Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Macintez

The one player that I have a strong “hunch” about in this draft...

16 posts in this topic

When we’ve talked defensive player options in regards to the NFL draft, everyone has brought up defensive tackle in the first round. To me, there are only 2 DT’s that could make an immediate impact on our defense day 1.

Quinnen Williams

Ed Oliver

Both will be gone by the time it gets to #14. Which leaves us with 3 options. Reach for a defensive lineman (Yes, all other defensive linemen options will be a reach in the first round), take an offensive lineman, or trade down. I will definitely be fine with the latter two ONLY if the front office makes it up to us by picking up this player in the draft.

Jachai Polite

I’ve watched film... Dude has first round-grade talent. But a lot of pundents are saying “But the attitude and piss-poor combine and football IQ”. All smoke... The dude is a competitor and a football player. Combine that with the fastest first step I’ve seen in a while and dude is THE best pure pass rusher in the draft and it’s not even close. I honestly think he screwed himself in the combine on purpose because he actually plays to the measurables Vic Beasley posted in the combine. As a matter of fact, if we pick him, I think he’ll be everything Vic was supposed to be for us and could make an impact day 1. People talk about him falling to the 3rd round....

He absolutely will not lmao mark my words. I would be chomping at the bit if he fell to the late second round. The best chance we would have at getting him will be to trade down. He fits the Dan Quinn mold for sure. I hope we could get him some kind of way. In the right system he could be an absolute pass rushing monster.

He "screwed himself in the combine on purpose"?

Was that the strong hunch; was it he's the best pure rusher in the draft and it's not close, or was it that he won't fall to the 3rd round?

I've seen him play numerous times... no way would I take him at #14

1 hour ago, TheUsualStuff said:

He "screwed himself in the combine on purpose"?

Was that the strong hunch; was it he's the best pure rusher in the draft and it's not close, or was it that he won't fall to the 3rd round?

I've seen him play numerous times... no way would I take him at #14

I’m not saying he did screw himself on purpose but it’s in the realm of possibility and it’s not unprecedented (Priest Holmes). But maybe that’s a lil too conspiracy-like. In any case, I think he will be a star pass rusher; he’s further along than Takk and especially Vic was coming into the draft. Is first-step is his blue chip element that really separates him, he is incredibly special in that regard and in a defense like Quinn’s it will help him make an immediate impact. He seriously reminds me of Dwight Freeney, watch his Florida State tape it’s really good.

1 hour ago, Gold4425 said:

Watch out for OL Chris Lindstrom. He is rated higher on some teams Draft Board than some give him credit for. I have a slight suspicion he may play into the Falcons draft plans.

Yeah, I have already mentioned this as well.   Kiper even had Packers taking him at #12.

I don’t believe he will go that high.   I could see Falcons taking one of the Clemson DTs at #14 and then trading back up into the 1st to take Lindstrom.   

I see Lindstrom going in the 24-28 range.

Tim Mazetti likes this

Multiple scouts from different teams don't say the same thing for "smoke". 

Did quit at the combine because he ran slow as **** and people asked him what was wrong. Buddy threw a temper tantrum. 

Elite football skill often can't overcome a bad attitude.  Making it in the NFL is hard enough already, hamstringing yourself with a bad attitude is just a recipe to fail.  He wouldn't be the first and won't be the last player that had great football skill and didn't come into the league with the right attitude, work ethic, whatever other intangible you want to mention and failed because of that poor intangible.

57 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Yeah, I have already mentioned this as well.   Kiper even had Packers taking him at #12.

I don’t believe he will go that high.   I could see Falcons taking one of the Clemson DTs at #14 and then trading back up into the 1st to take Lindstrom.   

I see Lindstrom going in the 24-28 range.

Did anyone see the article today fro AF.com that said “with the Falcons 1st round Selection, or Selections?”

3 hours ago, Macintez said:

When we’ve talked defensive player options in regards to the NFL draft, everyone has brought up defensive tackle in the first round. To me, there are only 2 DT’s that could make an immediate impact on our defense day 1.

Quinnen Williams

Ed Oliver

Both will be gone by the time it gets to #14. Which leaves us with 3 options. Reach for a defensive lineman (Yes, all other defensive linemen options will be a reach in the first round), take an offensive lineman, or trade down. I will definitely be fine with the latter two ONLY if the front office makes it up to us by picking up this player in the draft.

Jachai Polite

I’ve watched film... Dude has first round-grade talent. But a lot of pundents are saying “But the attitude and piss-poor combine and football IQ”. All smoke... The dude is a competitor and a football player. Combine that with the fastest first step I’ve seen in a while and dude is THE best pure pass rusher in the draft and it’s not even close. I honestly think he screwed himself in the combine on purpose because he actually plays to the measurables Vic Beasley posted in the combine. As a matter of fact, if we pick him, I think he’ll be everything Vic was supposed to be for us and could make an impact day 1. People talk about him falling to the 3rd round....

He absolutely will not lmao mark my words. I would be chomping at the bit if he fell to the late second round. The best chance we would have at getting him will be to trade down. He fits the Dan Quinn mold for sure. I hope we could get him some kind of way. In the right system he could be an absolute pass rushing monster.

If Polite makes it to the 3rd or late 2nd, go get him as quick as you can. Despite all that's being said, I think he's a tak type player and the teams pass-rush would be much better with him. Not picking him in the 1st or early 2nd though. 

1 hour ago, The O.D.B said:

If Polite makes it to the 3rd or late 2nd, go get him as quick as you can. Despite all that's being said, I think he's a tak type player and the teams pass-rush would be much better with him. Not picking him in the 1st or early 2nd though. 

I wouldn’t take a first round pick on him and I would strongly debate using our only second rounder. But if we could trade down and get multiple second rounders I would take him in a heartbeat with the earliest 2nd round pick that we have. His first step is seriously something else and he actually does a good job of peeping alignments and pass protections so he’s not a dumb pass rusher he actually rushes with an IQ man I like this dude for our defense.

Tim Mazetti likes this

1 hour ago, metatron360 said:

I watched polite vs LSU he dominated that game

That game vs. Florida State was sickening too.