Cole World

Falcons signs Safety J.J. Wilcox

101 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Neal and allen ok?? Someone is not happy with our safety situation

Was thinking that very thing.

1 minute ago, UniteandConquer said:

Depth behind Neal and Allen. 

Could be depth instead of Neal and Allen.(coming off of injuries, they are question marks. I hope not though.)

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

21 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Was thinking that very thing.

Could be depth instead of Neal and Allen.(coming off of injuries, they are question marks. I hope not though.)

Falcons might be expecting one of them to be on PUP to start season?

Ive said all off season, itsno guarantee a player returns from injury...

A step slower Ricardo Allen is a JJ Wilcox....

Edited by Matt_The Iceman_Ryan

5 minutes ago, Matt_The Iceman_Ryan said:

Falcons might be expecting one of them to be on PUP to start season?

Ive said all off season, itsno guarantee a player returns from injury...

A step slower Ricardo Allen is a JJ Wilcox....

This is why I think it is silly not to take it seriously that they will draft a DB with the first pick. 

If you truly Break it down, keeping Kazee at safety as he maybe better at safety than the two guys coming back from injury(TBH, he is a more athletic one than a pre injured Allen) and going out and getting a third starting corner and possible upgrade to what you have is a very logical option. 

8 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

This is why I think it is silly not to take it seriously that they will draft a DB with the first pick. 

If you truly Break it down, keeping Kazee at safety as he maybe better at safety than the two guys coming back from injury(TBH, he is a more athletic one than a pre injured Allen) and going out and getting a third starting corner and possible upgrade to what you have is a very logical option. 

Quinn has already said Kazee is NB and Allen is FS.

Ergo Proxy, egoprime II and shock like this

Posted (edited)

I hate to be honest, but this free agency/off season has been waaaaay better than last season for us when it comes to the DEPTH we’ve added, however, we still don’t know if these players will be good or not.

Edited by mqg96

48 minutes ago, R_The_Great said:

Can never be too sure. Neal is running and lifting. Ricardo is further back due to nature of injury. We believe in Kazee to replace Rico but had nobody decent to replace Neal. Richards was underwhelming and Neasman was smart guy but lacked talent and ability. 

Wilcox is athletic and so is Laguda. They will compete and one likely earns spot on practice squad. 

We lacked insurance for injuries last year. This year we wont. We are signing guys now to get them up to speed so id we have an injury we can pick up a guy with familiarity in our system. 

Backups and scrubs are still just that....backups and scrubs.....there is a reason why they don't start in the NFL

9 minutes ago, mqg96 said:

I hate to be honest, but this free agency/off season has been waaaaay better than last season for us when it comes to the DEPTH we’ve added, however, we still don’t know if these players will be good or not.

Everybody we’ve picked up has been pretty good with other teams. 

Ergo Proxy, Drew4719 and quickzero like this