Romfal

Romfal's 3rd and final 2019 Mock

20 posts in this topic

I was planning to do 4 of these but the schedule has been hectic, so here goes with 3 and final for me.

Previous Mock: 

As always Rules of my mocks are, no trades unless it makes a ton of sense and I will only take a player if we worked them out according to this board or walterfootball to try and keep it realistic since we historically do workouts with the majority of our picks 

1. ARIZONA CARDINALS: KYLER MURRAY, QB

I think the Cards will just get peer pressured into taking Murray even though Rosen can more than likely run Kingsburrys system. Rosen gets traded to the Dolphins in my opinion. 

2. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: QUINNEN WILLIAMS, DT

I have some 49er fans and they all want Quinten over Bosa and think its a better fit. They can't really go wrong with either player.  Williams, best player in the draft.

3. NEW YORK JETS: NICK BOSA, EDGE

no brainer, they need help off the edge big time

4.  OAKLAND RAIDERS: JOSH ALLEN, EDGE

get that Khalil Mack replacement in the building as quick as you can

5. TAMPA BAY: ED OLIVER, DL

Bucs get their Gerald McCoy of the future. Unfortunately for us Falcons Fans this is too early to make a move for Ed.

6. NEW YORK GIANTS: DANIEL JONES, QB

I think this is the true QB the Giants want and they may have to take him here. This guy just reminds me of Eli. Keep in mind QB's always go earlier than anyone mocks them because of trades and trade threats. I don't see Jones lasting until 17.

7. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: NOAH FANT, TE

Scrub city at TE for the Jags. Give Foles a weapon he can turn in to Zach Ertz Jr.

8. REDSKINS(from Lions): DWAYNE HASKINS, QB

Skins move up to get their guy before the Broncos and Bengals. 

9. BUFFALO BILLS: JONAH WILLIAMS, OT

Add more help for Josh Allen, check

10. DENVER BRONCOS: DREW LOCK, QB

Elway can't help himself and takes another stab at the 'prototypical tree'

11. BENGALS: DEVIN WHITE, LB

All the QB's gone and no talent to play linebacker makes this an easy choice. 

12. GREEN BAY PACKERS: TJ HOCKERSON, TE

I hate giving Rodgers more weapons but this would be a great fit for them. 

13. DOLPHINS: MONTEZ SWEAT, DE

they need help all over the board. Add a talented Rusher and get Josh Rosen for a 2nd would be a dream scenario for the Fins

14. I can think of very few scenarios where someone will want to move up to 14. The only team behind us that needs a QB is the Redskins, the team with the biggest need at Tackle behind is is Houston and 23 and you just don't trade up for a tackle that high, even if you're desperate. No other position really merits moving up in my opinion besides some dark horse team that really really likes Devin Bush, but again, its linebacker not QB. With that said I'm running to the podium here with this card. 

1st Jawaan Taylor, RT, Florida 6'5 312lb

usatsi_9664705.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

2nd Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan 6'3 256lb

20171125_fbl_chase_winovich2.jpg

3rd Sean Bunting, CB, Central Michigan 6'0 195lb

usa_today_11342817.0.jpg

4th Nate Davis, OG, Charlotte 6'3 316lb

2TLC5M4QSJFQVBNOSLWWMBV2NQ.jpg

4th Lamont Gaillard, C, Georgia 6'3 305lb

8151107.jpg

5th Michael Dogbe, DT, Temple 6'3 280lb

Dogbe_Michael_20180901_Feelings_BBBB9609

5th Cole Holcomb, LB, North Carolina 6'1 235lb

cole-holcomb.jpg

6th  Jamal Davis, OLB/DE, Akron 6'3 243lb

D4NRInWWwAIuPRL.jpg

7th Duke Shelley, CB, Kansas State 5'9 181lb

Corey+Coleman+Duke+Shelley+Baylor+v+Kans

Man, you went heavy on the OL.  Maybe that would let us bring in a top tier FA at some point if we could roll some of the salaries off our OL.

Like the players, but really wish we could get a penetrating DT in there.  You see one in the 3rd or 4th you like?

We can work with this draft.

Definitely seems like the Falcons are primed to get OL, DL, and CB early in the draft; but can determine their moves and go BPA while securing those positions lower if necessary vs overdrafting.

3 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

Man, you went heavy on the OL.  Maybe that would let us bring in a top tier FA at some point if we could roll some of the salaries off our OL.

Like the players, but really wish we could get a penetrating DT in there.  You see one in the 3rd or 4th you like?

If 3 of our first 5 picks are on offense, there is a problem.  He picked great players, though

Romfal I’ve pretty much liked all your mocks this off season.

I prefer the last one but that’s not here nor there.

Good format well thought out.

Ergo Proxy likes this

3 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Romfal I’ve pretty much liked all your mocks this off season.

I prefer the last one but that’s not here nor there.

Good format well thought out.

Yeah, your second mock, with another DT subbed in for Oliver who won't be there is a very good mock as well.

Would give us DT, OT, Corner, S and center who could all be starters.  And a project at edge and WR.

kiwifalcon and Ergo Proxy like this

45 minutes ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

excellent. just wished you took a DT instead of Nate Davis.

Nate Davis is a beast.  He won’t make it out of 3rd rd

Khalen Saunders is starting to grow on me as a 3rd rounder.  Problem is, is that I know we have to draft a corner this year.  Uggghh

kiwifalcon likes this

I like the mock.  In that scenario I'd probably pick Rashan Gary or Devin Bush in R1 and get my RT in R2, but I kinda expect the Falcons to go OT in R1.  Would also prefer a LB earlier, probably in place of Gaillard.

4 hours ago, takeitdown said:

from the patterns ive seen on our visits/workouts its either 1st round or later rounds for DT but Senat was a player we visited with last year that was never reported so you never know. I would love Jerry Tillery if hes somehow there in the 2nd or Renell Wren in the 3rd

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Nate Davis is a beast.  He won’t make it out of 3rd rd

yeah, I'm afraid of that too but I've seen him in the 4th in some of the deeper mocks. We could package the 2 4ths and move up

g-dawg likes this

That would be awesome. My only criticism would be taking 2 interior O-linemen - I really can't see that given all the guys we have brought in.

Man I gotta say I LOVE this draft.  Our lines would be stacked.  Maybe sign another safety in FA and I would be a happy camper to start the season!

Just now, msjacob25 said:

Man I gotta say I LOVE this draft.  Our lines would be stacked.  Maybe sign another safety in FA and I would be a happy camper to start the season!

Or even swap out either the 3rd or 4th round OL with a safety?