Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
datchrisb1

Last Mock Draft

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Round 1 (Pick 14): Bryon Murphy CB (Washington)

Round 2: (Pick 14) Jaylon Ferguson DE (LA Tech)

Round 3: (Pick 1) Khaylen Saunders DT (Western Illinois) TRADE 3RD AND 4TH ROUINDER (COMPENSATORY)

Round 4: (Pick 14) Ross Pierschbacher C/G (Alabama)

Round 4: (Pick between 27 and 32) Mecole Hardman WR (UGA) TRADE 5TH AND 6TH ROUNDER

Round 5: (Compensatory) Jordan Scarlett RB (Florida)

Round 7 (Pick 14): Jalen Young S (Florida Atlantic)

Edited by datchrisb1

1st - personally I'd rather have Baker/Greedy if we go cb out the gates.

2nd - I think Ferg has potential but since Polite has dropped I think you could get him there and I think he'll be much better.

The rest is good.

KCFalcon22 and Sobeit like this

Posted (edited)

6 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

2nd - I think Ferg has potential but since Polite has dropped I think you could get him there and I think he'll be much better.

The rest is good.

I was assuming Greedy was already gone. It depends on where you are playing him. Baker is the better boundary corner, that's his fit is outside not the nickel to me. Murphy would be the better guy to play at nickel. Don't get me wrong both are good players, just depends on where you want to feature them. Assuming Murphy takes over where Poole left off.

Polite is dropping because he isn't a complete 4-3 DE who is going to start day one. He is the better pass rusher, he is God awful in the run game, with his run fits, disengaging getting off blocks... He is one of the better rushers in this draft and a liability in the run game. That's a rotational guy, not a full time starter at 4-3 DE. 3-4 OLBs drop, he didn't do much of that at Florida. Both his ability to contribute against the run in a 4-3 and his ability to contribute as a drop defender in the pass game in a 3-4 needs developing. He can't start day one, he is still a rotational guy day one so teams have dropped him.

Edited by datchrisb1

6 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

The rest is good.

Now that I think about it you do have a point. I do love Polite's game as a pass rusher. We still have Beasley and Takk here among other guys. Ferguson right now is the more complete guy but long run Polite might be better and Atlanta may be the rotation he needs to further develop his game.

The O.D.B likes this

5 hours ago, datchrisb1 said:

Now that I think about it you do have a point. I do love Polite's game as a pass rusher. We still have Beasley and Takk here among other guys. Ferguson right now is the more complete guy but long run Polite might be better and Atlanta may be the rotation he needs to further develop his game.

I don't know what it is about Ferg, I've tried and tried again to like him more than i do. When I watch him I see a guy that is physically perfect for the role but most plays are uninspiring. It's like when he wants to he can but, most of the time he doesn't want to. Maybe its a scheme thing.

Polite to me plays like a barbarian and I love that.

datchrisb1 likes this