Cole World

Falcons signs Safety J.J. Wilcox

100 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Just about every FA pickup we’ve got has been a starter. 

Makes sense when you think about last season.

They didn’t have viable backups at several positions.

They are covering their bases just in case Allen or Neal have any set backs. 

Nothing wrong with good veteran depth...

TheFatboi likes this

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

I like this SS pick up. He’s not great, but better than Richards. Has some speed and athleticism. Big safety.

Exactly. He's a safety that actually can play the position. Not Richards. I can live with that. 

7 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

And its not just bodies. It’s actually quality depth if Neal or Rico went down. 

Yep. I think that's where DQ missed and he said as much when he underestimated the guys on the roster after the injuries. 

Just another depth piece....and, if I had to rank him, I'd say "a little above average".  He's just 28 yrs. old, too, so he can continue to work on his craft....who knows, under Quinn, he may turn out to be a goodun' --- 

1 hour ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

This is why I think it is silly not to take it seriously that they will draft a DB with the first pick. 

If you truly Break it down, keeping Kazee at safety as he maybe better at safety than the two guys coming back from injury(TBH, he is a more athletic one than a pre injured Allen) and going out and getting a third starting corner and possible upgrade to what you have is a very logical option. 

Agree. If.Rico is a go I like him better at nb, and keep KZ at f.s. 

48 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I like this SS pick up. He’s not great, but better than Richards. Has some speed and athleticism. Big safety.

Yep. A box safety in our scheme needs to be able to bang it down there, size helps.

Drew4719 and Knight of God like this

This is nt a bad signing. He will.definitely give all if.called on. W as on that 2008 state champion Cairo team. He played wr and fs.for them. He can catch those.easy picks which is something we need. Good.special teamer, and he can thump. Can cause them snot bubbles, and slobberknockers.

Good.depth signing at safety... Finally

datboilando and Cheap Talk like this

6 minutes ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

Freeman's career was jump started against this dude in 2015 in Dallas lol. Hope he never sniffs the field.

Freeman makes alot of players look stupid. **** Ito posterized kuechly a couple times, and they have similar elusiveness.

19 minutes ago, spanish_falcon said:

Trade up is coming...

Its either that or they draft 8-9. They definitely bringing in all they can and seeing who wants it more. Throwing **** at the wall to see what sticks. Like I said if you cant afford quality, quantity can work. Its how we beat ze Germans.

3 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

:sadwave::rant::bang::munch:

Lol man I can't help it. Every time that dam line came up "We've got over 20 players to replace" it was so annoying because it was just contrarian. It included guys like Jordan Richards, Ben Garland, Andy Levitre, and the dam long snapper. We're talking a safety that never should have seen the field, two OL who didn't play any real snaps, and a long snapper. 

egoprime II and Schwarzwald like this

1 hour ago, Yo_Lover said:

Quinn has already said Kazee is NB and Allen is FS.

Which is why I say, we already have three CBs who -are- going to play..... so why draft one high, just so he can sit on the bench?  Get a depth CB and another good safety in the mid rounds.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, R_The_Great said:

Neal and allen ok?? Someone is not happy with our safety situation

Not gonna lie, that was my first thought :lol:. Nice pick up though.

Blank must have busted some *** after last season, because TD and Quinn are getting almost anyone they can.

Edited by BoomGoesTheDynamite
ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

3 minutes ago, egoprime II said:

Which is why I say, we already have three CBs who -are- going to play..... so why draft one high, just so he can sit on the bench?  Get a depth CB and another good safety in the mid rounds.

Because Trufant is likely gone next year.

5 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

If you cant afford.quality, go with quantity. I.wouldnt be.shocked anymore if.we.did draf 8 or 9 players. 

preseason is.actually going to be fun to.watch this year.

So you're saying we might ACTUALLY win a preseason game after 2 seasons?

Neat.

1 minute ago, vel said:

Lol man I can't help it. Every time that dam line came up "We've got over 20 players to replace" it was so annoying because it was just contrarian. It included guys like Jordan Richards, Ben Garland, Andy Levitre, and the dam long snapper. We're talking a safety that never should have seen the field, two OL who didn't play any real snaps, and a long snapper. 

I know Vel, and I'm one of those who complained about -so- many contracts coming due, which also did not take into account the four vets the team ended up cutting.   I already knew we would not (and did not -need- to) re-sign -all- of them, ok....still, the ones we have signed, plus the new vets incoming take up a hefty amount of our cap space.

One day the need/desire for veteran depth is going to cost us a star player.  That day very well may be next offseason.  As things stand, Beasley, Jarrett, Deion Jones, Hooper and Cambell will -all- be up for new contracts, next year....plus Keanu Neal will be up for -HIS- option year.  IF some of these players leave how will they be replaced?  Probably with draft picks.

So what I am saying, is....use draft picks for our depth, now....so we can use our money for our star players, now and later.   Instead of being nickel and dimed by signing all these vets to one year deals to add depth to our roster.

Hurry_Up_And_Buy likes this