Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cole World

Falcons signs Safety J.J. Wilcox

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If trading up for Trufant was a bad deal, and handing an injured Trufant a bigger contract than Julio Jones was a bad move, and now we have to spend an early pick on bad deal Trufant, then TD has shown incompetence,and needs to be relieved. That's what the poster is saying.

Given how bad the 2013 draft was.. Trading for him was right

2013 was BAD in terms of overall quality of the draft.

His contract was in line with  his skill set  for the position.................. much like Julio's was in 2015.

Jalen Collins is more of a cause of having to use a draft pick on a corner than Trufant is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

45?

Gameday roster. I don't care about a guy like Justin Zimmer if he's inactive 16 weeks. I want to know my 45 is better than your 45. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Given how bad the 2013 draft was.. Trading for him was right

2013 was BAD in terms of overall quality of the draft.

His contract was in line with  his skill set  for the position.................. much like Julio's was in 2015.

Jalen Collins is more of a cause of having to use a draft pick on a corner than Trufant is.

Oliver is who we.drafted bc of Collins. We are def looming to life after Trufant. You never give injured players blockbuster deals with no outs for years. That was definitely a mistake.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

His ranginess makes up for the elite speed, which Rico does not have. However, Allen has a much better grasp of the defense so it makes for a potentially interesting competition. 

Agree. Rico is Quinns Patrick Chung. The preseason is gonna be fun for once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I like this SS pick up. He’s not great, but better than Richards. Has some speed and athleticism. Big safety.

Atleast half tye board clicked on this thread and.scrolled to see.what.KOG had.to say. This is a proper f.a. depth signing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Oliver is who we.drafted bc of Collins. We are def looming to life after Trufant. You never give injured players blockbuster deals with no outs for years. That was definitely a mistake.

Trufant was not injured when he got the contract.

I don't think that we are looking t life after him at all.....We just just very thin at corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Trufant was not injured when he got the contract.

I don't think that we are looking t life after him at all.....We just just very thin at corner.

Yes he was. trufant was given the contract at the end of the 2016 season,.which ended with him on I.R.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Oliver is who we.drafted bc of Collins. We are def looming to life after Trufant. You never give injured players blockbuster deals with no outs for years. That was definitely a mistake.

One of several over the years.

Every NFL team has players with three levels of experience:  young 1-2 yr players sometimes with more potential than production;  a sprinkling of players who are older but still productive;   and the most important group, the players 4th-8th year guys who had better be the backbone of your team or you won't go anywhere.

Trufant Alford and Schraeder were\are all guys in that 4-8 yr grouping.  All three were or are in their second contract.  Losing Schraeder was regrettable, but understandable.  But Alford was already older when he was drafted, just like Peria Jerry.  He wasn't going to last long.

Trufant is not even 30 years old yet going into his seventh season.  He -should- be good for at least two, maybe four more years.   He would definitely benefit from a better pass rush, like all our DB's would.  So despite his expense, with all these other needs, I don't see how TD can just get rid of Trufant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Neal and allen ok?? Someone is not happy with our safety situation

I feel like the choices they are making point more to our depth issue and the drop off than replacing the key guys.    With the pressure on, I think Quinn would have made a one year deal with a starting caliber safety if he felt they were out for a long period.

What is Willie Mo doing these days? :ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I feel like the choices they are making point more to our depth issue and the drop off than replacing the key guys.    With the pressure on, I think Quinn would have made a one year deal with a starting caliber safety if he felt they were out for a long period.

What is Willie Mo doing these days? :ninja:

Would you give Eric Berry a look?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Would you give Eric Berry a look?

Love Eric Berry.   Hometown is Atlanta, maybe he comes at a vet minimum.

Problem is - he's 30 and there is a reason KC cut him.    What does he have left?    Could he be SS or would he need to be used as a nickel?    Just don't know.

Without a doubt, one of the best - who overcame a lot to return to the field.   So - I would love it personally if they took a chance on him.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, we have a crowd at S now and could use CB depth, but if Berry did a 1yr limited and off into the sunset deal as a role player here? (3rd safety in certain coverage packages?)

Let him think about it and let’s go. :tiphat:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tandy said:

Love Eric Berry.   Hometown is Atlanta, maybe he comes at a vet minimum.

Problem is - he's 30 and there is a reason KC cut him.    What does he have left?    Could he be SS or would he need to be used as a nickel?    Just don't know.

Without a doubt, one of the best - who overcame a lot to return to the field.   So - I would love it personally if they took a chance on him.   

It is telling that no one else has sniffed around him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

It is telling that no one else has sniffed around him

I haven't heard any talk at all.   Has he even worked out for any teams?   Maybe he's contemplating the right offer or retirement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I haven't heard any talk at all.   Has he even worked out for any teams?   Maybe he's contemplating the right offer or retirement?

Not that has been reported....now that does not mean that there has not been interest....but nothing out in the open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Not that has been reported....now that does not mean that there has not been interest....but nothing out in the open.

I see he visited Dallas - left there planning to visit other teams before making a decision.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
  • Create New...