Goober Pyle

Thomas Dimitroff on the moment he realized who the Falcons will take in 2019 NFL Draft

46 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

we have to watch our assurances my friend.  I tend to agree w/ you but....no guarantees.

None of us were guaranteeing Calvin Ridley last year or Keanu Neal in 2016.

Well, if we did draft a CB in the first ,, It would only be for Greedy Williams,,  But even that  I just cant see happening as many good CBs being in this draft in the exact area that we need to get one.. ,, 

g-dawg likes this

Posted (edited)

I see Greedy Williams bunched in with Murp

hy and Baker but not the only 1st rounder. I still would like to see OT, DT and then Jimmy Moreland in the 4th or 5th. Dude is a HAWK.

Edited by Doug Carlton

I'm crazy about Christian Wilkins.. He's so underrated,, The only other DL that would move my body on draft day would be Rashan Gary... What a beast of a man... I would love either one of these , but if we can get Gary at 14, ,I'd have to go with him.  Could you imagine us taking him and then trading back up and getting Wilkins..?? Woooo Neilly !! 

Go big or stay home...for the playoffs...

So since it's all dependent on who is available when we go to pick, this is basically just saying we've settled on our draft board.

That's comforting, but I imagine every team out there has just about settled on their board.

Pacific_Falcon likes this

A lot of times TD tends to go outside of what everyone is expecting in the early rounds. Talent over need. And more times than not it works out really well. There's a good chance of an OL or DL run with the picks ahead of us. With that in mind I keep coming back to both Devin linebackers. I can't imagine any chance that White would be there at 14. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we ended up with Bush.

I'm on the trade up for Oliver bandwagon or OT at 14, but I'm trying to think outside the box. TD surprises me every time.

duckhoa likes this

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

don't really like the comment by TD as a payoff to the headline.

• Payne was supposed to be the primary target
  • No one really expected Calvin Ridley to be on the board at #26
  • how did TD know in the morning workout that it was going to be Ridley when I don't think they were ever trading up for him.  Carolina two spots earlier could have taken Ridley (they took Marland WR - DJ Moore)
  • there should have been follow-up questions by Kelsey Conway there to clarify.

Agree, seems somewhat insincere to say that about CR without follow up questions to place in context. But, that’s what you get with Kelsey... enter Cam Newton here with his female reporter quip and perspective! 

g-dawg likes this

1 hour ago, roguebeaver said:

Agree, seems somewhat insincere to say that about CR without follow up questions to place in context. But, that’s what you get with Kelsey... enter Cam Newton here with his female reporter quip and perspective! 

I think the only way we trade up is for Gary,,  I just don't think that anybody else is worth it especially for our needs.. Some have him going at 15,, And I got to thinking ,, look at how many teams are going up for QBs,, that will probably push him down also... I sure hope so.. What a beast of a nice guy who is a bull dozzer  on the field. I truly hope he's the one.

Just now, Draftnut57 said:

I think the only way we trade up is for Gary,,  I just don't think that anybody else is worth it especially for our needs.. Some have him going at 15,, And I got to thinking ,, look at how many teams are going up for QBs,, that will probably push him down also... I sure hope so.. What a beast of a nice guy who is a bull dozzer  on the field. I truly hope he's the one.

We're not taking Gary. We haven't even talked to him since the combine.

I'd honestly be surprised if he's even on our board. He's going to bust...badly

Ovie_Lover likes this

10 minutes ago, hjerry said:

We're not taking Gary. We haven't even talked to him since the combine.

I'd honestly be surprised if he's even on our board. He's going to bust...badly

I think he's the safest DT pick in the first round and for any position .. I'll bet you is at least on their board,, And I think his fall will be a surprice because of the 3 QBs that will sneak into to top 10, that makes the boards totally different. Plus I wanted to copy what you said, so you can't delete it.. :mmmhmm:

3 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I wonder who Thomas D meant by "this is our guy." It must be someone he thinks will likely be available at 14 the way I read it.

Greedy Williams :ninja:

38 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I think he's the safest DT pick in the first round and for any position .. I'll bet you is at least on their board,, And I think his fall will be a surprice because of the 3 QBs that will sneak into to top 10, that makes the boards totally different. Plus I wanted to copy what you said, so you can't delete it.. :mmmhmm:

Uh huh, good luck with that

47 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Dude did absolutely nothing in college but now he's supposed to go top 10? Mkay

this more and more looks like a move up to 3 for bosa or allen. i dont think we move that far up for a DT. if TD is so certain on who his guy is it would take a move that big to ensure u get him. there is no good reason to try to be misleading because all its gonna do is tell other teams we like oliver or williams that much since a DT is linked to us that they may draft them higher. for him to be that cocky means he must have a deal in place and is confident enough that hes not worried about someone else taking them ahead of us.

5 minutes ago, Yo_Lover said:

Dude did absolutely nothing in college but now he's supposed to go top 10? Mkay

He was one of the players I didn't really know much about....I actually watched a lot of his tape yesterday...he flashed at times....but I wasnt impressed....very inconsistent IMO......

Ovie_Lover likes this

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

heard a pundit from yahoo - that projected Christian Wilkins to Falcons at #14 say:

"There is pressure on Dan Quinn to win this year, and if he goes down, he is gonna go down swinging with what he knows - Defensive Line"

...and when you really think about it, that logic makes sense.   I don't know that it will be Christian Wilkins - but it makes sense that it would be Wilkins, Lawrence, Oliver or maybe an Edge like Sweat.

Interesting. Go down swinging with what he knows. Likely a DL.

But I do not think his job is in danger.

Last year should be considered an outlier, although it did expose the depth on D and I hope it was a learning experience.

6 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Thanks for posing,, this confirms what I thought .

Are you calling The Goob a poser, draftnut? 

:ninja:

3 hours ago, g-dawg said:

heard a pundit from yahoo - that projected Christian Wilkins to Falcons at #14 say:

"There is pressure on Dan Quinn to win this year, and if he goes down, he is gonna go down swinging with what he knows - Defensive Line"

...and when you really think about it, that logic makes sense.   I don't know that it will be Christian Wilkins - but it makes sense that it would be Wilkins, Lawrence, Oliver or maybe an Edge like Sweat.

If I were a betting man, assuming they stand pat at #14 I would still bet the pick is Wilkins. 

g-dawg likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

If I were a betting man, if they stand pat at #14 I would bet the pick is Wilkins. 

It seems the most logical pick to me.  Maybe not the sexiest pick but a player that should do well and give us what we need.

Vandy likes this

4 hours ago, vel said:

Agreed on the top four. I just think the Bucs are still stupid and will pass on Oliver and I don't believe the Giants not going QB there. The Bucs have McCoy and Vea, so IDK if DT is the spot when their edges still suck. Sweat or Burns makes more sense there. For NYG, I can see Devin White or a QB before Oliver easily. 

But it's a crap shoot without even projecting trade ups too. If Oliver makes it passed #6, TD is pulling the trigger because I'm 95% sure the Jags don't go defense and the Lions at #8 are it. 

I agree. Although the Giants have the 17th pick, they are not guaranteed a QB would be there then. At pick 6, they could at least pick the QB they want between Haskins/Jones without the fear of the Broncos, Bengals, Dolphins or Redskins taking one or both off the board.

32 minutes ago, Vandy said:

If I were a betting man, assuming they stand pat at #14 I would still bet the pick is Wilkins. 

Well ,, I'm a huge Wilkins fan also..  even more than Gary..  I think Gary hasn't even tapped his ability..  I think he has a lot of skills that could turn into one of the best ..DTs in this draft. But your right that Wilkins is more ready,, I've been bragging on him more lattly than any other player... 

Vandy likes this