Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconJim

All 32 GMs ranked ---

57 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

According to Greg Rosenthal, Falcons GM, Thomas Dimitroff is the 5th best out of 32 teams. 
Sounds about right to me.  Of course, Bellycheck is #1... 

He couldn’t possibly be outside top 5.  Should be #3 IMO

Id switch Colbert & TD.  The Steelers are a mess at the moment and some of that falls on the GM

3 minutes ago, Vandy said:

TD should be higher ....And Dorsey hasn’t won squat yet. 

I agree. Dorsey basically jumped 13 spots just for drafting mayfield and trading for Beckham. He doesn’t have the body of work that TD does.

I’d have TD at #3, behind Belichick and Colbert.

6 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Rankings are solid with the exception of Dorsey. I mean what has he accomplished?

He drafted Mahomes & Mayfield

33 minutes ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

I wonder where some of the posters on this board would rank themselves on this list. LMFAO

LOL...

Honestly, the distance between the  TATF armchair GM’s and the #32 GM on the list is less than the distance between Belichick and whoever #2 on the list is.  

Sidecar Falcon likes this

24 minutes ago, Vandy said:

TD should be higher ....And Dorsey hasn’t won squat yet. 

Media hype rules the day.  I was kinda cool with the Cleveland on the rise thing for a minute but folks losing their minds over Cleveland and I almost want them to go back to being a dumpster fire. 

I know some people wanted to fire TD a few years ago but I like TD.   He may not always get it right but paired with DQ, when they pick a guy, I usually know why once I put in their film.  I love that's.  Throw in some pretty impressive cap management and I'm good with him staying even if DQ doesn't right now.  Also took balls to go get Julio.

26 minutes ago, Falconsin2012 said:

LOL...

Honestly, the distance between the  TATF armchair GM’s and the #32 GM on the list is less than the distance between Belichick and whoever #2 on the list is.  

Belichick is amazing at finding the exact player to fit his system. They may not be best overall but they always play better in that system. 

Falconsin2012 likes this

1 hour ago, NeonDeion said:

2-4?

#4 - John Dorsey, Browns
#3 - Kevin Colbert, Steelers
#2 - Howie Roseman, Eagles

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

He couldn’t possibly be outside top 5.  Should be #3 IMO

Id switch Colbert & TD.  The Steelers are a mess at the moment and some of that falls on the GM

I agree, TD should be ranked ahead of Gilbert (Steelers) and CERTAINLY higher than John Dorsey (Browns), who has really done nothing yet with Cleveland to warrant being ranked #4 ---  

Ergo Proxy likes this

Posted (edited)

22 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

#4 - John Dorsey, Browns
#3 - Kevin Colbert, Steelers
#2 - Howie Roseman, Eagles

Steelers? What?

Browns have had sooo many high picks. That’s nuts. 

Eagles got the ring but they sucked for quite awhile. 

TD is #2 imo. 3 the lowest 

Edited by NeonDeion
FalconJim likes this

If he can find a pass rusher and a decent OL he’d be number 2. Let’s all hope Pioli and DQ don’t leave the room....TD never proved much without them. I do agree he’s been pretty good since DQ/SP got here. 

Thomas Dimitroff ranked top 5 NFL GM by NFL.com @FalconFanSince1970

By Dave Choate  Apr 22, 2019, 9:00pm EDT

general managers have remained consistently high in the league itself and has swung wildly between admiration and disrespect elsewhere. When the Falcons nabbed Matt Ryan, traded for Tony Gonzalez, and landed key players like Michael Turner and Julio Jones, he was beloved among fans. When the team stunk the house out in 2013 and 2014 and muddled through 2015, he was pretty well reviled.

If you consider his entire stint in Atlanta, though, it’s hard to argue against Dimitroff being anything but a quality executive, and certainly one of the primary architects of the best stretch of success this team has ever known. His well-known shakiness drafting in the trenches has been his Achilles heel despite better success with the likes of Jake Matthews and Grady Jarrett, but the team he’s built has been pretty successful, having one of the ten best regular season records in the league since he arrived and a surprisingly decent playoff record considering you know what never mind. 

That’s a typically long-winded way of saying that you shouldn’t be stunned to learn that Dimitroff, who usually grades out in these kinds of rankings as a mid-tier GM, is all the way up at #5 on Gregg Rosenthal’s new rankings at NFL.com.

Falconsin2012 and FalconJim like this