Cole World

Falcons signs Safety J.J. Wilcox

100 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If trading up for Trufant was a bad deal, and handing an injured Trufant a bigger contract than Julio Jones was a bad move, and now we have to spend an early pick on bad deal Trufant, then TD has shown incompetence,and needs to be relieved. That's what the poster is saying.

Given how bad the 2013 draft was.. Trading for him was right

2013 was BAD in terms of overall quality of the draft.

His contract was in line with  his skill set  for the position.................. much like Julio's was in 2015.

Jalen Collins is more of a cause of having to use a draft pick on a corner than Trufant is.

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

45?

Gameday roster. I don't care about a guy like Justin Zimmer if he's inactive 16 weeks. I want to know my 45 is better than your 45. 

HouseofEuphoria likes this

55 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Given how bad the 2013 draft was.. Trading for him was right

2013 was BAD in terms of overall quality of the draft.

His contract was in line with  his skill set  for the position.................. much like Julio's was in 2015.

Jalen Collins is more of a cause of having to use a draft pick on a corner than Trufant is.

Oliver is who we.drafted bc of Collins. We are def looming to life after Trufant. You never give injured players blockbuster deals with no outs for years. That was definitely a mistake.

egoprime II and Flying Falcon like this

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

His ranginess makes up for the elite speed, which Rico does not have. However, Allen has a much better grasp of the defense so it makes for a potentially interesting competition. 

Agree. Rico is Quinns Patrick Chung. The preseason is gonna be fun for once.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

14 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Oliver is who we.drafted bc of Collins. We are def looming to life after Trufant. You never give injured players blockbuster deals with no outs for years. That was definitely a mistake.

Trufant was not injured when he got the contract.

I don't think that we are looking t life after him at all.....We just just very thin at corner.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I don't think that we are looking t life after him at all.....We just just very thin at corner.

Maybe I'm tired. But i could have sworn he was injured before the contract

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Yes he was. trufant was given the contract at the end of the 2016 season,.which ended with him on I.R.

Edited by ATLSlobberKnockers
Flying Falcon likes this

Thats the most F.A signings...Falcons have done in offseason over a decade.

I believe we are going in ALL IN this year to Miami.

This is it....guys! Get ready for Chiefs vs Falcons Superbowl this year. 

12 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

One of several over the years.

Every NFL team has players with three levels of experience:  young 1-2 yr players sometimes with more potential than production;  a sprinkling of players who are older but still productive;   and the most important group, the players 4th-8th year guys who had better be the backbone of your team or you won't go anywhere.

Trufant Alford and Schraeder were\are all guys in that 4-8 yr grouping.  All three were or are in their second contract.  Losing Schraeder was regrettable, but understandable.  But Alford was already older when he was drafted, just like Peria Jerry.  He wasn't going to last long.

Trufant is not even 30 years old yet going into his seventh season.  He -should- be good for at least two, maybe four more years.   He would definitely benefit from a better pass rush, like all our DB's would.  So despite his expense, with all these other needs, I don't see how TD can just get rid of Trufant.

Geneaut likes this

20 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Neal and allen ok?? Someone is not happy with our safety situation

I feel like the choices they are making point more to our depth issue and the drop off than replacing the key guys.    With the pressure on, I think Quinn would have made a one year deal with a starting caliber safety if he felt they were out for a long period.

What is Willie Mo doing these days? :ninja:

20 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I feel like the choices they are making point more to our depth issue and the drop off than replacing the key guys.    With the pressure on, I think Quinn would have made a one year deal with a starting caliber safety if he felt they were out for a long period.

What is Willie Mo doing these days? :ninja:

Would you give Eric Berry a look?

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

2 hours ago, BoomGoesTheDynamite said:

Would you give Eric Berry a look?

Love Eric Berry.   Hometown is Atlanta, maybe he comes at a vet minimum.

Problem is - he's 30 and there is a reason KC cut him.    What does he have left?    Could he be SS or would he need to be used as a nickel?    Just don't know.

Without a doubt, one of the best - who overcame a lot to return to the field.   So - I would love it personally if they took a chance on him.   

9 hours ago, Tandy said:

Love Eric Berry.   Hometown is Atlanta, maybe he comes at a vet minimum.

Problem is - he's 30 and there is a reason KC cut him.    What does he have left?    Could he be SS or would he need to be used as a nickel?    Just don't know.

Without a doubt, one of the best - who overcame a lot to return to the field.   So - I would love it personally if they took a chance on him.   

It is telling that no one else has sniffed around him

Tandy likes this

6 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

It is telling that no one else has sniffed around him

I haven't heard any talk at all.   Has he even worked out for any teams?   Maybe he's contemplating the right offer or retirement?

Flying Falcon likes this

17 minutes ago, Tandy said:

I haven't heard any talk at all.   Has he even worked out for any teams?   Maybe he's contemplating the right offer or retirement?

Not that has been reported....now that does not mean that there has not been interest....but nothing out in the open.

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Not that has been reported....now that does not mean that there has not been interest....but nothing out in the open.

I see he visited Dallas - left there planning to visit other teams before making a decision.