Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cole World

Jeffery Simmons is very much in play

15 posts in this topic

I know it was some who said we would not consider Jeffery Simmons based on his D.V. incident, well look at Dimitroff quote:

 

“As an organization we believe in opportunities when people take responsibility for their actions and are committed to change,” Falcons general manager Thomas Dimitroff said. “We believe Ra’Shede understands that his conduct was wrong and has learned from his mistakes. He has met the obligations of the court in his prior matters and worked hard over the last two years including community service, intensive course work and rehab. That said, we understand the seriousness of his actions, and he knows we will not tolerate abusive behavior in any form.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, yeah no

Maybe he's on our board, maybe he's not, but that statement has nothing to do with him, and is a completely different situation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hjerry said:

Um, yeah no

Maybe he's on our board, maybe he's not, but that statement has nothing to do with him, and is a completely different situation 

How is it different situations when both were domestic violence and I could be wrong, but I don’t think he was saying that statement was about Simmons. The way I read it, it was about TD being open to giving second chances.

 

Cole World likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don’t think we are drafting an injured player in such a crucial year to the HC and GM.

Simmons isn’t expected to play this year.

AutumnEffect likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, atlbaby said:

How is it different situations when both were domestic violence and I could be wrong, but I don’t think he was saying that statement was about Simmons. The way I read it, it was about TD being open to giving second chances.

 

First of all, neither you nor I have even the slightest clue what actually happened with Hageman. The details were never revealed.

Second, the Falcons had intimate knowledge of both Hageman and his problems.

Third, they can sign Hageman with absolutely zero risk, whereas this would cost a (likely) high drat pick.

Not the same, at all

Ovie_Lover, g-dawg and NeonDeion like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hjerry said:

First of all, neither you nor I have even the slightest clue what actually happened with Hageman. The details were never revealed.

Second, the Falcons had intimate knowledge of both Hageman and his problems.

Third, they can sign Hageman with absolutely zero risk, whereas this would cost a (likely) high drat pick.

Not the same, at all

He was charged with domestic violence and was released after. If you read the quote in the OP it saids Ra’Shede learned from his mistake. Rather he did it or not TD said it. 

Again I could be wrong but I think the OP was making it a point to those who said he wasn’t a option for the Falcons because of his prior situation.

Nobody on the Falcons staff was present at any of incidents for them to know what really happened. They can only go off of police reports and word of mouth.

Cole World likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, atlbaby said:

He was charged with domestic violence and was released after. If you read the quote in the OP it saids Ra’Shede learned from his mistake. Rather he did it or not TD said it. 

Again I could be wrong but I think the OP was making it a point to those who said he wasn’t a option for the Falcons because of his prior situation.

Nobody on the Falcons staff was present at any of incidents for them to know what really happened. They can only go off of police reports and word of mouth.

The Falcons signing Hageman to a one year deal does not mean that Simmons is an option. He may be, but the two situations are unrelated. 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hjerry said:

The Falcons signing Hageman to a one year deal does not mean that Simmons is an option. He may be, but the two situations are unrelated. 

You’re missing the point, so we’re just going to have to disagree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, atlbaby said:

How is it different situations when both were domestic violence and I could be wrong, but I don’t think he was saying that statement was about Simmons. The way I read it, it was about TD being open to giving second chances.

 

 

7 hours ago, atlbaby said:

He was charged with domestic violence and was released after. If you read the quote in the OP it saids Ra’Shede learned from his mistake. Rather he did it or not TD said it. 

Again I could be wrong but I think the OP was making it a point to those who said he wasn’t a option for the Falcons because of his prior situation.

Nobody on the Falcons staff was present at any of incidents for them to know what really happened. They can only go off of police reports and word of mouth.

Yes right. I didn’t mean to come across as we were going to select him at 14 (especially now with his injury). I was simply making it a point as you said to those who said initially that Simmons would never be on the draft board because of his D.V. incident.

Clearly the Falcons staff don’t condone it but they are opened to giving a player a 2nd chance if they show they have matured i.e. Hageman and Simmons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

I just don’t think we are drafting an injured player in such a crucial year to the HC and GM.

Simmons isn’t expected to play this year.

 

5 hours ago, Bobby.Digital said:

Don't see the opportunity. We won't take him at 14 and he won't be there at 45. 

 

It’s one particular poster who kept going back and forth with me prior to Simmons injury saying because Simmons had that D.V. charge he would be off the Falcons draft board completely.

 

....but in a trade back situation where we could get another pick or two we could consider him. Simmons would be under contract for 5 years with the 5th year option. Davison, Hageman and Jarrett (who will be signed long term eventually) are only on one year deals. They have enough DTs between the current four/five to allow Simmons to heal for a year. 

Edited by Cole World

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cole World said:

 

 

It’s one particular poster who kept going back and forth with me prior to Simmons injury saying because Simmons had that D.V. charge he would be off the Falcons draft board completely.

 

....but in a trade back situation where we could get another pick or two we could consider him. Simmons would be under contract for 5 years with the 5th year option. Davison, Hageman and Jarrett (who will be signed long term eventually) are only on one year deals. They have enough DTs between the current four/five to allow Simmons to heal for a year. 

Personally if we can't move up for Oliver and Gary is gone I'd move down a few spots and take Simmons who I think is a top 5 player in this class. 

However I don't think we take him with out 1st, not because of his assault but rather this team has Superbowl aspirations and I feel DQ wants a player that can help day 1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't see us picking Simmons with DQ on the warm seat to have this defense humming day 1 even if the off the field wasn't an issue. 

g-dawg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0