mashburn*Fibonacci

Freeman out on the field

76 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Free’s awesome when healthy but his running style and stature prolly won’t allow a long career 

I don't see him having a long career, either.  I just hope he can stay relatively healthy this year and next, 'til we can get out of that dreadful contract and move on to a younger, bigger, HEALTHIER running back... 

Atl Falcon and Osiruz like this

51 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Free’s awesome when healthy but his running style and stature prolly won’t allow a long career 

His stature is fine. He’s in the same mold as Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders. Even his running style is cool. The issue is taking unnecessary hits. Warrick Dunn was smaller in weight than free but he wouldn’t take unnecessary hits. If free would go around a guy when he’s the only guy instead of initiating contact he’d be less banged up. 

4 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

His stature is fine. He’s in the same mold as Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders. Even his running style is cool. The issue is taking unnecessary hits. Warrick Dunn was smaller in weight than free but he wouldn’t take unnecessary hits. If free would go around a guy when he’s the only guy instead of initiating contact he’d be less banged up. 

This is why I call him a dumb ***. He's always trying to act like he's Mr. Big Richard instead of playing smart.

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Yeah...... I don't think he's gonna do that. That's the problem. 

Knight of God likes this

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Going around a guy ain’t his style but going head first is....too little for that even tho he’s strong for his size he takes too much punishment 

Just now, Yo_Lover said:

This is why I call him a dumb ***. He's always trying to act like he's Mr. Big Richard instead of playing smart.

Just his style. Hard to stop doing something you’ve done your entire life. He has to be mindful of it tho. I don’t want him to change his running style. Just don’t take unnecessary hits. 

5 minutes ago, Jpowers said:

Yeah...... I don't think he's gonna do that. That's the problem. 

He has changed. Definitely ran smarter. Took a helmet to the knee last year. That was unfortunate but it wasn’t from taking an unnecessary hit. But it looks bad in context. 

Flying Falcon likes this

2 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Just his style. Hard to stop doing something you’ve done your entire life. He has to be mindful of it tho. I don’t want him to change his running style. Just don’t take unnecessary hits. 

He's gotta realize he's gonna have to change his style or change his career.

Dude runs head first into people like Marion Barber, he wont last that way. What is sad is he is not doing it to compensate for talent, as he is as slippery and jukey as any NFL player. I would have rather kept Coleman. Lets hope we take a RB in the lower rounds to supplement what we have.

2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Yeah, I am thinking he is nearing the end. Maybe two more decent seasons left and then he will be down hill after. 

For better or worse a lot of the season rests on #24 if he stays healthy and taps into just a little of that 2016 magic is about all we can hope for. Aint gonna count him out yet...

Ito Smith is a very good running back. Don't discount the guy. Even if Free goes down we have someone available to get some work done. I would like to think our adjustments to the OLine won't cause our RBs to be running into brick walls every play...

capitan likes this

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Truth, this fan base loves tearing our best players down. 

Where has Freeman been?  We haven't seen him play in 3 years