knock is that he tends to melt when defensive pressure gets home (sound familiar?) but he has all the tools with the proper arm strength, accuracy, footwork, and anticipation to become the starter of the Falcons after Matt Ryan’s career comes to an end.

Falcons Receive:

• -Round 4, Pick 121

Titans Receive:

• -Round 5, Pick 152
  • -Round 5, Pick 172

• Round 4, Pick 121 - Bryce Love, RB, Stanford
  • Height: 5’9” Weight: 200 lbs.
    • Welcome to Atlanta, Dion Lewis! Well, basically. Love is an explosive runner who has the top end speed and elite burst that caused the Falcons to deploy Tevin Coleman heavily. While marred with nagging injuries and a lackluster blocking group, Love still displayed grit and competitiveness while constantly putting his team before himself. While the majority of the touches will still go to Freeman and while Ito Smith has certainly earned his reps after an impressive rookie campaign, there are plenty of opportunities for Love to get work in as a receiver on screens and check downs in Koetter’s return to GA.

• Round 6, Pick 186 - Mitch Hyatt, OT, Clemson
  • Height: 6’5” Weight: 303 lbs.
    • Hyatt’s NFL comparison is listed as Ty Sambrailo, making Atlanta a nice fit for the developmental tackle. Credited with being an extremely hard worker, smart, and dedicated, Hyatt was the leader of the offensive line at Clemson and drove the entire group to dedicate themselves for the self-improvement through practice and weight room. Hyatt still has plenty of strength to add to his frame and could either move inside to guard or find utility as a swing tackle reserve on game days. For now he will compete with Matt Gono for the 4th OT spot behind Matthews, Ford, and Sambrailo.

• Round 7, Pick 230 - Preston Williams, WR, Colorado State
  • Height: 6’4” Weight: 211 lbs.
    • Williams was not allowed to participate at the combine outside of the interviews due to a 2017 harassment-related charge, and also did not put up outstanding numbers at his Pro Day. Despite lackluster testing numbers in things like the broad jump, Williams has shown off his impressive hands and continues to stand on his collegiate success. At the end of the day, Williams is a redzone threat who has a lot to prove to his coaches and teammates that he is a high-character guy who can be a reliable asset to the offense that chooses to deploy his talents.

Depth Chart - Slightly More Official

Offense (27)

• QB: Matt Ryan, Matt Schaub, Jarrett Stidham, Kurt Benkert
  • RB: Devonta Freeman, Ito Smith, Bryce Love, Kenjon Barner
  • FB: Ricky Ortiz
  • WR: Julio Jones, Calvin Ridley, Russell Gage
  • WR: Mohamed Sanu, Justin Hardy, Preston Williams
  • TE: Austin Hooper, Eric Saubert, Luke Stocker, Logan Paulsen
  • LT: Jake Matthews, Ty Sambrailo
  • LG: James Carpenter, Sean Harlow
  • C: Alex Mack, Wes Schweitzer
  • RG: Jamon Brown, Brandon Fusco
  • RT: Cody Ford, Matt Gono, Mitch Hyatt

Defense (23)

• DE: Vic Beasley, Steven Means
  • DT: Grady Jarrett, Tyeler Davison, Ra’Shede Hageman
  • DT: Dexter Lawrence, Deadrin Senat, Jack Crawford
  • DE: Takk McKinley, Adrian Clayborn
  • SLB: De’Vondre Campbell, Vosean Joseph
  • MLB: Deion Jones, Kemal Ishmael
  • WLB: Foye Oluokun, Duke Ruley
  • CB: Desmond Trufant, Isaiah Johnson, Ryan Neal
  • FS: Ricardo Allen, Demontae Kazee, Sharrod Neasman
  • SS: Keanu Neal, J.J. Wilcox
  • CB: Isaiah Oliver, Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Taveze Calhoun

Special Teams (3)

• K: Giorgia Tavecchio
  • P: Matt Bosher
  • LS: Josh Harris

Man you were pitching a shut out until you drafted a QB then traded back up for a RB. Just no.

I mean you were on fire bro. Why'd you go and ruin it?? We still need EDGE rusher depth and a little more at CB. Center could be drafted as well. Burning a pick at QB and 2 at RB moved this from an A+ to a B+ for me