Brian Burns Potential Pick

MayorWest13

The only thing I like about him is his Length and pursuit. He is 6'6 with 4.5 speed. I do not like that he is light....gained 20lbs for the combine but what is his natural playing weight? 235-245lbs?? 

We have to have more variety on the DL. We had Shelby at 285, Clayborn at 280, Reed at 260 and then are young pass rushers at 250 lbs. I dont really want to add another undersized guy. Still need a base LDE. Trade up for Bosa or Quinnen or stay put and get who falls. 

Not a big fan of Burns but not because I dont think he will be a player. Just need more size. 

As a massive FSU fan i'll pass at 14.  I wouldn't be against a trade down grabbing a 2nd rounder and getting him later in the 1st but much better prospects to be had at 14 than Burns.   I would take both Sweat and ferrell at 14 over him if we went DE but i would rather take a DE in the 2nd or 3rd round where i think the edge rushers there are not that far off talent wise from the 1st round guys for much better value.    With that said it could be worse you could have listed Rashan Gary and thats just blasphemy to the highest level.

Nooo!! I said on this board which I rarely do that Noah Spence looks like Jarvis Jones. This guy reminds me of both plus Vic. 

If you want a guy who almost gets to the qb than this is your guy. Which I said about Jarvis. One trick pony. 

Get a player instead. Burns will be in the league 5 disappointing years for whatever team takes him book it.

14 hours ago, The O.D.B said:

His highlight vids are of super hero proportion but he game vids are about 8-9 very good plays and the rest is jag.

15 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

He’s a twig. He gonna get hammered on run D

15 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I hope not 

15 hours ago, Stryka said:

The only thing I like about him is his Length and pursuit. He is 6'6 with 4.5 speed. I do not like that he is light....gained 20lbs for the combine but what is his natural playing weight? 235-245lbs?? 

We have to have more variety on the DL. We had Shelby at 285, Clayborn at 280, Reed at 260 and then are young pass rushers at 250 lbs. I dont really want to add another undersized guy. Still need a base LDE. Trade up for Bosa or Quinnen or stay put and get who falls. 

Not a big fan of Burns but not because I dont think he will be a player. Just need more size. 

He doesn't offer anything in the run game. As a trade back option I'll consider but not at 14.

15 minutes ago, Cole World said:

He doesn't offer anything in the run game. As a trade back option I'll consider but not at 14.

7 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

I think Burns is going to be a very special player IF he adds weight and gets stronger. He’s prolly a year or two away and we need help now. I’d take him over VB right now 

We are super idiots if we draft ANOTHER 1st RD Edge rusher with our current DL. Look you can keep drafting 1st rd edge rushers and they will all fail until you get some bigger bodies into the interior DL. We need a bigger interior DL to collapse the pocket and create lanes for our pass rushers.

We need to get Dexter Lawrence in the 1st and fix the interior DL before we think about drafting another edge rusher in the 1st.

He's my #3 edge rusher behing Bosa and Allen, but he'd absolutely be on my short list at #14. If you liked Beasley, and clearly we did, then there is no reason not to like Burns. Burns is every bit the athlete Beasley was but he's bigger and far more refined in his pass rush. 

I don't think we end up drafting him, although we did interview him at the combine, but he'd be better value at #14 than any DT not named Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver.