Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falconsin2012

Ryan Finley

20 posts in this topic

Yes, I know, QB isn’t really a need for another 2-3 years.  But it’s the NFL and you never know when the backup will be forced into action....and I think Ryan Finley could be special.  

If available in Rd 3, would you consider taking him?  I would.  Reminds me a lot of Ryan

VTCrunkler likes this

I’d only take him or any QB with the 4th round comp pick or later, but we already resigned schaub, so it’s doubtful.

1 hour ago, Falconsin2012 said:

Yes, I know, QB isn’t really a need for another 2-3 years.  But it’s the NFL and you never know when the backup will be forced into action....and I think Ryan Finley could be special.  

If available in Rd 3, would you consider taking him?  I would.  Reminds me a lot of Ryan

now he is more similar to Ryan that Daniel Jones.  I hope Finley has an NFL career ahead of him.  good guy too

If you get good value, you should always take a QB you are high on. They be a top notch back up, or a trade asset down the line. Not in the 1st or 2nd, but 3rd or beyond is fair game for a QB.

Falconsin2012 likes this

36 minutes ago, tactician said:

If you get good value, you should always take a QB you are high on. They be a top notch back up, or a trade asset down the line. Not in the 1st or 2nd, but 3rd or beyond is fair game for a QB.

Completely agree.  I think he is a solid top 20 starter in a few years.  Could bet us a 2nd or 3rd via trade

If Drew Lock drops to our pick we should take and develop him similar to what the patriots do. We can flip him for 2 firsts. This is if most teams went full tard mode and allowed great QBs to drop in the first.

1 minute ago, Osiruz said:

If Drew Lock drops to our pick we should take and develop him similar to what the patriots do. We can flip him for 2 firsts. This is if most teams went full tard mode and allowed great QBs to drop in the first.

Jimmy went for a 2nd and you think we could flip Lock for two firsts? Lol

I watched him play and like him a lot but MR2 should have another 5 yrs left so I don’t think I’d use a third rounder on a QB.....maybe a comp fourth if he’s still there.

Falconsin2012 likes this

13 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Jimmy would have went for a first if Bill B didn't have a brain fart. Someone like Lock would be a sure fire 2 firsts, he has star level talent and just needs experience.

1989Fan likes this

4 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Jimmy would have went for a first if Bill B didn't have a brain fart. Someone like Lock would be a sure fire 2 firsts, he has star level talent and just needs experience.

Are you ignoring his stats against ranked opponents? **** even just against a power 5 program his stats are bad. Or have you just not seen them?

7 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Are you ignoring his stats against ranked opponents? **** even just against a power 5 program his stats are bad. Or have you just not seen them?

Stats aren't everything, have you seen him play? Reminds me of the Eagles Carson Wentz.

6 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Stats aren't everything, have you seen him play? Reminds me of the Eagles Carson Wentz.

Lock threw 13 int's his junior year. Wentz threw 14 his entire college career.

I've watched him plenty of times. He gets locked down and then pads his stats in garbage time.

He has the talent but if he is asked to start year 1 he will be done. **** even if he sits he might not ever get it together. 

36 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

The key to getting great return value is to trade him with two years left on his rookie contract.  I’m pretty sure Cleveland was willing to send #4 overall pick to NE but Bill punted...or something like that

Patriots reportedly could've gotten No. 4 pick in 2018 NFL Draft for Jimmy Garoppolo

Osiruz likes this

21 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

The key to getting great return value is to trade him with two years left on his rookie contract.  I’m pretty sure Cleveland was willing to send #4 overall pick to NE but Bill punted...or something like that

Patriots reportedly could've gotten No. 4 pick in 2018 NFL Draft for Jimmy Garoppolo

yea it was a huge brain fart.

On 4/22/2019 at 3:12 PM, Yo_Lover said:

Jimmy could have went for more. Bill didn't want to trade him, and when Kraft forced his hand he made sure he went to a good situation in SF. That was kind of a unique situation.

On 4/22/2019 at 3:10 PM, Osiruz said:

He's got a very strong arm and is athletic but some say he can't read the field very well. But who knows, QBs are hard to predict.

Osiruz likes this