Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Atlfalcons08

Interesting NFL Draft Notes On a Few Players

28 posts in this topic

Via McGinn: NFL Scout on Ed Oliver: "Two scouts referred to Oliver as “a pain in the ***.” Said one: “Just talks too much trash. Running his mouth will get him in trouble somewhere. I would doubt he’d have any loyalty to his team when he becomes a player."

Via McGinn: NFL Scout on Trysten Hill: “Gets in & they just knock him around. He’s not very good.” “The new staff didn’t like him." “It had to do with social media & he didn’t get along with the new coaches. Has maturity issues. Mom was in prison for a year. Guy’s on the edge.”

Via McGinn: NFL Scout on Alabama RB Damien Harris: (Late to a meeting before the Tennessee game in 2018 and didn’t start.) “Kind of a pain in the ***,” a scout said. “But he is talented.”

Via McGinn: NFL Scout on DL Rashan Gary: “I’m not sold that Rashan Gary loves football,” a third scout said. “His football character is not very good. His interview wasn’t good. He thinks he’s this great worker."

Via McGinn: Georgia WR Riley Ridley had a Wonderlic of 9. Scout: “He’s the best receiver out of everybody as far as running routes and catching the ball. He's not very smart.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are ball boys considered nfl execs this time of year? 

I find these quotes entertaining but they really are useless. Are they legit quotes from nfl execs? If they are legit quotes, are they honest reports or do they serve a different purpose?

NeonDeion and FalconsIn2012 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Falconsin2012 said:

A 9???  They should not release Wonderlic scores...

And players are no longer loyal to teams in NFL

Why not? It’s no different than if someone performs really poorly at a physical test.

Teams just then need to find out if the score was low because of effort or smarts...and decide how much they even care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Are ball boys considered nfl execs this time of year? 

I find these quotes entertaining but they really are useless. Are they legit quotes from nfl execs? If they are legit quotes, are they honest reports or do they serve a different purpose?

They all come from scouts and execs I believe. They are all opinion for the most part, but scouting and drafting as a whole is subjective so some could be smoke, some could just be airing their thoughts. I enjoy reading them though. Also find it crazy that there is such a mixed bag. Reminds me of this board some where when there is a player most fall in love with, there will always be a few who bash them just to be heard or hype their fav.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Candid assessments of players are required but publishing this crap is wrong imo.  This stuff should be kept in conference rooms and in offices of decision makers not one-sided narratives in public.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lmao, some of you guys acting all PC about negative comments like it’s mean spirited or something.

Here’s another one...

Wake up and deal with the real world man.  The truth is the truth & unless they’re lying, I think it’s healthy to hear the bad **** on players.  

Some of you folks are living in a fantasy land & may be in for some real surprises in your life.  Are you sheltered or something?  These dudes are being real about these players, it’s not some sort of personal drama show for them.  Geesh, wake the fk up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Lmao, some of you guys acting all PC about negative comments like it’s mean spirited or something.

Here’s another one...

Wake up and deal with the real world man.  The truth is the truth & unless they’re lying, I think it’s healthy to hear the bad **** on players.  

Some of you folks are living in a fantasy land & may be in for some real surprises in your life.  Are you sheltered or something?  These dudes are being real about these players, it’s not some sort of personal drama show for them.  Geesh, wake the fk up.

 

Our over-sensitive, hurt feelings culture of can't handle it.

 

HASHBROWN3 and Ergo Proxy like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.. This means we take Gary. Some will love him because he's a name and was loved on some scouting reports, but he will get here and we'll wonder how we missed on this pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kschreck said:

Our over-sensitive, hurt feelings culture of can't handle it.

 

It’s so annoying.  And ur so right.  It’s a sad state of affairs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Lmao, some of you guys acting all PC about negative comments like it’s mean spirited or something.

Here’s another one...

Wake up and deal with the real world man.  The truth is the truth & unless they’re lying, I think it’s healthy to hear the bad **** on players.  

Some of you folks are living in a fantasy land & may be in for some real surprises in your life.  Are you sheltered or something?  These dudes are being real about these players, it’s not some sort of personal drama show for them.  Geesh, wake the fk up.

 

 

How do we know they are "being real" about the players?

These are unnamed sources talking ish about some players on the internet. This reporting has about as much credibility as a 13 year olds Twitter feed.

Anyone with half a brain knows every player has pros and cons. But to say that "they are a pain in the butt", "talks too much trash", and "he doesn't seem like he'll be loyal" (how was that assessment made anyway?) seems to be more about grabbing attention than any real analysis of the player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Georgia WR Riley Ridley had a Wonderlic of 9.

I guess he got his name right,

that's good enough for me!

I don't know why,

but I like him better than his brother

and we all know how good he turned out!

Scout: “He’s the best receiver out of everybody as far as running routes and catching the ball. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Internetallstar said:

 

How do we know they are "being real" about the players?

These are unnamed sources talking ish about some players on the internet. This reporting has about as much credibility as a 13 year olds Twitter feed.

Anyone with half a brain knows every player has pros and cons. But to say that "they are a pain in the butt", "talks too much trash", and "he doesn't seem like he'll be loyal" (how was that assessment made anyway?) seems to be more about grabbing attention than any real analysis of the player.

Come on man, you know darn well that description can describe a lot of professional athletes. And how did they come to this conclusion? By interviewing the players and their previous coaches and teammates, that’s how.

I have to laugh at the thought of how soft someone has to be to get upset over saying “he’s a pain in the butt and talks trash.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, iDash said:

Georgia WR Riley Ridley had a Wonderlic of 9.

I guess he got his name right,

that's good enough for me!

I don't know why,

but I like him better than his brother

and we all know how good he turned out!

Scout: “He’s the best receiver out of everybody as far as running routes and catching the ball. 

 

Is it because he went to UGA instead of Bama? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Internetallstar said:

 

How do we know they are "being real" about the players?

These are unnamed sources talking ish about some players on the internet. This reporting has about as much credibility as a 13 year olds Twitter feed.

Anyone with half a brain knows every player has pros and cons. But to say that "they are a pain in the butt", "talks too much trash", and "he doesn't seem like he'll be loyal" (how was that assessment made anyway?) seems to be more about grabbing attention than any real analysis of the player.

LOL.

You’re exactly who I was describing.

Just read how pathetic your response is.  Do you realize these scouts literally live on the road watching these guys from the time they’re in High School?  They also talk to family, friends, coaches and beyond.

Here you are unable to handle a simple fkg assessment of a player where he says the guy could be a pain in the ***.  Why does that hurt your feelings? I’ll be the first one to recognize these are human beings & they can change their attitude around at any time.  But it’s the scouts job to lay it down both good & bad.  Some people in this world have a bad attitude man.  Some can be a real pain in the ***. I’m perfectly fine seeing that.  Thank goodness a scout ain’t too caught up with the PC disease that he can warn of potential red flags for his team.

Thank goodness you’re no scout.  You’d be unable to be truthful due to your pc/victimhood fake bull crap mentality.  That’s pathetic man.

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

 

I have to laugh at the thought of how soft someone has to be to get upset over saying “he’s a pain in the butt and talks trash.”

Sounds like that Polite kid out of FL. Didnt he get butt hurt over people being "mean" to him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Sounds like that Polite kid out of FL. Didnt he get butt hurt over people being "mean" to him? 

Yeah, went to the podium and complained about the questions the Packers asked him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, iDash said:

Georgia WR Riley Ridley had a Wonderlic of 9.

I guess he got his name right,

that's good enough for me!

I don't know why,

but I like him better than his brother

and we all know how good he turned out!

Scout: “He’s the best receiver out of everybody as far as running routes and catching the ball. 

 

If he falls to us in the 4th, I would take him. 

This kid talked to his brother on a regular basis (according to a published article last year).  The conversations were always centered around Calvin's criticism of Ridley's route-running and footwork. 

To heck with the Wonderlic.  I want receivers that have Ridley's work ethic. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

LOL.

You’re exactly who I was describing.

Just read how pathetic your response is.  Do you realize these scouts literally live on the road watching these guys from the time they’re in High School?  They also talk to family, friends, coaches and beyond.

Here you are unable to handle a simple fkg assessment of a player where he says the guy could be a pain in the ***.  Why does that hurt your feelings? I’ll be the first one to recognize these are human beings & they can change their attitude around at any time.  But it’s the scouts job to lay it down both good & bad.  Some people in this world have a bad attitude man.  Some can be a real pain in the ***. I’m perfectly fine seeing that.  Thank goodness a scout ain’t too caught up with the PC disease that he can warn of potential red flags for his team.

Thank goodness you’re no scout.  You’d be unable to be truthful due to your pc/victimhood fake bull crap mentality.  That’s pathetic man.

You're the fool taking second hand, unattributed rumors as gospel.

And I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with your point you nimrod. What I was taking issue with was the fact that the "analysis" came from some one who didn't want anybody to know who said it. If this analysis was so great, why not stand behind their words?

You got all worked up because you can't freaking read or you decided that you wanted to have a tantrum about political correctness or whatever it was that you were ranting about before you even read the reply.

And frankly, I'd rather deal with political correctness than some a-hole that blows up like a spoiled child because everyone else is "too sensitive". The irony is almost unbearable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Come on man, you know darn well that description can describe a lot of professional athletes. And how did they come to this conclusion? By interviewing the players and their previous coaches and teammates, that’s how.

I have to laugh at the thought of how soft someone has to be to get upset over saying “he’s a pain in the butt and talks trash.”

If the dude is a jerk, that's fine. I'm not saying he has to be a great guy or that no one should talk bad about him. What I am saying is that I wouldn't put any weight behind an unamed source. If he is a John Randle level trash talker that's fine with me. But I'm not going to take a mystery scouts word for it.

Shelley#37 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0