hjerry

Rashan Gary's Shoulder

25 posts in this topic

NCAA%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
RASHAN GARYDL, COLLEGE PLAYER
14017.jpg

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Michigan DL Rashan Gary has a labral tear in his shoulder.

Gary reportedly suffered the injury in college but was able to play through it. Rapoport adds "most believe he can play this season" before getting the shoulder fixed next offseason. Still, it is a red flag for a player who was already a polarizing prospect. Despite outstanding testing numbers, it is possible Gary falls out of the first round.

Apr 23, 2019, 9:19 AM

Casserly talked about Gary playing with the torn labrum last season.  I just assumed it was already surgically repaired.

NFL Network talked about Shaq Lawson having the same issue a couple years ago and his shoulder getting dislocated in Training Camp thus needing shoulder surgery.

No Way Jose

I've torn mine 3 times. Range of motion never 100% heals despite constant physio and surgery is only if your shoulder isn't strong enough and it's at high risk for separation. They play through it until they can't move their arm anymore basically. And if they proactively have surgery it's because they (player or school/team) are scared it won't heal strong enough on its own.  VERY risky pick.

Look at Beasley; he sucked, then it healed more and he broke out, then he jammed it in the playoffs and hasn't been the same in over a year. 

Chase Winovich in the second is a better all around football player. Rashan Gary is a great athlete and won by being that. He's one of those guys GMs look at and say I can mold him into his potential. I think he will be a decent player, but if Gary's shoulder causes him to slide to the second round I would still take Winovich over Gary. 

19 minutes ago, pearljamnash13 said:

Chase Winovich in the second is a better all around football player. Rashan Gary is a great athlete and won by being that. He's one of those guys GMs look at and say I can mold him into his potential. I think he will be a decent player, but if Gary's shoulder causes him to slide to the second round I would still take Winovich over Gary. 

Tyler Starr and Brooks Reed has me biased against players that look like Thor.    Clay Matthews isn't walking through that door.  :rant:

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Tyler Starr and Brooks Reed has me biased against players that look like Thor.    Clay Matthews isn't walking through that door.  :rant:

Brooks Reed and Tyler Starr should never be mentioned in the same sentence together. I'd take a Brooks Reed on a rookie contract all day every day.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

LOL....no BBK then, I guess

PokerSteve likes this

1 hour ago, NWFALCON said:

Shoulder Injury? Bring him home TD. 

Vic and Takk have had shoulder issues. 

Will Overstreet anyone?

i was hoping the giants was gonna take him and let oliver slide to 8 but now i think oliver never makes it past 6

i was hoping the giants was gonna take him and let oliver slide to 8 but now i think oliver never makes it past 6

5 hours ago, pearljamnash13 said:

I like Chase. I think he sneaks into the first round. PFF has him rated pretty high on their EDGE board. If we are able to trade back and pick him up and an additional pick, it would give us good value. 

12 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I like Chase. I think he sneaks into the first round. PFF has him rated pretty high on their EDGE board. If we are able to trade back and pick him up and an additional pick, it would give us good value. 

****, just take him at 14.